The Student Room Group

Liberals seem to be incapable of comprehending what the "Muslim Ban" is about

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joe cooley
If Joe Cooley's followers lived their lives by a book dictated by Joe, full of inducements to slaughter those that did not follow Joe it would be nonsense to deny the followers of Joe who did slaughtered the unbeliever.

Would you accept a white supremacist denying Alexandre Bissonnette by saying, "oh, he's not a real white supremacist!"

Of course you wouldn't, just as people won't accept your "oh, they're not real Muslims"

Sorry i knows it's a convenient way to absolve Islam from any responsibility for Islamic terror, but there it is.

So the billion Muslims are the ones who aren't real Muslims, but IS are the right ones?
Original post by yudothis
So the billion Muslims are the ones who aren't real Muslims, but IS are the right ones?

Nope.

They're all Muslims.

Exactly how are you qualified to tell a person they're not a real Muslim?

Slightly presumptuous to say the least.
Nope.

They're all Muslims.

Exactly how are you qualified to tell a person they're not a real Muslim?

Slightly presumptuous to say the least.

You are the one defining it.

"If Joe Cooley's followers lived their lives by a book dictated by Joe, full of inducements to slaughter those that did not follow Joe it would be nonsense to deny the followers of Joe who did slaughtered the unbeliever."

You are saying a true Muslim would slaughter the non-believer. Hence people who don't, aren't Muslims.
You are the one defining it.

"If Joe Cooley's followers lived their lives by a book dictated by Joe, full of inducements to slaughter those that did not follow Joe it would be nonsense to deny the followers of Joe who did slaughtered the unbeliever."

You are saying a true Muslim would slaughter the non-believer. Hence people who don't, aren't Muslims.

Wrong, again.

Not all Muslims interpret their holy book in the exact same way, just as Christians don't all interpret their holy book in the exact same way as every other Christian.

Muslim A may disagree with Muslim B, it doesn't mean one of them is not a Muslim.
Wrong, again.

Not all Muslims interpret their holy book in the exact same way, just as Christians don't all interpret their holy book in the exact same way as every other Christian.

Muslim A may disagree with Muslim B, it doesn't mean one of them is not a Muslim.

So you admit that only a tiny minority of Muslims are dangerous. And yet you advocate a ban on all Muslims. Because you are scared of a tiny minority?
So you admit that only a tiny minority of Muslims are dangerous. And yet you advocate a ban on all Muslims. Because you are scared of a tiny minority?

100% correct.

The West has no need to import Muslims, none whatsoever.

So, until someone comes up with a foolproof way of telling which ones are dangerous, why take the chance?

You think the fifty people slaughtered on 7/7 where right not to fear Islamic terrorism when they left their homes on their last morning alive?

Just why do you believe Muslim immigration is so vital to the West, so vital that you are willing to sacrifice its people to Islamic terrorism as the price for this immigration?
100% correct.

The West has no need to import Muslims, none whatsoever.

So, until someone comes up with a foolproof way of telling which ones are dangerous, why take the chance?

You think the fifty people slaughtered on 7/7 where right not to fear Islamic terrorism when they left their homes on their last morning alive?

Just why do you believe Muslim immigration is so vital to the West, so vital that you are willing to sacrifice its people to Islamic terrorism as the price for this immigration?

You sound like a maniac, why take the chance of letting you run loose? Might as well imprison you before you snap.

Because Muslims don't commit more crime than we already do. You are just scared because whenever it does happen it is big. But I get it, you are scared of the unknown. And you are a nationalist, so you would rather get slaughtered by your kind than foreigners, because at least they were your kind. I understand, and it's ok, it's ok to be like you, don't worry about it, no shame in being scared.
You sound like a maniac, why take the chance of letting you run loose? Might as well imprison you before you snap.

