The Student Room Group

Do we really want an American President who hates Muslims...

...makes healthcare prohibitively expensive and incites race wars?

I can't fathom it. His policies will lead to the death of hundreds of thousands of Muslims. He clearly hates Syrians, and he's stopped Muslims from certain countries even entering the USA.

How can people vote for this man?

Under his healthcare proposals the average cost of a policy will skyrocket, some suggest it will make healthcare prohibitively expensive and result in as much as a 25% increase in the policy price. Some estimate it could end up costing trillions.

Don't even get me started on race. Do we really need a racist who advocates in favour of supremacist after supremacist after supremacist standing aloft at the top of the world stage? His policies will end up destroying home ownership rates among minority communities, as well as rates of employment. He clearly doesn't care about the issues which really affect minority communities (258 police shootings against black people, anyone?).

Worst of all he wants to deport illegals in search of a better life.

Is this really the President America wants? It baffles me.

Scroll to see replies

Do we really want another thread of something that has been said, debated and fought over before?
Original post by Google22
Do we really want another thread of something that has been said, debated and fought over before?

Yes we do! We want as many as possible! There is no limit on such threads! No question on such a topic! We'll show those evil nazis whose boss!

Spoiler

Original post by jambojim97
Yes we do! We want as many as possible! There is no limit on such threads! No question on such a topic! We'll show those evil nazis whose boss!

Spoiler

Blimey, you've changed my mind there:wink:
Reply 4
Trump's policies will kill more Americans than foreigners so I'm good with that as long as its not one of my relatives.
Reply 5

You obviously don't know what these forums are for.
Blimey, you've changed my mind there:wink:

Good! I'm glad to hear it! #Clinton2016
I'm waiting...
Original post by Onde
To be fair, Trump was the second most popular candidate in a two-horse race in the States, and elsewhere he is even less popular except in authoritarian regimes such as Russia and China.

Where did I write anything about Trump?
Reply 9
Original post by LiberalOutcast
...makes healthcare prohibitively expensive and incites race wars?

I can't fathom it. His policies will lead to the death of hundreds of thousands of Muslims. He clearly hates Syrians, and he's stopped Muslims from certain countries even entering the USA.

How can people vote for this man?

Under his healthcare proposals the average cost of a policy will skyrocket, some suggest it will make healthcare prohibitively expensive and result in as much as a 25% increase in the policy price. Some estimate it could end up costing trillions.

Don't even get me started on race. Do we really need a racist who advocates in favour of supremacist after supremacist after supremacist standing aloft at the top of the world stage? His policies will end up destroying home ownership rates among minority communities, as well as rates of employment. He clearly doesn't care about the issues which really affect minority communities (258 police shootings against black people, anyone?).

Worst of all he wants to deport illegals in search of a better life.

Is this really the President America wants? It baffles me.

Muslims aren't a race, so therefore there is no race war. Linking race to culture is incredibly dangerous and was the same thing used to justify segregation and slavery.

Minorities in the United States have suffered under LBJ's Great Society, it tries to create "black pride" effectively fueling the flame for segregation. Also welfare reliance keeps groups poor, why is it that democrat states are the most divided and poor.

However I do agree that the response to this has been entirely wrong. Instead of criticizing Racial pride, some white people have responded by creating "White Pride", such as people like Richard Spencer. However Trump himself has not condoned the actions of these people, so its highly unlikely he is racist. He has not even proposed racist policies.

The reason healthcare is so expensive is because of widespread lobbying and subsidies provided by the government, the vast majority of the American Middle class has seen their premiums for insurance go up. Ultimately the people in the middle lose out through centralised healthcare, not the top. The solution is not to strip the middle class of its wealth, but to end the policies which have kept people at the bottom in that position in the first place.

[video="youtube;lm-FqtAOSB8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm-FqtAOSB8&ab_channel=LibertyPen[/video]
Original post by Onde
What is your point? That Obama is somehow worse than Trump? It simply doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

Define 'worse.' What is 'worse' to you? 'Worse' isn't any sort of standard to aspire to or reject, largely because it's entirely subjective and means different things to different people.

I'm highlighting hypocrisy.
Well he didn't win the popular vote so I guess not.
Reply 12
a president shouldn't have hate for anyone, muslim or anything mass based religion culture etc, just sort it not hate it, should focus on what ever job they do an do it properly. i donno. he sounding like he's wanting a white America, this correct?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PolPot
Muslims aren't a race, so therefore there is no race war. Linking race to culture is incredibly dangerous and was the same thing used to justify segregation and slavery.

Minorities in the United States have suffered under LBJ's Great Society, it tries to create "black pride" effectively fueling the flame for segregation. Also welfare reliance keeps groups poor, why is it that democrat states are the most divided and poor.

