The Student Room Group

My lecturer is hitting on me

Right?
(edited 2 years ago)
You sound infatuated with him and I imagine he'd be horrified to read this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do it.

Attachment not found
Reply 3
Well, it doesn't sound right. Just make him understand that you don't like him like that, unless you do. If so, then im not sure what one would do. If you feel unsafe, scared or intimidated then tell another teacher.
Reply 4
The question is; do you like him back like that? Also, do you think it's right to get into something like that with your lecturer? Like, he may be super cute or hot and have the nicest blue eyes but you could both get into serious trouble. Maybe put things off till the module is done, so it's not as risky.
Even so, he's 10 years older than you, and unless you have like some sort of amazing connection that you feel shouldn't or can't be broken off, then honestly, I wouldn't recommend risking it for him.
I'm all for going with your heart, but if it puts you at an incredible risk, i'd say, say no.
Reply 5
Just posting here to keep up with the drama *grabs popcorn*
If your lecturer is 60, you must be 50? :u:

Spoiler

if its legal, i wouldn't stop anything. I think you should either be like you like him or you dont, make him understand the right thing from the beginning. But I would feel rather uncomfortable if I saw him at the bar and he literally had lips on me.
But if you like him- im guessing you do- , tell him but if you ever feel scared or anything tell someone
Original post by Federerr
If your lecturer is 60, you must be 50? :u:

Spoiler

Surely 😂
Reply 9
Original post by SassyGirl25
Yes, I do like him back, all of my friends know that he hits on me, but I've never told anyone that I actually like him, he is everywhere which creeps me out a little but he is a very nice person and we have a great chemistry

Go for it then, if you're above 18 then I don't see too much of a problem, just be careful x
Take some more lab results about your production of serotonin, dopamine and norepinephrine and assess your chemical imbalance at thinking about getting with a lecturer.

but occasionally, these things work out... as long as you keep the hormones flowing..
If I may ask, aren't there rules in the university that don't allow student-teacher relationships? Isn't it 'frowned upon'?
If you're not breaking any regulations then go for it
Be careful.

He is clearly infatuated with you, and you do sound smitten with him. However, you are not acting from a position of power and trust - that shows something worrying about him to me.

Although you don't say how long this has been going on I get the impression he became intense fast. That's frightens me. He's started hanging around in town constantly just in case he might see you. He knows his module with you as student is ending in only a few months and that if he was found out he would be ruined, yet he can't stop himself from indulging in talking to and looking at you. Watching you, thinking of you. It is true, love makes people obsessed with the other, seeking out and enjoying any interaction with them. But a reasonable man who put more things than his own pleasure into consideration would not behave like this as your lecturer. He would stay professional, for the sake of your education and everyone elses' as well as your well being, and wait for a time when it would not be weird for you however long that was and if you were even still interested in him by then. He is too intense, especially for an older man who is unsuitable (currently). A lack of control over himself and his urges: threatening.

He is very flirty and I saw him at a bar the other day, the music was loud and we spoke for like half and hour and he kept whispering to my ear nearly kissing it, and told me to treat him not as a lecturer the other day, and he never answers emails and uses them to talk to me in his office, he talks for hours to me and is very interested in what I have to say.

Just to clarify: So he never answers your work related emails, using them to talk to you personally instead? Or he doesn't talk personally in emails, only in his office? I feel like I have this wrong. It's hard to interpret what you mean because it doesn't make sense to me... Maybe he doesn't answer other peoples' emails, using his office time to talk to you only? It might change my opinion a bit.
Reply 14
Wait for his module to end. If something doesn't turn out right you don't want to make things awkward or whatever
I don't think they are allowed to do this lol but if you're both over the age of 18 then <3 <3 <3 lol
Original post by Tahmim14
If I may ask, aren't there rules in the university that don't allow student-teacher relationships? Isn't it 'frowned upon'?

That's what Ross thought
So my lecturer is 10 years older than me, we are both single. He is very interesting and intense, we always make long eye contact for more than 10 minutes, his eyes are deep blue. He is very close to students since he is young and quite new in the business.. The thing is I always see him outside class in college dinners, pubs and in town (where I study it's tiny). I swear to god I used to see him once a week just for class and now I see him everyday somewhere. He is very flirty and I saw him at a bar the other day, the music was loud and we spoke for like half and hour and he kept whispering to my ear nearly kissing it, and told me to treat him not as a lecturer the other day, and he never answers emails and uses them to talk to me in his office, he talks for hours to me and is very interested in what I have to say. After this I sent him a question about the lab report that I was working for his class and he responded at 2am saying that he was surprised he didn't see me at any of the various clubs he went that night, the message had grammar errors and I assume he had a couple of drinks. What do I do? I can't stop thinking about him and his module finishes in a month...I'm pretty sure he thinks about me too..I know it is not very ethic but it is happening

Finesse him for that 1st in your assignments.
You're welcome.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending