I miss 2009 and the 00's...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RedManc
why not

Things were still more inconvenient.
Reply 21
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Things were still more inconvenient.

Fair point. However, the mood in the country were much better. I would say the 90's were the best decade.
Original post by RedManc
I would say the 90's were the best decade.

Yeah, remind me , who was in government then ?
And who's budget was implemented for the whole of the 90's?
Original post by RedManc
Fair point. However, the mood in the country were much better. I would say the 90's were the best decade.

When you becoming an MP @RedManc , I want to see you in the cabinet!
Reply 24
Original post by fleky6910
Yeah, remind me , who was in government then ?
And who's budget was implemented for the whole of the 90's?

Ken Clarke was alreyt. He was way better than George Osbourne. He is my favourite tory
Reply 25
When you becoming an MP @RedManc , I want to see you in the cabinet!

Me too. I want tae be foreign secretary
Original post by RedManc
Me too. I want tae be foreign secretary

Have u asked yet?
Reply 27
Have u asked yet?

Not yet. I will when there is a by-election or an election. I still think I'm unknown in the Labour Party.
Reply 28
Go onto the proxy list and run if there is an election!
Also there is a shadow cabinet reshuffle so keep your eyes out:colondollar:

Can the shadow cabinet take a Labour MP.
Original post by RedManc

Gotta ask @mobbsy91 , beware he doesn't like lefties.
same
Original post by RedManc

That would mean scrutinising your own party btw , it makes no sense
Reply 32
Gotta ask @mobbsy91 , beware he doesn't like lefties.

I would be Foreign secretary. I would be the most conservative Labour foreign policy person ever
Original post by RedManc

Nah, not really. We were still in a recession.
Original post by RedManc
I would be Foreign secretary. I would be the most conservative Labour foreign policy person ever

You would give at @Life_peer an easy job:biggrin:.
Reply 35
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Nah, not really. We were still in a recession.

We were in recession from 2008-2009
Reply 36
You would give at @Life_peer an easy job:biggrin:.

Aye, @Life_peer should be in the House of Lords. Its in his username
best years of my life without a doubt
Original post by zayn008
Does anyone else just miss how simple life was back then? The great music, the great TV shows, the movies (Harry potter was still a franchise), the fashion, schools were better, we had a progressive labour government... i miss the 00's a lot in general but lately its been 2009. Anyone else just feeling sick with all the new technology and domination of social media?

personally, the year for me was 2002. I was 10 years old and a lot seemed to be going on for me despite having no friends in school.

then high school happened I made friends, got bullied/victimised a lot more (fat, hairy, non-white muslim in a predominantly white athiestic school), fell in love with a girl who was a lot like me (minus attractive and good build, minus flat chest), lost tonnes of weight to impress her (not really succeeded wooing her) and nglected education because of her, did **** in GCSE (AABBBBCCDDE)

sixth form was worse: got mugged on route to AS levels, suffered PTSD in A2 levels, lost all my friends I made in AS levels and high school, teachers were absolute knobs.

went to russel group uni and graduated with 2:1/merit Masters at age of 21, was involved with tonnes of SOCs at uni (even ran a few of them), failed interview for jobs at top companies based in cambridge, london, brighton, hertfordshire, buckinghamshire, been unemployed for 30/44 months since graduating, had to clean toilets and do crap I didnt want to do for 12 months in a job where my boss wanted me sacked before even starting work and am not in a financially great situation (living at home with parents and cant move out, both parents are pensioners and 1 of them requires care from me and the other due to disabilites).

yh, life is an interesting one and I agree, the 00's were better
Original post by RedManc

Nope!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending