The Student Room Group

i feel small

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
'salright mate, I'm 5'4"-5'5" and I got tiny arms and shoulders and everything. I mean, it's not a good thing, but it shouldn't be a gigantic disadvantage really.
5'4'' here :damnmate:It does have it's benefits, but yeah it does suck having to look up at everyone all the time.

Meh.
Without our differences, we'd all be pretty boring though. Try bulking up/ getting real lean, 6-pack 'n' all :blush:, once you hit 20+, as you are still (ever--slowly) growing :biggrin: Then again, some girls think a short, stocky guy with massive overconfidence is a turn-off (which it is). But being short and skinny aint good either. Balance is key as you can guess already.

It's only height at the end of the day. Just get used to the fact that it's your own body man, and only you make decide if you wanna work it or just b***h all day (I sound so camp). I know, I know it gets a lot of shtick, but being a good person is way better than being average height and a total prick :K: (Ooh, pretty poetry).

If you're friendly, you'll get friends. Simples. If you're looking for more, perhaps try going for some of the shorter picks from the lineup :wink:

1.png
Original post by Ammmaaaraah
I'm not 4 ft! I'm 5ft 4 actually :yep:

Loool :tongue: ill reply to your Vm in a bit :lol: okay you are 5ft 4 but look 10 :colondollar:
Original post by Lychee627
Loool :tongue: ill reply to your Vm in a bit :lol: okay you are 5ft 4 but look 10 :colondollar:

K then. :colonhash:
I dont look 10! :cry2:
K then. :colonhash:
I dont look 10! :cry2:

Ohh sorry i meant 11 :tongue:
Ohh sorry i meant 11 :tongue:

The rudeness :colonhash:
Make it 15 and I'll agree.
I'm 6'2'' but my friend is 6'9'', I can't use photos with him on my Tinder profile because people would think I was short.

Yeah, okay, I guess that isn't bad. :biggrin:
5'11 here.
I feel short when i'm with my cousins, i'm one of the shortest in my family out of the males.
But in school i'm taller than most people.
5'7 is short??? What???
The rudeness :colonhash:
Make it 15 and I'll agree.

13 at the maximum!!:colonhash:
Original post by BlueArmy
On the other extreme i know someone who is 6ft9

Is he Danish with a passionate love for metal music by any chance?
Reply 51
Original post by Carthaginian
5'11 here.
I feel short when i'm with my cousins, i'm one of the shortest in my family out of the males.
But in school i'm taller than most people.

I'm also 5'11, I'm the tallest male on my dad's side of the family, but one of the shortest on my mum's side.
Reply 52
Original post by CamLikesCookies
Is he Danish with a passionate love for metal music by any chance?

No as English as you get his name is David Jones
Original post by BlueArmy
No as English as you get his name is David Jones

God how many of these giants are there?
Original post by Ibbyyyyy
I'm 17 and 5"6'. I got some tips bro, although these aren't really scientifically proven.

- Hang off of a bar for a few minutes a week. Make sure your body is loose and not tened when hanging. This can stretch your spine to add a few cms.
- Drink milk constantly and make sure you get enought vitamin D to absorb the calcium from the milk.
- Do some stretches like touching your toes etc to stretch your spine and legs.
- If I were you, I would stop doing weights since they can stunt your growth (I used to do weights to, but stopped now).
- Start swimming as this can loosen up your body and help you grow.

-Stretching like this is only going to stretch out your spine temporarily. It does not = permanent growth. Most you'll get out of it if you keep doing it for a significant length of time is some nice stretch marks around your armpits.
-Most people get sufficient calcium in their diet, so getting more calcium likely isn't going to help OP grow any taller. Genetics > everything.
-Absolutely nothing to prove that doing weights from a young age will stop you growing. There are countless young bodybuilders who started lifting in their teens who grew to over 6ft.
-Again, loosening, stretching, anything like that, will only stretch out your spine and make you temporarily slightly taller. Once you get on with your day, sitting, walking and all that, your spine will compress again and you'll lose that extra inch you may have gained.
13 at the maximum!!:colonhash:

The rudeness 😒
15 at the minnimum. Come on...you know its true 😊
Original post by MiszShortee786
lol please I get trodden on almost everyday or I always bump into 'tall people' its really annoying :/

Amarahhhhh~ Hands off my chibi!!
:3
Reply 57
Original post by SuperHuman98
I am 5'7 and 18. I go to the gym consistently but im not that big :tongue:, my face has fat and my hair is short (looks bad when i grow it) so I dont really have the features that girls are looking for. Sometimes through personality I also feel small (when im confident i end up making a fool out of mysef) I feel like i have the short straw overall in most things.

How can I feel better?

I'm 6'1 and 18
At least you can have a conversation with someone without breaking your back.

And people don't stare at you in public like a Victorian freak show.
Original post by Ibbyyyyy

- If I were you, I would stop doing weights since they can stunt your growth (I used to do weights to, but stopped now).

I cannot think of any reason at all why that would be the case.

Quick Reply

Latest