The Student Room Group

To yr 13 econ students that got A at AS: what was your first mock grade at AS?????

Hi guys, i'm doing edexcel econ and aiming for an A hopefully. Sat my first ever Micro paper in class & got a C (didn't even manage to finish the paper on time :/ )

To students who achieved well in AS econ, was your first mock grade low too? Or should I be getting As / High Bs at this point?? starting to feel worried.
Reply 1
everyone got like an E at mocks lol and then got A/B in real thing - don't worry about it
Reply 2
Original post by rolaah
everyone got like an E at mocks lol and then got A/B in real thing - don't worry about it

This is reassuring hahaha thanks
Reply 3
+
You have a good point, I didn't give much focus on exam tech :redface: Hopefully I'll have enough time from now till May to work on that. Thanks for your response :smile:
i literally got a C in micro and an E for macro in my AS mocks (partly bc my teacher hated me) and then 90% in my AS so you shouldn't be worried. i would recommend doing timed papers, for micro, and reading up on case studies for macro bc examiners love that
A in my first mock and at AS.

Things that I found helpful were making sure I understood things in class so that when I went over it, it came naturally, making flashcards and testing myself against them regularly and also searching a lot on the internet for various explanations for similar concepts so that it was drilled in my head.

Also, don't overthink questions, they are usually much simpler than they seem

Good luck and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions :biggrin:
Think I got a B - in the real thing I thought micro had gone terribly (came out crying), and I had prepared myself for a B or C, but I ended up with an A (84% UMS, so only just).

I think UMS grade boundaries are quite low because it's such a new syllabus and people are still working out how to do the papers.
Original post by hellomynameisr
A in my first mock and at AS.

Things that I found helpful were making sure I understood things in class so that when I went over it, it came naturally, making flashcards and testing myself against them regularly and also searching a lot on the internet for various explanations for similar concepts so that it was drilled in my head.

Also, don't overthink questions, they are usually much simpler than they seem

Good luck and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions :biggrin:

Flash cards for definitions
Original post by Niyi Aderounmu
Flash cards for definitions

And key concepts such as externalities

Quick Reply

Latest