However I do agree that the response to this has been entirely wrong. Instead of criticizing Racial pride, some white people have responded by creating "White Pride", such as people like Richard Spencer. However Trump himself has not condoned the actions of these people, so its highly unlikely he is racist. He has not even proposed racist policies.

The reason healthcare is so expensive is because of widespread lobbying and subsidies provided by the government, the vast majority of the American Middle class has seen their premiums for insurance go up. Ultimately the people in the middle lose out through centralised healthcare, not the top. The solution is not to strip the middle class of its wealth, but to end the policies which have kept people at the bottom in that position in the first place.

[video="youtube;lm-FqtAOSB8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm-FqtAOSB8&ab_channel=LibertyPen[/video]

1. I never proclaimed Muslims are a 'race.'
2. Read the links.
Reply 14
Original post by PolPot

A lot of alternative facts.
I'm not a supporter of Trump, but I can't quite fathom why people have a heart attack over his stance of deporting illegal immigrants who have no papers/false papers to produce their identity. People who come to a country need to come in legally. It is not the governments fault that you entered a country illegally and now find yourself facing deportation 20 years later. If you're an illegal immigrant, the state has the right to send you back to where you came from.

EDIT: With regard to torture, I think Liberals shutdown anyone who have a slight inkling supporting it. I am by no means on the right, but if the opposing side at war is not abiding by the Genova Convention and torturing captured soldiers, I honestly can't see why we can't employ such methods too.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Khanthebrit
I'm not a supporter of Trump, but I can't quite fathom why people have a heart attack over his stance of deporting illegal immigrants who have no papers/false papers to produce their identity. People who come to a country need to come in legally. It is not the governments fault that you entered a country illegally and now find yourself facing deportation 20 years later. If you're an illegal immigrant, the state has the right to send you back to where you came from.

EDIT: With regard to torture, I think Liberals shutdown anyone who have a slight inkling supporting it. I am by no means on the right, but if the opposing side at war is not abiding by the Genova Convention and torturing captured soldiers, I honestly can't see why we can't employ such methods too.

I think you are right, we should do exactly the same thing as our enemies like killing their families and burning them alive and showing it on Facebook.
Original post by Onde
Well, for example, the Republicans are already repealing the health insurance coverage of millions of people who had it for the first time under Obama, and have offered nothing to replace it.

Healthcare premiums increased by 25% under Obamacare. Obamacare penalised people for refusing to buy health insurance. See the links above.

Original post by Onde

He has put blanket bans on immigrants from seven countries that is likely to be completely disappropriate to the threat posed, and certain to be economically detrimental.

Those seven countries were the seven countries Obama identified. Obama also excluded citizens from Iraq in 2011, and for significantly longer than Trump has proposed.

Original post by Onde

He has said there is nothing wrong with torture

So? Do you believe there is or there isn't something wrong with torture?

That doesn't mean he's in a position to actually torture people.

Original post by Onde

He has done everything in his power to stop refugees from entering the country.

In the same manner Obama deported 2.5 million illegals, you mean? Why is it 'better' to allow refugees access to a country?

Original post by Onde

but all his policies so far have been isolationist and inhumane, not considering that people from other countries are people too.

More subjectivity. Define 'inhumane.'
Original post by Maker
I think you are right, we should do exactly the same thing as our enemies like killing their families and burning them alive and showing it on Facebook.

You just took my statement way out of proportion. Just because I said the word torture does not mean we have to go around rounding up ISIS families and burning them alive at the stake. It also doesn't mean we have to post 'propaganda' of us torturing an infidel. However, if an enemy soldier is captured and is knowingly fighting a war that does not follow of the rules of the Genova Convention/other treaties, he should expect to face torture. Unfortunately, if soldiers of our own were captured, they would be tortured likewise. Torture is horrible, but these things happen in war. War is not lovey dovey and information is vital in ensuring a victory.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by Khanthebrit
You just took my statement way out of proportion. Just because I said the word torture does not mean we have to go around rounding up ISIS families and burning them alive at the stake. It also doesn't mean we have to post 'propaganda' of us torturing an infidel. However, if an enemy soldier is captured and is knowingly fighting a war that does not follow of the rules of the Genova Convention/other treaties, he should expect to face torture. Unfortunately, if soldiers of our own were captured, they would be tortured likewise. Torture is horrible, but these things happen in war. War is not lovey dovey and information is vital in ensuring a victory.

Sounds like a slippery slope argument. If its OK to torture captured combatants, why not terrorists suspects who may be planning to kill lots of people and why not criminal suspects that may be murderers or drug dealers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending