The Student Room Group

I'm off to Darlington. AMA.

I'm ****ing fed up with Student Finance England - fed up!!

I've now sent them EIGHT versions of my 2016/2017 declaration form by FIRST CLASS POST and I haven't received anything.

I'm now down to my last £200 (saved up money) for the rest for the year.

I've got bills to pay (water, heating, and tenancy), as well as food.

I've called them up a dozen times, and I always get the same robotic answer "You just need to send it again, we haven't received it".

****ing *******s.

Student Finance are an absolute JOKE.

I know I've posted this before, but I really need to rant.
Send it recorded delivery rather than first class. That way you can prove they have got it and it isn't lost in the post. They have been known to lose people's original birth certificates/passports and then insist it got lost in the post. Keep persisting and eventually they won't screw up.
Reply 2
Original post by Manitude
Send it recorded delivery rather than first class. That way you can prove they have got it and it isn't lost in the post. They have been known to lose people's original birth certificates/passports and then insist it got lost in the post. Keep persisting and eventually they won't screw up.

That's a good idea, actually.

I'll do that tomorrow when I'm at University....

****ing pieces of ****, honestly, I'm so done with them. I'm even afraid of calling them because I will lose the plot.
That's the service you pay for.
Reply 4
Original post by Willy Pete
That's the service you pay for.

:lol:

I'm so mad
Original post by Dodgypirate
:lol:

I'm so mad

I had the same problem a few years back, fortunately for me I just kept sending them daily using the office franking machine. They got it after about the 5th one.
Reply 6
I had the same problem a few years back, fortunately for me I just kept sending them daily using the office franking machine. They got it after about the 5th one.

That's still five times man!!

They're so inconsiderate. Most the staff who received my call have been quite rude and patronising.
That's still five times man!!

They're so inconsiderate. Most the staff who received my call have been quite rude and patronising.

And Scottish. Those ****er don't even pay their fees. 5 times but I wasn't at uni yet.
Reply 8
And Scottish. Those ****er don't even pay their fees. 5 times but I wasn't at uni yet.

Yeah, being at Uni, struggling with money, and dealing with those tartan ass clowns is bringing me down.
Yeah, being at Uni, struggling with money, and dealing with those tartan ass clowns is bringing me down.

I feel you. The worst thing is there is nothing you can do to combat their constant ****wittery.

Quick Reply

Latest