The Student Room Group

Mum's going to kick me out onto the streets when I'm 18...

Not much more to say... Thats in less than 6 months. At the moment I dont know how to feel about it... tbh we've fallen out so much atm that I'm almost happy. except idk what I would do. she won't even let me take my dogs with me...

Scroll to see replies

Have you looked at Centrepoint OP? They're a charity which help homeless young people and give them a room and help them find a job and stuff.

I'm sorry you're going through all this with your mum but you might want to check CP out.
Reply 2
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Have you looked at Centrepoint OP? They're a charity which help homeless young people and give them a room and help them find a job and stuff.

I'm sorry you're going through all this with your mum but you might want to check CP out.

thanks, will have a look when it actually does get that bad....
Reply 3
Original post by Sweetpeasw
Not much more to say... Thats in less than 6 months. At the moment I dont know how to feel about it... tbh we've fallen out so much atm that I'm almost happy. except idk what I would do. she won't even let me take my dogs with me...

are you in school?
thanks, will have a look when it actually does get that bad....

Also there's this scheme which provides a scholarship for estranged students. Are you off to uni in Sept?
Reply 5
Original post by Dafock
are you in school?

yes, and it's a private school, which I am currently funding. however I can only fund another 3 terms - until christmas, so I will probably have to drop out just before I can finish A levels...
Reply 6
Also there's this scheme which provides a scholarship for estranged students. Are you off to uni in Sept?

That would be next year... hopefully a degree course, but not in an actual uni...
That would be next year... hopefully a degree course, but not in an actual uni...

You have to tell your school.
Reply 8
You have to tell your school.

I'm already seeing the school counsellor - have told her quite a lot about my life already, which has been s**t since the day I was born, but certain things i 'havent got round' to telling her... I'll be seeing her on thursday though...
I'm already seeing the school counsellor - have told her quite a lot about my life already, which has been s**t since the day I was born, but certain things i 'havent got round' to telling her... I'll be seeing her on thursday though...

You have to tell her then. The school can help you out.

My father said that to me when i was about to turn; 18,19,20 and 21. Don't believe it, until it actually happens :smile:
You have to tell her then. The school can help you out.

ok... but I don't see how they can help me when they are forced to kick me out because I can't pay the fees anymore.....
Original post by Polka_Specs
My father said that to me when i was about to turn; 18,19,20 and 21. Don't believe it, until it actually happens :smile:

I doubt they will tbh :console:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry to hear of you going through all that. Must be a very worrying situation, not knowing where you're going to end up.
Are there any other family that you live with besides your mum? How long has this been going on for?
ok... but I don't see how they can help me when they are forced to kick me out because I can't pay the fees anymore.....

They might consider giving you a bursary or keeping you on an extra term. Check out their bursary system, there's a chance they could help. Considering it's only an extra term they could assist you, but it depends on your circumstances. I'd think that if you've been at the school for such a long term, and only have one term left (which even then is short when you have study leave) they'd consider keeping you.
Original post by cosmic angel
Sorry to hear of you going through all that. Must be a very worrying situation, not knowing where you're going to end up.
Are there any other family that you live with besides your mum? How long has this been going on for?

nope. All grandparents dead. One aunt, have nothing to do with her. almost no friends...

quite a while tbh but its dramatically worsened

I just want to say that I believe in you and I hope you can get through this, one step at a time :smile: Try talking to friends, your school etc. and see what can be done. When we're in a bad situation, we stay in it because it's predictable, and anything outside of that is terrifying to us. But there is another way, which is reaching out for help. There is so much good in the world and people do want to help :smile: Keep strong <3
Original post by caseynh
I just want to say that I believe in you and I hope you can get through this, one step at a time :smile: Try talking to friends, your school etc. and see what can be done. When we're in a bad situation, we stay in it because it's predictable, and anything outside of that is terrifying to us. But there is another way, which is reaching out for help. There is so much good in the world and people do want to help :smile: Keep strong <3

thanks so much for this positivity xx
nope. All grandparents dead. One aunt, have nothing to do with her. almost no friends...

quite a while tbh but its dramatically worsened

Ah sorry to hear it. Are your parents separated? And is there a reason why you've not got many friends, have you moved a lot for example?
How've you managed to pay for school so far?

Quick Reply

Latest