The Student Room Group

Girls... Would you date a fat guy?

Scroll to see replies

As long as he has a pretty face and a nice personality, why not.
Reply 21
Original post by blameitontiffany
As long as he has a pretty face and a nice personality, why not.
But being fat affects the shape of your face and makes it look like you don't have a jaw or chin. Also.. man tits.
I love gaben
No! I don't see anything wrong with expecting the same standards as the ones I follow. I'm relatively attractive so naturally I'll look for someone who is also relatively attractive. I dress well, he should dress well too. I'm educated with a good job, he should be educated with a good job too. I'm slim with a nice figure so... why would I date a fatass?
Reply 24
Original post by Anonymous
No! I don't see anything wrong with expecting the same standards as the ones I follow. I'm relatively attractive so naturally I'll look for someone who is also relatively attractive. I dress well, he should dress well too. I'm educated with a good job, he should be educated with a good job too. I'm slim with a nice figure so... why would I date a fatass?

Coz... personality.
You assume that all fat guys are inherently good people and that slim people can't be good people.

What is a good personality anyway? What people find attractive in personalities is very wide ranging. Just being "nice" isn't what governs attraction and doesn't constitute a whole personality. Who wants some over docile man servant as their boyfriend? Not me for start.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tapir
But being fat affects the shape of your face and makes it look like you don't have a jaw or chin. Also.. man tits.

Huh... I guess I don't mind? I've crushed on various chubby guys before so, I don't think the jaw or chin thing matters. Man tits well.. I've never seen a naked chubby guy before so.. Haha! By pretty face I mean their eyes and smile.
Reply 27
Original post by Eveiebaby
You assume that all fat guys are inherently good people and that slim people can't be good people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't think anyone did. :s-smilie:
Original post by Cherub012
Coz... personality.

yeah 'personality' because thats enough to make a relationship last(!)

Theres millions of fat women out there with personality too... funny how they're still single.
Reply 29
yeah 'personality' because thats enough to make a relationship last(!)

Theres millions of fat women out there with personality too... funny how they're still single.

Are you a guy or girl?

It was sarcasm since it was the majority of the replies here.
Original post by tapir
Also.. man tits.

:rofl:

Reported for posting boobs.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 32
Dating - like everything in life - is a highly competitive field that you've got to work extremely hard at to achieve

Everyone is inclined to want the best in life. Or if you are going to settle then you will settle for 2nd best.

Employers look for the smartest, most dedicated, most skillful, hard-working people. Someone with the whole package who you are proud to have on your team. Likewise people want to date the best looking with the best personality, character and life

Nice guy? Yeah so what, many muscly good looking guys are also nice
Hes rich? Yeah so what, so are many trim guys too
Hes funny? Yeah so what... you get the jist

Stuff like baldness, disability, colour, height and ugliness is out of a persons control but stuff like weight and wealth is completely in your control.
You think guys WANT to work extremely hard to make riches to impress a girl? No, but we do it because we know realistically this makes you more appealing to women. The equivalent for women is plastering themselves in make up and walking around in high heels I guess
Likewise with weight - sure its easier to stay fat but you'll get rejected. So swallow your pride and rather than working on making your personality more appealing work on losing weight instead and making your body more appealing.
Reply 33

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Original post by Allie4
Realistically no

Even if hes a lovely guy, the woman who settles for him will never be as attracted to him as she could be. He should still make an effort with his appearance. His body indicates a lack of effort and self-care

Its fat for crying out loud, it can be lost. If I can make the effort to keep myself in shape then so can he

agreed
Original post by Spock's Socks
I'm getting married to someone who is medically classed as overweight. When you fall in love, you don't notice their weight as much as you think you would other than what health implications their weight might have on them. My partner is losing weight for the wedding and the future (2 stone so far) but even when he was really big, I saw past that. It was only his health I ever had worries over when it came to his weight, not how he looked.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lovely :smile:
nah I wouldn't date a fat guy. coz if I'm in good shape and I look decent then I expect the same from him. plus I would hate see man tits. ewww they gross me out.
nah I wouldn't date a fat guy. coz if I'm in good shape and I look decent then I expect the same from him. plus I would hate see man tits. ewww they gross me out.

:rofl::rofl: i'm dead
Well I would date anyone I can have sex with. If the guy is so overly fat and squashes me do death while we're having sex, why on Earth would I date him? That's getting a death warranty!
No I wouldn't to be honest

Edit: my boyfriend is classed as overweight but I don't really notice it, I think he's perfect. I was thinking of someone who is very obese simply because I wouldn't find it attractive and because I spend a lot of time exercising and he couldn't partner me in squash or anything

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending