The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

BSc Digital Innovation & Entrepreneurship Applicants?

Hey!
I was wondering how many people have applied to Warwick's new BSc course, Digital Innovation & Entrepreneurship?
I've applied, but haven't heard back yet. Has anyone gotten any news from the university?
Reply 1
Anyone?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by Montval
Hey!
I was wondering how many people have applied to Warwick's new BSc course, Digital Innovation & Entrepreneurship?
I've applied, but haven't heard back yet. Has anyone gotten any news from the university?

Hi, I applied for this a while ago and got my offer shortly after. I accepted the offer of AAA as my first choice.

I am amazed to have found this TSR post, I have been to all of the open days, and I am yet to come across anyone also applying for this!

Hopefully it still goes ahead, it looks amazing!
Reply 3
Original post by harryleavey
Hi, I applied for this a while ago and got my offer shortly after. I accepted the offer of AAA as my first choice.

I am amazed to have found this TSR post, I have been to all of the open days, and I am yet to come across anyone also applying for this!

Hopefully it still goes ahead, it looks amazing!

Congrats on the offer!

You're the first person I've met that has applied for this course. It doesn't seem to be awfully popular course.
If not enough people applied, they would have already informed us... right?
Original post by Montval
Congrats on the offer!

You're the first person I've met that has applied for this course. It doesn't seem to be awfully popular course.
If not enough people applied, they would have already informed us... right?

Yeah, I guess so.

It replaces Information Systems and Management, which was obviously popular enough to go ahead. Also, I think there are probably a few international spaces on the course which we don't know about - WBS seems to have a large number of international students.

Did you go to any of the open days?
Hi. I've bagged a conditional offer for this course, just am not sure regarding the credibility and future prospects of studying it.
Original post by Alikhan1025
Hi. I've bagged a conditional offer for this course, just am not sure regarding the credibility and future prospects of studying it.

Hi!

Having been studying BSc Digital Innovation & Entrepreneurship for nearly a year, I can certainly vouch for its credibility, after speaking and receiving offers at leading employers in banking and consultancy, particularly within their digital divisions.

Your apprehension is definitely warranted. Although I would say that if the course interests you, then this is most important. Employment prospects from any Russell Group University are great. However your future opportunities are more dependent on your enthusiasm, soft skills, academic performance, extra-curricular and leadership activities rather than the course you study. This is a common misconception by pre-HE students, and is soon disproven once you join a University and begin networking with recruitment teams and employers.

Having said that, this course is innovative by content and nature. I have found it to interest and excite potential employers rather than anything else. Most employers wishing to remain competitive in this digital age are beginning R&D Hubs for innovation and emerging technologies.
But hey, a shiny new course has to start somewhere. I am lucky enough to have been part of the first cohort for this, and I hope you will too!

If you have any particular questions, please do reach out. I hope I can help. Feel free to contact WBS UG team asking to speak to a DIE student, and your message will reach me.

Quick Reply

Latest