The Student Room Group

Why do women wear a bra?

Scroll to see replies

doesn't it support the boobs and keep them upright? wear them
Original post by EC
myth: "...wearing a bra... has no medical necessity whatsoever", says Susan M. Love, M.D in her "Dr. Susan Love's Breast Book"

"while bras do give breasts support, they do not ultimately prevent your breasts from sagging. Gravity will eventually take its effect."

''Society has taught us that there is something a bit disgusting or wrong about breasts that aren't bound. When this kind of thinking has been pumped into you since day 1, it's obviously very difficult to overcome."

Breasts must be bound to be beautiful or normal? Boobs aren't indecent or obscene and everybody has nipples..

Its always sad to see people parroting feminist nonsense.

Firstly, bra's do keep female breasts from sagging....:

Female breasts are supported by strands of connective tissue called suspensory ligaments or (cooper's ligaments)...these run between the skin and the fascia of the breast helping to support it and keep it up. They become looser with age or excessive suspensory strain that can occur as a result of jogging. As they become looser the breasts begin to sag. This is the biology behind breast sagging. It is worse for women with larger breasts........bra's reduce the strain on these ligaments thus helping them from becoming loose and therefore keeping the breasts from sagging...

Secondly, society has not taught us that there is something disgusting with breasts. Quiet the contrary, society views the female breast as a thing of beauty, hence why it is so popular in art....However, these are private parts. They are called private parts for a reason. They are sex organs. They play a part in sexual arousal and sexual intercourse for both females and males, hence why women cover them up and only expose them when they have a constructive purpose to serve....breastfeeding or sexual intercourse...why you would want to expose your sex organs for any other reason is beyond me.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by EC
Aw, I'm really sorry :frown:

Heh I'm used to it now. Running or walking up and down stairs isn't still awful with or without
Going without a bra is really painful during sports etc.
Reply 64
Original post by CookieButter
Its always sad to see people parroting feminist nonsense based on ignorance...

Firstly bra's do keep female breasts from sagging....:

Female breasts are supported by strands of connective tissue called suspensory ligaments or (cooper's ligaments)...these run between the skin and the fascia of the breast helping to support it and keep it up. They become looser with age or excessive suspensory strain that can occur as a result of jogging or larger breasts that results in sagging......bra's help these ligaments in supporting the breasts thus helping keep the breasts from sagging...

Secondly, society has not taught us that there is something disgusting with breasts. Quiet the contrary, society views the female breast as a thing of beauty and attraction hence its prominence in art....However, these are private parts. They are called private parts for a reason. They are sex organs. They play a part in sexual arousal and sexual intercourse for both females and males, hence why people cover them up and only expose them when they have a constructive purpose to serve.

There's no data or proof that shows bras prevent boobs from sagging. And there are studies that prove quite the opposite.

And stop associating everything with feminism. It doesn't have anything to do with my thread.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/259073.php
Original post by BlueArmy
Its not gangs who do it here in the midlands mainly ethnic minorities

Really, its usually the white guys that are into roofies. Majority of child molestations are Caucasians men interfering with their daughters and nieces.
Original post by EC
There's no data or proof that shows bras prevent boobs from sagging. And there are studies that prove quite the opposite.

And stop associating everything with feminism. It doesn't have anything to do with my thread.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/259073.php

1. Don't tell me what to do and i will treat you in kind.
2. What I wrote about breast sagging is common sense in medicine. I'm a medical student and this is what we are taught. We treat excessive sagging in breasts by advising extra support for women or performing surgery which winds up providing extra support...
3. Here's an article with solid proof for the existence of bigfoot:

https://www.sciencenews.org/blog/gory-details/finally-some-solid-science-bigfoot
(edited 7 years ago)
I mainly wear a bra as it makes me feel more feminine and grown up also my nipples end up like diamonds if it gets cold which is very embarrassing.
Reply 68
I don't unless I'm doing exercise, and I don't have small boobs by any means. I just don't care lmao
Reply 69
Original post by EC
Breasts slap painfully against the skin underneath when you move quickly. And the weight of the breast pulls on the ligaments. If the woman's cup is A or B there's not too much of an issue, but if you're a D..

I've never experienced pain.

Men have it easier.
Surprised nobody has said the obvious.
Men are attracted to breasts. Their primary function is to provide offspring with milk and act as, what Freud would describe, as the post-psychosexual development effect. Having them out in the open qualifies as indecent and impure.
Original post by Carthaginian
Wait, so if you don't wear a bra, it somehow hurts? Where does the pain come from?

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Spoiler

How is not wearing a bra = having them out in the open? Not wearing a bra under a jumper, say, definitely doesn't equate to that. And you can wear bras and still have your tits out, that's even the primary objective of some bras lmfao
@Carthaginian, I apologise for my previous post sounding rather mean. I didn't intend to sound rude or hurtful, it's just that your post made me laugh!

I hope you have a great week ahead!

Banana :h::h:
Reply 74
Original post by pcWizz
Really, its usually the white guys that are into roofies. Majority of child molestations are Caucasians men interfering with their daughters and nieces.

Look at who WMP want on Facebook after nearly every rape
Original post by Josb
Yeah I never understood why women with small breasts wear a bra.

Nipples still show through clothing, even if your breasts are small
Original post by CookieButter
1. Don't tell me what to do and i will treat you in kind.

So women can walk around topless then.

Original post by Joel 96
Surprised nobody has said the obvious.
Men are attracted to breasts. Their primary function is to provide offspring with milk and act as, what Freud would describe, as the post-psychosexual development effect. Having them out in the open qualifies as indecent and impure.

I'm also attracted to legs, hands, a woman's face... Why not make them all wear burkas whilst you are at it. I can still tell a woman has boobs due to the shape of her body and it is appealing to me. That doesn't mean they should be forced to hide every single aspect of their body from a man's gaze. Men can **** off and the woman can wear what she likes whether that be more revealing clothing or clothing that covers up her body. It is none of mens' business.

It is of no surprise that all the anti-feminists start sounding like muslim conservative preaches.

Original post by Another
Nipples still show through clothing, even if your breasts are small

This is the problem though. So what? Why does that matter? I'm sure my nipples sometimes show through my clothing when I am just wearing a t-shirt.
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm probably not the norm here but I dislike not wearing a bra, the only time I wont wear one is when in the shower, sleeping or sex!

I enjoy releasing them from their boob prison but after a while I start to feel uncomfortable and sometimes it irritates my nipples when I do not wear one! :redface:
"Eee by gum, let your belly touch your bum, let your tits hang down to the ground". Something we used to say at Primary school . Although I don't quite see how your belly can actually touch your bum, seeing how one is at the front and one the back. Oh well.
Original post by Josb
Yeah I never understood why women with small breasts wear a bra.

Strange.
Wait why am I here?
I don't wear a bra!
*he smashes head against desk repeatedly, while calling himnself an idiot again and again*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending