The Student Room Group

York Uni - ugliest uni?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wolfmoon88
Or I guess I train down to Aberdeen or Inverness and chilling around there? Meh if I get there I'll see

Hi :smile: seems to be more EU/RUK/Scot applicants than Internationals to St A's

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup. I suppose so.

I know! It seems to be quite......posh?
Original post by fandom-queen
Yup. I suppose so.

I know! It seems to be quite......posh?

:yep: more private schoolers than Oxford I think loool

Posted from TSR Mobile
:yep: more private schoolers than Oxford I think loool

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh boy.

I'm quite the commoner. I didn't go to private school. I went to a pretty normal school where all the students used slang and ate biscuits in class.
Reply 123
Ohh boy.

I'm quite the commoner. I didn't go to private school. I went to a pretty normal school where all the students used slang and ate biscuits in class.

People bring full englishes into our morning classes
Original post by Nesgul
I'd say Surrey is a pretty ugly university as well

Why would you say that?
Original post by JooW
People bring full englishes into our morning classes

So, I'd basically be an uncultured, ineloquent muggle going to Hogwarts then?

Oh joy.
Original post by Voi
Google York uni images. Go on street view. All you see is brutalist concrete monstrosities. Granted, the spaceship looks cool (maths department I think). But the rest of the uni doesn't. It's all concrete boxes - a bit like my old secondary school. There are no traditional buildings at all. Now you'd think York uni would be all traditional like its town centre. A real let down that it's not. I would've considered going there too. Nottingham / Birmingham on a different league altogether in terms of looks. Mind you, York may be slightly better academically. It's a shame their buildings don't reflect their reputation.

aye its a claustrophobic concrete rabbit warren miles outside of town if you ask me, I'm far too thick to ever be considered regardless mind :P
(edited 7 years ago)
Ohh boy.

I go to private school and we all use slang and eat in class :tongue: those things ain't mutually exclusive you know :rofl:
Reply 128
I go to private school and we all use slang and eat in class :tongue: those things ain't mutually exclusive you know :rofl:

Omg you do???????????
Original post by EC
Omg you do???????????

Private school? Or using slang and eating in class? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 130
Private school? Or using slang and eating in class? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Both.. :rofl:

What a great shock!
Original post by EC
Both.. :rofl:

What a great shock!

:rofl: not everyone in private school is pretentious af you know :wink: :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 132
So, I'd basically be an uncultured, ineloquent muggle going to Hogwarts then?

Oh joy.

This is what I have to put up with going to basically any university considering I am from the West Midlands

Oh dear. I suppose so. I just get very easily intimidated by you people.

Also, by private school I mean the ones in england, with the traditions and old gothic buildings with 5 prime ministers as alumni. If you mean just privately-owned (not government) then yes, I go to a private school too.

A crap one. But private all the same.
Oh dear. I suppose so. I just get very easily intimidated by you people.

Also, by private school I mean the ones in england, with the traditions and old gothic buildings with 5 prime ministers as alumni. If you mean just privately-owned (not government) then yes, I go to a private school too.

A crap one. But private all the same.

Hahaha tbh not traditional and gothic and stuff but a private school nonetheless!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JooW
This is what I have to put up with going to basically any university considering I am from the West Midlands

Are the west midlands notorious for their peasant-like habits then? You know, to the so-called elite.

Spoiler

Hahaha tbh not traditional and gothic and stuff but a private school nonetheless!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, what are you doing for finances? Any scholarships, or self-sponsored?
Hey, what are you doing for finances? Any scholarships, or self-sponsored?

"self-sponsored" trying to find scholarship opportunities. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
"self-sponsored" trying to find scholarship opportunities. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same. Same. If I don't find any good ones, I'm done for. My parents aren't that rich. I definitely can't afford the cost for travel, accommodation, living AND tuition fees.
Same. Same. If I don't find any good ones, I'm done for. My parents aren't that rich. I definitely can't afford the cost for travel, accommodation, living AND tuition fees.

Same here :/ looking at government stuff but they all seem competitive af

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest