The Student Room Group

HELP GUY problem!!!

This guy I confessed to asked what I would like from him. He said he isn't looking for a relationship right now but he wants to know what I want because it matters to him apparently. He is more into casual things right now. I think it's due to a lot of things including financial reasons. He's always broke. :redface: Is it even worth it telling him I want something more serious? I mean what will he do about it then...I don't want to make him get into a relationship if he doesn't want one. I think he feels the same with me and doesn't want to make me do something casual when I want more...so shall I keep my wants to myself and just move on? Or just let him know anyway? Any general advice would be appreciated xxx
I'd say just let him know, maybe he's thinking if he could change his mind
Reply 2
Original post by gabriellakhan
I'd say just let him know, maybe he's thinking if he could change his mind

I'm just confused as to why he's wanting to know if he already knows what he wants?
Original post by Anonymous
This guy I confessed to asked what I would like from him. He said he isn't looking for a relationship right now but he wants to know what I want because it matters to him apparently. He is more into casual things right now. I think it's due to a lot of things including financial reasons. He's always broke. :redface: Is it even worth it telling him I want something more serious? I mean what will he do about it then...I don't want to make him get into a relationship if he doesn't want one. I think he feels the same with me and doesn't want to make me do something casual when I want more...so shall I keep my wants to myself and just move on? Or just let him know anyway? Any general advice would be appreciated xxx

There could be a variety of reasons he wants only casual.

1. He isnt that into you.
2. He just doesnt want the responsibility of a relationship.
3. He just wants sex.
4. As you say his financial situation prevents him.

If you tell him more serious, then you are at a mismatch already and you want different things. If you pressure him into more serious and he isnt ready then it wont work. You dont have anything to lose.

Talk about it but if he has potential you could play it low key and see how it goes or you could just stay in contact and see if his mind changes sometime in the future. He's probably going to say no, anyway.

He also might be gauging you to see if you will accept casual, so he can get sex on the something is better than nothing idea. casual can often equate to not having to make an effort.
(edited 7 years ago)
He's probably arguing if it's worth giving up Fifa for you

Give it a shot anyway
Reply 5
Original post by 999tigger
There could be a variety of reasons he wants only casual.

1. He isnt that into you.
2. He just doesnt want the responsibility of a relationship.
3. He just wants sex.
4. As you say his financial situation prevents him.

If you tell him more serious, then you are at a mismatch already and you want different things. If you pressure him into more serious and he isnt ready then it wont work. You dont have anything to lose.

Talk about it but if he has potential you could play it low key and see how it goes or you could just stay in contact and see if his mind changes sometime in the future. He's probably going to say no, anyway.

He also might be gauging you to see if you will accept casual, so he can get sex on the something is better than nothing idea. casual can often equate to not having to make an effort.

Thank you! Your response helped me a lot. Yeah I believe it's a mix of them reasons. Most of them probably apply. I think if he was that into me it wouldn't matter what I wanted he'd be willing to enter into a relationship. I know it seems like he's really keen on a casual relationship. Eventhough I was the one who confessed to him, he is the one who keeps asking what I want out of him? If that makes sense. I know he's a nice guy and I don't think he's a douche for wanting a casual relationship. (I sort of knew he wasn't going to be serious, a lot of the time he glanced down at my body.) I'm not even sure why I confessed knowing his primary focus would be sex anyway. :colondollar: Thanks a lot though. I think I will just have to move on.
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you! Your response helped me a lot. Yeah I believe it's a mix of them reasons. Most of them probably apply. I think if he was that into me it wouldn't matter what I wanted he'd be willing to enter into a relationship. I know it seems like he's really keen on a casual relationship. Eventhough I was the one who confessed to him, he is the one who keeps asking what I want out of him? If that makes sense. I know he's a nice guy and I don't think he's a douche for wanting a casual relationship. (I sort of knew he wasn't going to be serious, a lot of the time he glanced down at my body.) I'm not even sure why I confessed knowing his primary focus would be sex anyway. :colondollar: Thanks a lot though. I think I will just have to move on.

You did a smart thing by asking. its important to be able to read people and not everyone will tell you the truth.I would say more likely than not its just hes more interested in a bit of fun and sex, but anything where he has to make effort or commit makes it less attractive. Alternatively he just doesnt want to be tied down, which is fine. ts almost a gamble because if you say yes, when you wanted a more serious thing, then he can turn round and point to the fact he only ever said casual. Some males are ready for serious and wnat a relationship, others arent.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending