The Student Room Group

Which of my unis to pick as my firm and insurance

I am having a hard time thinking what unis to choose... I have had offers from York, Surrey, Hull and Northumbria to study Business Management. I don't know which to go for.

I'd love to go for York, I've been on the offer holder day and loved it. Everything was great so I'm considering making it my firm... Northumbria is in Newcastle, a city I have always loved and wanted to live in. Northumbria's a city university too, the location on the open day was fantastic, sport facilities and could even see into St.. James's Park from there.

Should I choose Northumbria just because of the football? Stupid question maybe, but like, I'd need interests outside the classroom and as I don't drink, don't hang out with "friends" and don't party. Football, and sports are my thing. Northumbria would have plenty on offer to me outside of the classroom compared to the others... I don't know which to pick, any advice would be appreciated.
Original post by Owain5
I am having a hard time thinking what unis to choose... I have had offers from York, Surrey, Hull and Northumbria to study Business Management. I don't know which to go for.

I'd love to go for York, I've been on the offer holder day and loved it. Everything was great so I'm considering making it my firm... Northumbria is in Newcastle, a city I have always loved and wanted to live in. Northumbria's a city university too, the location on the open day was fantastic, sport facilities and could even see into St.. James's Park from there.

Should I choose Northumbria just because of the football? Stupid question maybe, but like, I'd need interests outside the classroom and as I don't drink, don't hang out with "friends" and don't party. Football, and sports are my thing. Northumbria would have plenty on offer to me outside of the classroom compared to the others... I don't know which to pick, any advice would be appreciated.

No, you should not pick Northumbria just because of the football. :s-smilie: The course is the most important thing. Degrees often vary a lot between universities (even if they have the same name) - you should look in detail at the module options for the degrees you've applied to and firm whichever one looks most interesting.
Original post by Owain5

Although the course you choose is of course the priority, you do need to also consider what there is to do outside of study at each university. For example, I chose to study at the university of Derby, mainly because of the variety of marketing courses they had, but also the city really suited me with having good shops and things to do, without being too overwhelming. So if football is important to you, then this has to also factor into your decision as you are going to be living there for 3 or 4 years.

Hope this helps,

Molly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending