The Student Room Group

I put my arm over her chair?

I'm a shy guy, and I've found a girl at uni which I really like.

Today sat as a group, I put my arm around her chair. I didn't realise I was doing this. But when I did she looked comfortable

A female friend text me and said that she saw it.

Is this a sign she likes me?
Reply 1
You put your arm over her chair and not her?

No wonder she felt comfortable... The chair probably likes it too.

Next time put your arm round her...
i rate this comment but
yeah maybe she does like you!!!!
i mean if she is cool with it then yreah
Original post by UWS

Woah steady on cowboy.
Reply 4
Original post by MachinesCradle
Woah steady on cowboy.

But he didn't start riding yet :perv:
ayyyyeeee
allow riding
when did he even get onto the pony???
Original post by iqra2159
But he didn't start riding yet :perv:
I thought this post was going to be about some raving nutcase who went ballistic at you because you put your arm around "her" chair.
I think its time to propose Remember shes not yours until you put a ring on it. Now girls Love Public signs of affection so remember to do this in the busiest lecture theater possible.

Also Highlight this on Facebook making sure you have on Facebook first. Don't say what your going to do but mention your and her name and something big which your very nervous about and hoping works out you will let everyone know how it goes etc.

That way things will be as comfortable as possible between you two.
wow amazing
Reply 9
Original post by unillama
ayyyyeeee
allow riding
when did he even get onto the pony???

I wasn't talking about a pony
If you know what I mean :wink2:

Spoiler

well neither was i!!! we all were talking about the hot dawggg!!!
awooooo
I wasn't talking about a pony
If you know what I mean :wink2:

Spoiler

Reply 11
Original post by unillama
well neither was i!!! we all were talking about the hot dawggg!!!
awooooo

You calling a girl a pony
shame on you
Original post by UWS

I'm to scared too, but next time I will try
u srsly havent hear dthe song pony have you??? god damn ]
You calling a girl a pony
shame on you
Reply 14
Don't mind the others messing around too much. When you're shy it can be really hard to make a move.

It's really hard to say if she likes you from that alone. There are a couple more subtle things you can try.

One would be to have your leg slightly touching hers. If she likes you, she likely won't move away. If she does, keep your leg there for a bit to see if she comes back. It's nice cause you can pass it off as an accident if she does move.

Any kind of slight touching is a good way to check. As long as it's nothing inappropriate :biggrin:

Like someone said, next time you can also try moving your arm to actually touch her and not just the chair. Or if you keep your arm around the chair, put your hand on her back when leaning in to work on something.

Really, just try talking to her on Facebook or something. Joke around a bit. My favourite way to find out is just joking and teasing on Facebook and when they say something like "oh screw you" or "f* me" just answer with something "(I'd/I know you'd) love to but I'll have to pass" :biggrin: that always works cause if they are interested in me, they end up flirting back and if they don't, they just laugh at how bad the joke is :P
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a shy guy, and I've found a girl at uni which I really like.

Today sat as a group, I put my arm around her chair. I didn't realise I was doing this. But when I did she looked comfortable

A female friend text me and said that she saw it.

Is this a sign she likes me?

you put your arm on her chair!!!!! how dare you. girls hate that . lool maybe she likes you maybe not. you should ask her
Did she slap you?
No.

You're good.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending