The Student Room Group

Which decade was better, the 90's or the 00's

Personally, I think the 1990's were a better decade. Even if I only lived for 5 months in the 1990's.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The 2000's were alreyt, the 2010's have been dreadful
90s. The Naughties as they are so called were tinged with post-911 fear.
Reply 3
Original post by Athena64
90s. The Naughties as they are so called were tinged with post-911 fear.

Fair point. Although, there were some good stuff about the 00's. I feel that people were more prosperous in the 00's.
neither, the '10s
Reply 5
Original post by Jenniferhhh
neither, the '10s

Really, I think the 10's have been dreadful from 2010 till now. The music has been terrible. There is a strong sense of pessimism. The 10's have been depressing.
Original post by RedManc
Fair point. Although, there were some good stuff about the 00's. I feel that people were more prosperous in the 00's.

I don't know, I wasn't fully cognizant during the 00s.

I do, though, like the growth of the Internet, which allows knowledge at our fingertips and communications widespread. I also love Obama's presidency, and I think globalisation is a nice idea, but do to some corporate domination it's become a bad thing.

I also generally like the music in 90s though.
Reply 7
Original post by Athena64
I don't know, I wasn't fully cognizant during the 00s.

I do, though, like the growth of the Internet, which allows knowledge at our fingertips and communications widespread. I also love Obama's presidency, and I think globalisation is a nice idea, but do to some corporate domination it's become a bad thing.

I also generally like the music in 90s though.

I didn't like BritPop, because I don't like pop in general. But I did like alternative rock which was popular in the late 90's all the way up until 2007
I'm glad I was kid in the 90s (tv was better, none of this CGI rubbish), I'm glad I was a teenager in the 00s (everything else was better).

Original post by RedManc
Personally, I think the 1990's were a better decade. Even if I only lived for 5 months in the 1990's.

:rolleyes:
Reply 9
Original post by Snufkin
I'm glad I was kid in the 90s (tv was better, none of this CGI rubbish), I'm glad I was a teenager in the 00s (everything else was better).

:rolleyes:

Did you like the Bill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pxOIEMODQg
Reply 11
Original post by Snufkin
No.

You don't. :angry:
Tbh idk i was born in the 90s but it doesn't count as 'living in the 90s' and the naughties was eh.
Reply 13
90s obvs
90s because everything is wrong.
2000s were the best, 00 best year to be born
Reply 16
Original post by retro_turtles
Tbh idk i was born in the 90s but it doesn't count as 'living in the 90s' and the naughties was eh.

when were you born.
Original post by RedManc
when were you born.

Original post by AntecedentMuslim
2000s were the best, 00 best year to be born

So how can you claim that the 00s were better than the 90s when you literally didn't experience any part of the 90s :rofl:
Reply 19
Original post by retro_turtles

same. Even though I was born in July 99', I still believe it was the best year.

Quick Reply

Latest