The Student Room Group

Your thoughts on Sheffielders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RedManc
Yeah, you're right, Yorkshire is huge. I thought Middlesborough was in County Durham.

I consider Middlesborough to be North Yorkshire, but it is in fact its own unitary authority now - a bit like Manchester isn't properly part of Lanchasire.

Redcar however is officially Yorkshire, so that's why I used it as an example.

Astonishingly large county nonetheless!
Reply 81
Original post by Pessimisterious
I consider Middlesborough to be North Yorkshire, but it is in fact its own unitary authority now - a bit like Manchester isn't properly part of Lanchasire.

Redcar however is officially Yorkshire, so that's why I used it as an example.

Astonishingly large county nonetheless!

Yeah Yorkshire is massive. Where do you live in North Yorkshire?
Reply 82
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Nah, boring place. :h:

Alreyt :h:
Original post by RedManc
Alreyt :h:

:h:
Original post by RedManc
Yeah Yorkshire is massive. Where do you live in North Yorkshire?

Ripon - one of the smallest cities in the UK! Made the top 10 last time I checked.

Went to school in Harrogate so I know about the posh side of N.Yorkshire you talk of. I remember people in 6th form having new cars bought for them on their 17th birthdays. It wasn't a private school though so there were your rough types as well. Definitely not as bad as other places however.
Reply 85

:h::h::h::h::h::h:
Original post by RedManc
:h::h::h::h::h::h:

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
Reply 87
Ripon - one of the smallest cities in the UK! Made the top 10 last time I checked.

Went to school in Harrogate so I know about the posh side of N.Yorkshire you talk of. I remember people in 6th form having new cars bought for them on their 17th birthdays. It wasn't a private school though so there were your rough types as well. Definitely not as bad as other places however.

Selby is not that far from South Yorkshire. I just looked up. Is Ripon in the centre of Yorkshire
Reply 88
:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

:mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob:
Original post by RedManc
:mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob:

That's my emoji!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 90
That's my emoji!

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by RedManc
Selby is not that far from South Yorkshire. I just looked up. Is Ripon in the centre of Yorkshire

Selby is near York! That's another thing actually - north and south Yorkshire share a border, heh.

Yeah I guess you could say Ripon is right in the middle. I do an hour south into Leeds for uni through open countryside, and Redcar is about an hour north. Google maps tells me Sheffield is about an hour and a quarter on the motorway, so yeah I'm in the middle I guess. Not a bad little spot!
Original post by RedManc

:colonhash:
Reply 93
Selby is near York! That's another thing actually - north and south Yorkshire share a border, heh.

Yeah I guess you could say Ripon is right in the middle. I do an hour south into Leeds for uni through open countryside, and Redcar is about an hour north. Google maps tells me Sheffield is about an hour and a quarter on the motorway, so yeah I'm in the middle I guess. Not a bad little spot!

I agree. Not bad
Reply 94
:colonhash:

:colonhash::colonhash::colonhash:
Original post by RedManc
:colonhash::colonhash::colonhash:

:cyber:
Reply 96
:cyber:

Are you on thee phone
Why did your ski slope get burnt down then have its generator stolen?
Original post by RedManc
Are you on thee phone

My Mac. :u:
Reply 99
My Mac. :u:

was the Mac stolen from Chesterfield :u:

Quick Reply