The Student Room Group

Which is the best decision for my MSc?

I have been accepted to MSc Biobased Materials - Maastricht, MSc Polymers for Advanced Technologies - Sheffileld, MSc Polymer Materials Science and Engineering - Manchester and MRes Biomaterials - Birmingham. So, I want an opnion about these four programmes.
You have to go through each with a fine toothed comb and work out which one interests you more. Also consider things like work or research experience, finance and anything else you think is important to you.
Reply 2
I know that the programme in Maastricht take place in industrial site which is very important for me for my future prospects, but on the other hand the other three unis are better in rankings. So, if someone knows something about polymer sciences of these unis will be help me a lot.By and large, all these masters have the same courses.
Reply 3
Original post by Nikos D
By and large, all these masters have the same courses.

Not at all.

An MSc is a taught degree with a significant element of independent research - usually around one-third of your final grade.

An MRes is a Masters by Research. Whilst you will have some minor taught elements, the bulk of your final grade will come from your own research project(s).

If you've looked at the detail of those courses and concluded that they are the same, then you have misunderstood them and you need to look again.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending