The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

WAKE UP SHEOPLE. the earth is not flat that is just a lie put out by our so called 'government' to distract us from the terrifying real truth. this so called conspiracy theory was made up in the 1980's during a pact between our reptillan overlords and RONLAD REGAN.

THE EARTH IS IN FACT CONVEX. this was a common belief in the middle ages but was proven through many experiments by scientists in the early 1900's only to be hidden by our so called 'scientific community'.

we all know that the earth is convex from evidence in Simaneks Tamarack Mines and the laser between two posts experiement as well as many other expirements.
this is a secret out so called governement has been hiding from us for decades.

THINK ABOUT IT.
this explains why the moon is infact a hologram
Our So called governement is trying to protect us from truth. but we know about the reptilian grey hybrids that run wild on the surface of our hollow earth
Why would our governments lie over it, how does it benefit them?
Original post by ArtemisLogic
I don't see it as an object floating in space if that idea is still in your mind, I see it more like a "plane of existence", as opposed to anything planet-like, and I think the span of it is infinite.

Then what about what is beyond?
WAKE UP SHEOPLE. the earth is not flat that is just a lie put out by our so called 'government' to distract us from the terrifying real truth. this so called conspiracy theory was made up in the 1980's during a pact between our reptillan overlords and RONLAD REGAN.
THE EARTH IS IN FACT CONVEX. this was a common belief in the middle ages but was proven through many experiments by scientists in the early 1900's only to be hidden by our so called 'scientific community'. we all know that the earth is convex from evidence in Simaneks Tamarack Mines and the laser between two posts experiement as well as many other expirements.
THINK ABOUT IT. this explains why the moon is infact a hologram
Our So called governement is trying to protect us from truth. but we know about the reptilian grey hybrids that run wild on the surface of our hollow earth
Oh my god please no
Original post by The_Herbivore
You're crazy. You can look at the horizon with your own eyes and see the the curvature of Earth!

Step on a spheroid and tell me what happens to your balance and ankle ligaments. If the earth was a sphere we would be round because the most economically method of moving ourselves energy wise would be to roll
nope
OP is a troll.

If the earth was flat, it would be very difficult to live near the edges because of gravity
If I point a telescope at the international space station at 400,000 meters away I can see it, why can't I point it at an object over 4,700 meters away at ground level and see it from a height of 1.7m?

I can see an aircraft in the sky at a greater distance than the horizon, why?

Why is the horizon further away when I'm higher if the ground is flat?

As a rational person I know it's because of a curved Earth, but if the Earth were flat why would pointing a telescope or even just looking straight up behave differently to pointing it or just looking perpendicular to ground level?
Original post by Ibbyyyyy

- If you stick a stick in the ground, it will produce a shadow. The shadow moves as time passes (which is the principle for ancient Shadow Clocks). If the world had been flat, then two sticks in different locations would produce the same shadow, which doesn't happen.

The results of that experiment would be the same if the sun was a lot smaller, and closer, so that it could cast shadows on the sticks at different angles, and therefore would not point to a curved surface.

- Planes can travel in a relatively straight line a very long time and not fall off any edges. They can also, theoretically (and some do, though with stops along the way), circle the earth and end up reaching their starting position.

There are no edges that is an assumption, and the theoretical planes that circle the earth just keep travelling west or east, which means that would literally go 'around' the earth, in a circle.

- Then you have time zones. At a certain point when the sun is shining on one part of the Earth, the opposite side is dark, and vise versa. That allows for time differences and timezones, specifically ones that are larger than 12 hours. Thiss would be impossible if the Earth was flat.

timezones can be easily explained with this graphic,
12inchtimewalkerflatearthclock_timezones.jpg
Original post by _gcx
Then what about what is beyond?

I don't know what is beyond
Original post by Kravence
OP is a troll.

If the earth was flat, it would be very difficult to live near the edges because of gravity

Your concept of 'gravity' is based on 'pacing and leading', a hypnotic, NLP, sales technique based on you making assumptions. - Here's another graphic I created.
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Step on a spheroid and tell me what happens to your balance and ankle ligaments. If the earth was a sphere we would be round because the most economically method of moving ourselves energy wise would be to roll

You can't compare a small spheroid to Earth. When you walk you are practically walking on a flat surface because Earth is so big.
I don't believe in a god because there is no evidence for a "hierarchical personified deity", whilst at the same time, I have a seemingly 'backward' view of reality, in that I also don't believe the earth is a ball.

I have not seen evidence for the earth being a ball, I have seen the curvature of the earth on go-pro cameras sent up on balloons, but all go-pros have a curved panoramic lens making a flat horizon appear curved.

I don't believe anything I'm told by governmental hierarchical institutions run by the government - and don't even get me started on SpaceX.

I have different views of 'gravity' to the consensus, and obviously a lot of other things.

I'm here to answer your questions and clear up some misconceptions that have gave cultured flat earthers like myself a bad name.

If you don't believe what people tell you to then why on earth do you believe the Earth is flat? You have no proof the Earth is flat mate.
I don't believe in a god because there is no evidence for a "hierarchical personified deity", whilst at the same time, I have a seemingly 'backward' view of reality, in that I also don't believe the earth is a ball.

I have not seen evidence for the earth being a ball, I have seen the curvature of the earth on go-pro cameras sent up on balloons, but all go-pros have a curved panoramic lens making a flat horizon appear curved.

I don't believe anything I'm told by governmental hierarchical institutions run by the government - and don't even get me started on SpaceX.

I have different views of 'gravity' to the consensus, and obviously a lot of other things.

I'm here to answer your questions and clear up some misconceptions that have gave cultured flat earthers like myself a bad name.

Do you walk around with a tin foil hat?
Your concept of 'gravity' is based on 'pacing and leading', a hypnotic, NLP, sales technique based on you making assumptions. - Here's another graphic I created.

Atleast you tried.
This gave me aneurysm
Original post by RealistTruther
THE EARTH IS IN FACT CONVEX. this was a common belief in the middle ages but was proven through many experiments by scientists in the early 1900's only to be hidden by our so called 'scientific community'. we all know that the earth is convex from evidence in Simaneks Tamarack Mines and the laser between two posts experiement as well as many other expirements.
THINK ABOUT IT. this explains why the moon is infact a hologram

I prefer my Earth to be a cube.
Reply 39
@Reality Check your planet needs you...

Latest

Trending

Trending