The Student Room Group

I'm so physically weak, I cant carry a baby. Help?

I am female. I need some advice. I'm very weak physically, at the gym I cant do weights (only cardio) because I cant do multiple reps with anything more than 2 kg. I struggle to carry a baby. I can't carry shopping. I'm a healthy weight, if anything close to the overweight side. I don't eat meat but I eat alot of vegetables and fruit, as well and carbs.

The docs are no help, iron tablets are prescribed but they do nothing. I am also very sensitive to touch and if someone pokes me it hurts alot. I really want to improve my strength so i can actually carry things without getting exhausted or being in so much pain. Could anyone advise me on this?
Original post by Anonymous
I am female. I need some advice. I'm very weak physically, at the gym I cant do weights (only cardio) because I cant do multiple reps with anything more than 2 kg. I struggle to carry a baby. I can't carry shopping. I'm a healthy weight, if anything close to the overweight side. I don't eat meat but I eat alot of vegetables and fruit, as well and carbs.

The docs are no help, iron tablets are prescribed but they do nothing. I am also very sensitive to touch and if someone pokes me it hurts alot. I really want to improve my strength so i can actually carry things without getting exhausted or being in so much pain. Could anyone advise me on this?

Start lifting weights, try and do stuff at home, like push up and press ups, if you can lift your own body weight it'll help your upper body strength
Reply 2
You have to start small with the weights and work your way up, the more you do it, the more your body will get used to it. Exercising and workout can be a *****, and can be a struggle, but once you start working out a routine, it will get easier.
Carrying a baby is no joke and I wonder if you should be going to the gym in your condition (?)

Good luck with it all :wavey:
Reply 4
I can't do push ups or press ups, never could. I've tried to start 2 kg weights but i struggle to do more than 5 reps

eat more and tone up with weights
Reply 6
Original post by Airmed
You have to start small with the weights and work your way up, the more you do it, the more your body will get used to it. Exercising and workout can be a *****, and can be a struggle, but once you start working out a routine, it will get easier.

How would you suggest I start, as I struggle even with two kg on each hand:s-smilie:
I can't do push ups or press ups, never could. I've tried to start 2 kg weights but i struggle to do more than 5 reps

Just keep trying until you can do them with ease, it will build your upper body strength
Reply 8
Original post by CraigBackner
eat more and tone up with weights

What should I be eating more of as I dont eat meat
Reply 9
How would you suggest I start, as I struggle even with two kg on each hand:s-smilie:

You have to start at 2kg and keep doing it until it is not a struggle. And then increase the weight a little bit, and so on.
Some of the symptoms you describe are the same as mine (although) I have others as well. The pain on touching and weakness. I'll pm you
Sorry it's anon!!
Can you pm me?

1. Eliminate medical reasons.
2. Get your diet sorted out. make sure you are eating enough protein and a balanced diet.
3. If you are just weak then you can improve but you need to do resistance even if its very low weight. At the gym or at home, but you need to be consistent.
4. Dont be intimidated, if you can do 1 pressup 1 day ry 2 the next etc. Join MFP and get friends. You start wherever you are and keep going till you cna increase, but its about patience and consistency.

Fitness blender
https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos?keywords=&minlength=0&maxlength=0&minburn=0&maxburn=0&difficulty%5B%5D=1&difficulty%5B%5D=2&difficulty%5B%5D=3&trainingtype%5B%5D=9&trainingtype%5B%5D=13

https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

http://www.niashanks.com/womens-beginner-strength-training-guide/

Try using normal sized water bottles filled full (and closed obvs). Do it for about 25 minutes, in 5 min bursts, with 1 minute breaks in between.
Can you do push-ups from your knees?

Great protein sources are beans, rice, lentils, nuts, nut butter, mock meats
you say you cant eat meat. why.
can you eat fish.
it really sound like your body is very low in protean and possible vit and minerals. if your a vegan seek help from the vegan society. you simply cant cut a whole food group out and not replace it with something else. you say you cant lift more than 2 kgs. then use light weights tins of beans ect. and do lots of reps.
Go and see your GP.

What you are describing is not 'normal' but no-one here can tell you what is wrong or how to fix it.

Make an appointment as soon as you can.
they have been. i suspect that they must be able to do more than that. or they could not get up. op do you havean eating disorder and is you weight normal. personel question are your periods normal.
haveyou hadyour b12 checked that would explainyour sensitivity to touch. a vit that veg dont supply. you need a vit suplement. and to see your doctor to get it tested.
I'm not sure if working out to get back your strength is what you should be aiming for - it seems as if you may have some sort of medical problem :afraid:

I know the Doc may be useless, but try and see your GP again and say that your body hurts when touched, and you don't have the strength to do normal, daily activities. Tell them that your current med prescription isn't working for you and if they're still not much help, see if you can ask reception if you can see another professional.

Hope you start feeling better :h:

Quick Reply

Latest