Because Muslims don't commit more crime than we already do. You are just scared because whenever it does happen it is big. But I get it, you are scared of the unknown. And you are a nationalist, so you would rather get slaughtered by your kind than foreigners, because at least they were your kind. I understand, and it's ok, it's ok to be like you, don't worry about it, no shame in being scared.

Again, unable to cope with an argument you revert to name calling.

Come back when you grow up, until then don't bother me again.
Again, unable to cope with an argument you revert to name calling.

Come back when you grow up, until then don't bother me again.

I don't name call, I call it as it is. You are scared of such an unlikely event simply because it's foreign and can be significant. Do you fly airplanes? Because you more of a chance to die there than from terrorism. So, you sound like a maniac. That is not name calling that is an observation.

But as I said, that is ok, not everyone can be strong and it's ok if you are not, plenty of people who are strong for you.
I don't name call, I call it as it is. You are scared of such an unlikely event simply because it's foreign and can be significant. Do you fly airplanes? Because you more of a chance to die there than from terrorism. So, you sound like a maniac. That is not name calling that is an observation.

But as I said, that is ok, not everyone can be strong and it's ok if you are not, plenty of people who are strong for you.

Please refer to post 228.
Let's all listen to the governmental puppet everyone
Please refer to post 228.

It's ok Joe, we have all seen you run from an argument that you are losing. No need to make it worse with childishness.

I thought this was obvious.

The arguments in Seattle court was based on principles of unreasonable harm. Do you harm hundreds of thousands of people just because a very few went off the rails. The judge decided obviously not. Their contribution was way more significant to the community and economy than the harm they caused. Stay order granted.

Nationalistic xenophobes have finally got a loudspeaker in their hand and the spotlight overhead. The courts will ensure they are kept defanged.
The Immigration and Nationality Act

The Immigration and Nationality Act (“INA”), 8 U.S.C. § 1101 et seq., was originally enacted in 1952 and has been amended several times, including in 1996 by the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act (“IIRIRA”). The INA governs immigration, naturalization, refugee assistance and removal procedures and defines the circumstances that govern the admission of aliens into the United States.

The relevant provision of the INA provides that: Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the Case 1:17-cv-10154-NMG Document 69 Filed 02/03/17 Page 4 of 21 -5- entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate. 8 U.S.C. § 1182(f).
(edited 7 years ago)
This is not about being liberal or conservative, muslim or christian, this is not even about being considerate, the thing is that you cannot let a world affect millions of people just because he wanted to play a populist move. I do know that it was not a literal "muslim ban", did he have the intention to actually do some kind of muslim ban? I don't know and I don't care, it is a harming mesure from any perspective you see it. Are you safer from terrorists? No, none of the terrorists attacks in the US, nor the 9/11, nor the San Bernardino shooting, nor the Orlando shooting, were perpetrated by people coming from this 7 countries, but guess who is not on the list, Saudi Arabia, the country from which most of the terrorists of US history have come from. If you just wanted to keep people with poor documentation from entering the country, you don't have to ban the whole population of that country. People who feel as American as Donald Trump and people who just want to survive war and to have an opportunity to contribute to the progress of the country cannot get in anymore. I believe that this was pure demagogic populism, he just wanted to tell his people "look, I am taking action" and blind frustrated people who just want to see their problems disappear think that they are taking the first step, but it is a step backwards, because nobody is benefiting from this. If he wanted to make a plan to make the country safer and to affect as few people as possible, then why does he rush to make an inefficient plan in his first month of presidency? I know why, because he knows people just want him to do something, whatever it is, to end immigration problems, even if that means a populist mesure that will affect them too. Just to clarify, not because I am liberal and I am against the ban I also have to be left-wing or anti Semitic, it doesn't mean I buy everything liberals say, I say this as a person who is nor American nor Arab. I am worried that some people cannot see beyond the mesures and forget to see the consequences, because it is clear to me here that Trump just applied a populist mesure and sought to affect his enemy states all at once, it is not the best for the country but it is the best for him

Quick Reply