The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jneill
Patriots or Falcons?

Spoiler

I liked you until tonight :angry: Falcons!
Reply 1241
Original post by HolyRomanEmpire
#deflategate

#comebackgate

Original post by SteamboatMickey
I liked you until tonight :angry: Falcons!

Soz not soz.

Did you watch it? I must confess giving up and going to bed...

They are basically the Cambridge team. Patriots are near Boston. Boston includes "Cambridge" (Harvard, MIT) hence Patriots FTW. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jneill
#comebackgate

Soz not soz.

Did you watch it? I must confess giving up and going to bed...

They are basically the Cambridge team. Patriots are near Boston. Boston includes "Cambridge" (Harvard, MIT) hence Patriots FTW. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

But Trump wanted them to win so i was doing a protest support for the Falcons

Plus Tom Brady 😷
Reply 1243
But Trump wanted them to win so i was doing a protest support for the Falcons

Plus Tom Brady 😷

Yeah that is the unfortunate bit...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll support the patriots when Brady retires or something. I like NFL (quite a lot) but I just can't get behind Brady. He's an amazing quarterback sure, but yeah I'd feel like a political hypocrit if I got behind him :tongue:

EDIT: yeah I watched it until 4am

And missed college because I was so tired :tongue: kinda dull game until the fourth quarter!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jneill

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll support the patriots when Brady retires or something. I like NFL (quite a lot) but I just can't get behind Brady. He's an amazing quarterback sure, but yeah I'd feel like a political hypocrit if I got behind him :tongue:

EDIT: yeah I watched it until 4am

And missed college because I was so tired :tongue: kinda dull game until the fourth quarter!

Proud Seahawks fan here :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Never quite understood the hype around the superbowl... Can someone fill me in?? :redface:
Original post by Steliata
Never quite understood the hype around the superbowl... Can someone fill me in?? :redface:

The final for the American Football Season (NFL), one of the biggest sporting events in the year. It is one of the biggest sporting events mostly because American corporations spend a crap ton of money on advertisements and stuff on the event to make it big so people who are watching will buy their products. The NFL also spends like a crap ton of money asking stars to come sing at halftime shows and stuff like that but the NFL earns a crap ton of money in ad revenue for this event. Basically, the Super Bowl has kind of become more of a social event in the United States than a true sporting event... like I have many American friends who watch the Super Bowl just for the cool ads (one about Trump's wall this year!) which corporations spend a crap ton of money on. Then there's the football which honestly isn't that excited most of the time... there is more waiting than action but fans drink a lot and eat a lot and scream a lot and generally have a good time.

In short: A social sports event with a crap ton of money invested in it :rofl: nothing special really but it's cool because Americans like it and a lot of them gather round every year as a family, with friends, at the stadium, or at a party, just to watch the game... yeah... I am rambling but whatevs

People get hyped cuz it's another excuse for a party :biggrin:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by wolfmoon88
The final for the American Football Season (NFL), one of the biggest sporting events in the year. It is one of the biggest sporting events mostly because American corporations spend a crap ton of money on advertisements and stuff on the event to make it big so people who are watching will buy their products. The NFL also spends like a crap ton of money asking stars to come sing at halftime shows and stuff like that but the NFL earns a crap ton of money in ad revenue for this event. Basically, the Super Bowl has kind of become more of a social event in the United States than a true sporting event... like I have many American friends who watch the Super Bowl just for the cool ads (one about Trump's wall this year!) which corporations spend a crap ton of money on. Then there's the football which honestly isn't that excited most of the time... there is more waiting than action but fans drink a lot and eat a lot and scream a lot and generally have a good time.

In short: A social sports event with a crap ton of money invested in it :rofl: nothing special really but it's cool because Americans like it and a lot of them gather round every year as a family, with friends, at the stadium, or at a party, just to watch the game... yeah... I am rambling but whatevs

People get hyped cuz it's another excuse for a party :biggrin:

Spoiler

Haha fair enough, thanks for the explanation 😂
Haha fair enough, thanks for the explanation 😂

No problem :rofl: :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1250

The final for the American Football Season (NFL), one of the biggest sporting events in the year.

It's exactly like the Boat Race but without water. Or boats. And with a little added hoop-la.

:smile:
Original post by jneill
And with a little added hoop-la.

A little? Understatement of the century! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
It's exactly like the Boat Race but without water. Or boats. And with a little added hoop-la.

Omg the boat race is fab. Doesn't even need the added hoop-la 😉

(but I am a rower so I'm probably biased)
Proud Seahawks fan here :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Love NFL, can't pick a team to root for. :tongue:
Love NFL, can't pick a team to root for. :tongue:

Hahaha you have a favourite player then :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill

And some razzmatazz

and blood
I'm making flash cards and the process has made me realise I'm wasted pursuing History and should be going to art school IMG_7279.jpg

Have you ever seen drawing of that skill :lol:
I'm making flash cards and the process has made me realise I'm wasted pursuing History and should be going to art school IMG_7279.jpg

Have you ever seen drawing of that skill :lol:

That key looks more like a hair comb

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Obiejess
That key looks more like a hair comb

Posted from TSR Mobile

I made an effort :colondollar:

It really does doesn't it :lol:
Reply 1259
Plus Tom Brady 😷

Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 18.23.20.jpg