The Student Room Group
University logo
Abertay University

Selection Day?

Hi All, I've been shortlisted for a selection day in regards to the Mental Health Nursing course.

Has anyone else been invited to one of these or have any of you been given an offer straight away?

Bit curious if this is the norm

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi I have also been invited to a 'Selection Day' for mental health nursing and I was thinking the same thing if this is normal and what is involved.
University logo
Abertay University
Reply 2
Original post by cesmall1
Hi I have also been invited to a 'Selection Day' for mental health nursing and I was thinking the same thing if this is normal and what is involved.

I spoke to someone in admissions and they said it was the norm and no one has been given an offer. Only selection days, what day is yours on?

I'm wondering how many people they are taking and how many selection days there are.
Reply 3
Original post by tedster2017
I spoke to someone in admissions and they said it was the norm and no one has been given an offer. Only selection days, what day is yours on?

I'm wondering how many people they are taking and how many selection days there are.

Mines is on the 8th of February when is yours? Do you know if we have to bring anything with us and what we are doing?
Reply 4
Mines is on the 8th of February when is yours? Do you know if we have to bring anything with us and what we are doing?

Mine is the 14th. They never told me to bring anything, said there would be a lecture and they would ask you a few questions. It's quite informal from the sounds of it
Reply 5
Mine is the 14th. They never told me to bring anything, said there would be a lecture and they would ask you a few questions. It's quite informal from the sounds of it

Okay that's not too bad then. Good luck with yours.
Reply 6
Okay that's not too bad then. Good luck with yours.

You too :smile:
Reply 7

Good luck today and let me know what it's like :smile:
Reply 8
Good luck today and let me know what it's like :smile:

Hi had it this morning and didn't need to bring anything. It was all group activities that we had to do and there was not an actual interview as such. It was a lot different to what I was thinking it would be. Good luck with yours on the 14th :smile:
Reply 9
Hi had it this morning and didn't need to bring anything. It was all group activities that we had to do and there was not an actual interview as such. It was a lot different to what I was thinking it would be. Good luck with yours on the 14th :smile:

Well done :smile: they said on the phone it was something different.

Thank you, hopefully we both get on :smile:
Reply 10

Were the group activities difficult btw?
Not at all they were all easy
Reply 12
Not at all they were all easy

Thank you, that is useful to know but I wonder how they decide who to take on from that.
I'm currently in first year at abertay on this course. I just wanted to wish you all luck!

It was a group interview / discussion on things like problem solving etc last year. I got my offer about a week later.

Anyway good luck all! X

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Reply 14
Original post by sammydasher
I'm currently in first year at abertay on this course. I just wanted to wish you all luck!

It was a group interview / discussion on things like problem solving etc last year. I got my offer about a week later.

Anyway good luck all! X

Great, that doesn't sound too difficult. Are you enjoying it?
Great, that doesn't sound too difficult. Are you enjoying it?

I love it. It's challenging with a lot of work bit still enjoyable. I am just about to go back out on my second placement.

We are a very small class of about 30 which is nice as the lecturers get to know us a bit better etc and my class as a whole is fantastic and supportive.

X

Reply 16
I love it. It's challenging with a lot of work bit still enjoyable. I am just about to go back out on my second placement.

We are a very small class of about 30 which is nice as the lecturers get to know us a bit better etc and my class as a whole is fantastic and supportive.

X

That's a very small class indeed! Slightly worrying considering how many people they interview :frown:
That's a very small class indeed! Slightly worrying considering how many people they interview :frown:

Don't worry. At the start of the year there was a lot more of us.

Reply 18

Oh I see, I spoke to admissions and they interview around 160 people!

Can't imagine they take anywhere near that many.
Reply 19

Are there many males in your class? I'm a male myself you see

Quick Reply

Latest