The Student Room Group

Help me pls

Ok, my problem is that my sixth form makes me do RE (religious education) in form of Extended Project, but because i didn't chose to do it, i, obviously, don't want to do it and i am not doing any work for it, however, on friday my EP teacher came up to me and we had a small talk and it looks like they can expel me from sixth form if i don't do my work, they also said that it was a legal requirement for me to do it, to which my reply was that after finishing year 11 i have the right to withdraw from any RE activity to which they said that because i signed a document with them (at the beginning of my secondary school) (yes my sixth form and secondary school are kind of combined) i cannot stay in sixth form if i decided to not do EP, soooooooooooo is there a way for me to somehow drop ep ? is it even possible ?
(edited 7 years ago)
is it a religious school? i don't see why you are being forced to do a religion based epq, and if you not wanting to is good enough grounds to expel you. try talking to your head of sixth, they might handle the issue a bit better than your epq teacher
Original post by ZaTrox
Ok, my problem is that my sixth form makes me do RE (religious education) in form of Extended Project, but because i didn't chose to do it, i, obviously, don't want to do it and i am not doing any work for it, however, on friday my EP teacher came up to me and we had a small talk and it looks like they can expel me from sixth form if i don't do my work, they also said that it was a legal requirement for me to do it, to which my reply was that after finishing year 11 i have the right to withdraw from any RE activity to which they said that because i signed a document with them (at the beginning of my secondary school) (yes my sixth form and secondary school are kind of combined) i cannot stay in sixth form if i decided to not do EP, soooooooooooo is there a way for me to somehow drop ep ? is it even possible ?

move 6th form?
Reply 3
Original post by jasminglynne
is it a religious school? i don't see why you are being forced to do a religion based epq, and if you not wanting to is good enough grounds to expel you. try talking to your head of sixth, they might handle the issue a bit better than your epq teacher

yes it is religious school, ok i will try
Reply 4
Original post by CraigBackner
move 6th form?

yyyyy, easier said then done, + i don't want to leave my friends, also i am on good terms with quite a bit of teachers, and there is only 1 other sixth form in my (very small) city and i am not sure if they offer the same subjects. In other words, i am too lazy (and a bit afraid) of going to different sixth form
Original post by ZaTrox
yes it is religious school, ok i will try

since its a relgious school you have no choice to do it or get kicked out
Reply 6
since its a relgious school you have no choice to do it or get kicked out

ffckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. oh well im just going to write like 1k of words for it and tell them to fck off
Original post by ZaTrox
ffckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. oh well im just going to write like 1k of words for it and tell them to fck off

you're a real idoit boi
Reply 8
you're a real idoit boi

if you think that i will actually tell them to fck off then u r a real idiot here (also i know that i will need to write more than 1k words to even qualify it as finished)
Reply 9
Its not a legal requirement, its a school requirement. If you tell them how stressed about it you are getting and how its going to impact your other grades they should give you some leniency. The only important thing in 6th form is getting 3 A Level grades to the best of your ability. everything after that is extra. Therefor, if this is impacting your other grades, you need to have a discussion with one of the teachers that you said you got on with well to see what can be done about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending