The Student Room Group

Why do women wear a bra?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EC
myth: "...wearing a bra... has no medical necessity whatsoever", says Susan M. Love, M.D in her "Dr. Susan Love's Breast Book"

"while bras do give breasts support, they do not ultimately prevent your breasts from sagging. Gravity will eventually take its effect."

''Society has taught us that there is something a bit disgusting or wrong about breasts that aren't bound. When this kind of thinking has been pumped into you since day 1, it's obviously very difficult to overcome."

Breasts must be bound to be beautiful or normal? Boobs aren't indecent or obscene and everybody has nipples..

Short answer: so I dont have to look so far down to see them x
Original post by BlueArmy
If this makes it widespread and everyone stops wearing a bra, sexual assaults and rapes will go through the roof

Pleaseee tell me you're joking. The wearing of bras is not related in any way to rape.

Original post by Carthaginian
Wait, so if you don't wear a bra, it somehow hurts? Where does the pain come from?

If you have big boobs then their weight moves them around a lot which causes pain. If you're doing sports even small boobs move around in an uncomfortable way.

OP I wear a bra cos it looks nicer, is more comfortable when I'm moving around and stops your boobs falling out of your top etc
Original post by ChaoticButterfly

I'm also attracted to legs, hands, a woman's face... Why not make them all wear burkas whilst you are at it. I can still tell a woman has boobs due to the shape of her body and it is appealing to me. That doesn't mean they should be forced to hide every single aspect of their body from a man's gaze. Men can **** off and the woman can wear what she likes whether that be more revealing clothing or clothing that covers up her body. It is none of mens' business.

Bra-wearing and covering up has been a part of culture ever since the 15th century. In this day and age, the only reason people rally against covering-up is because they supposedly detest objectification, when in fact "freeing the nipple" would do exactly that - objectify. These are the same people who go to women's marches and say they're "beautiful" and "sexy" while rallying against exactly that. Third-wave feminism is full of contradictions.
The person who asked this question is evidently not female.
Reply 84
Original post by EC
myth: "...wearing a bra... has no medical necessity whatsoever", says Susan M. Love, M.D in her "Dr. Susan Love's Breast Book"

"while bras do give breasts support, they do not ultimately prevent your breasts from sagging. Gravity will eventually take its effect."

''Society has taught us that there is something a bit disgusting or wrong about breasts that aren't bound. When this kind of thinking has been pumped into you since day 1, it's obviously very difficult to overcome."

Breasts must be bound to be beautiful or normal? Boobs aren't indecent or obscene and everybody has nipples..

If I didn't wear a bra I'd have to walk around with my hand glued to my chest all day haha... I wear a bra for comfort... I don't understand that "when you get home and take off your bra" feeling
Original post by Josb
Yeah I never understood why women with small breasts wear a bra.

Warmth.
Because boob sweat is gross and uncomfortable.
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Support.

Walking and running, without one, is painful af.

Sagging is inevitable, with or without one.

That's what I thought as I read the op

If not then burn dem bras!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514
That's what I thought as I read the op

If not then burn dem bras!

Posted from TSR Mobile

:mob:
Reply 89
Original post by Jake De La Soul
Women who don't wear bra's are disgusting and they should be forced into wearing them, says I, Jake De La Soul, 22 Honey Way, Royston, Hertfordshire

You forgot your post code.
If a woman as unbelievably massive breasts and sprints back and forth, is it possible for the pressure to build so much that one of her breasts tears open?
If you have tiny boobs it really doesn't matter

If you're a bit more rotund it REALLY hurts if you do any kind of activity without wearing a bra (read: don't try and jump into your jeans without a bra XD)
Hey, if you girls wanna "reject society's rules" and walk around bra-less, that's just fine by me! Also feel free to wear a thin white t-shirt and go running in the rain. :perv:

Edit: 18+ only
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 93
To stop dem hard drives from turning into floppy discs
I saw an old black woman wearing no bra under her tshirt last week. It was not sexy. :no:
I used to not wear it but now I'm into it and I can't imagine it without one 😆🙈 it looks nice with my clothes and it's feels supportive and comfortable 😝
Just out of curiosity. Since size has been brought up. Do those with a larger cup (No care about age etc. just this one factor) do you feel more confident and does this make you nicer to people? Do smaller cup sizes make you want to be more resentful or angry of anyone who happens to have more even though they can get back problems etc.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Sabertooth
I saw an old black woman wearing no bra under her tshirt last week. It was not sexy. :no:

Dead :toofunny:

OP imagine me not going out with bras and it gets cold and my nip go hard wtf :wtf:
Original post by Sabertooth

Who said she was tryna be sexy ?
Original post by cherryred90s
Who said she was tryna be sexy ?

I have only read a few pages of this thread, but a lot of guys seem to be making out that it is sexy. Just affirming that, in this particular case, it was most definitely not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending