The Student Room Group

will I friendzone myself?

I like this girl at uni, we start a new semester this week. Issue is I will be in two lectures with her.

What leads to the friendzone is the guy acting like a friend, not making moves. It its the guys fault not the girls.

the thing is I wont be able to make any moves etc. I am a bit stressed in my personal life and have some family issues. It will take me while to sort these problems out. But from past experience there is no point in asking a girl out, when times are hard as you will never be yourself and it will waste both your times.

I do really get along with this girl and i find her so beautiful, and want to be my best, but just have this fear.
Reply 1
The friendzone is a strange thing, you could still be friends with her and not be friendzoned but it's really just all in your mind. Definitely use the time to sort out things in your personal life before making proper moves (e.g. asking on a date), as you said it's best not to use her as some platform to try and make your life better. Having said that, it doesn't take much effort to show a girl that you like her. If you talk to her, just be interested in what she has to say, ask questions and make yourself an interesting person. Do compliment her from time to time, just drop hints that you do like her, it doesn't have to be serious stuff like staring into her eyes (which is actually creepy btw) but just the small things that she might start to think whether you like her or not.
Reply 2
Original post by UWS
The friendzone is a strange thing, you could still be friends with her and not be friendzoned but it's really just all in your mind. Definitely use the time to sort out things in your personal life before making proper moves (e.g. asking on a date), as you said it's best not to use her as some platform to try and make your life better. Having said that, it doesn't take much effort to show a girl that you like her. If you talk to her, just be interested in what she has to say, ask questions and make yourself an interesting person. Do compliment her from time to time, just drop hints that you do like her, it doesn't have to be serious stuff like staring into her eyes (which is actually creepy btw) but just the small things that she might start to think whether you like her or not.

From my experience, it's in action which leads to friend zone. And I'm not sure, once a girl sees you as a friend then it's very unlikely you will ever date her.

I agree, no point in asking her out if I'm not happy with my life. It will just make things worse for me.

Drop hints like tease her? Is that what you mean?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
From my experience, it's in action which leads to friend zone. And I'm not sure, once a girl sees you as a friend then it's very unlikely you will ever date her.

I agree, no point in asking her out if I'm not happy with my life. It will just make things worse for me.

Drop hints like tease her? Is that what you mean?

You can be friends with her but not be friendzoned, that's why I say the friendzone is a strange concept that many people seem to get confused over. You can tell her how nice she looks or compliment her hair, just the little things like that really. Yeah you can tease her a bit too :smile: Just don't make yourself too available really, don't be always there to help her with her problems. Eventually you will have to step things up though, after a few weeks maybe.
Reply 4
Original post by UWS
You can be friends with her but not be friendzoned, that's why I say the friendzone is a strange concept that many people seem to get confused over. You can tell her how nice she looks or compliment her hair, just the little things like that really. Yeah you can tease her a bit too :smile: Just don't make yourself too available really, don't be always there to help her with her problems. Eventually you will have to step things up though, after a few weeks maybe.

Ahh okay, so some days keep my distance, but some days give her some attention. And agreed I must ask her out once I do feel like it
Reply 5
There is a lot of nonsense talked about the friendzone. Usually it means they like your personality but don't find you physically attractive. Not much you can do about it. Be yourself, flirt a bit if there is any encouragement, ask her out. Good luck.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending