The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I have been told by SFE advisors on student room and over the phone that, home office documents or UK border Agency letters can be used to prove Residency as well as status in certain situation
Is this true?

And are home office checks (electronic) the same as a home office document or UK border agency letter, in a situation where a person has misplaced it?

thanks
(edited 7 years ago)
Do we have to send evidence if we don't have a job if we graduate so are not repaying it? How do u know if we should repay it or not?
Reply 3
My mother and father are married, but my father doesn't live with us...

I understand i will have to declare my Mothers income, but will i have to declare my fathers income as well?
Hello,

Can you confirm for EU nationals that been living in the UK over 5 years?

We will need to provide the following

ID/Passport both student and parents
Parents P60/proof of employment, payslip etc...
Proof of residency for the past 5 years ?
Student birth certificate

Let me know if there are other documents to send
Reply 5
What evidence is needed for students who have setteled in the uk on asylum basis and have limited leave to remain and what fees
would be applied to them
Original post by Shado123
I have been told by SFE advisors on student room and over the phone that, home office documents or UK border Agency letters can be used to prove Residency as well as status in certain situation
Is this true?

And are home office checks (electronic) the same as a home office document or UK border agency letter, in a situation where a person has misplaced it?

thanks

Hi , Thanks for your Questions, You would still be required to Provide Residency Evidence in Addition to any Home office Documents to prove Status in the UK, we would not accept HO documents alone. If you are unable to provide you HO documents , we can make a HO check with your written Consent.
Hi , Thanks for your Questions, You would still be required to Provide Residency Evidence in Addition to any Home office Documents to prove Status in the UK, we would not accept HO documents alone. If you are unable to provide you HO documents , we can make a HO check with your written Consent.
Original post by Matt_1994
Do we have to send evidence if we don't have a job if we graduate so are not repaying it? How do u know if we should repay it or not?

You would not need to provide SLC with Evidence of Employment , unless you are overseas. If you are in the UK you would repay your Loan through your Salary , and your employer if your are working and earning above the Threshold , it is automatic within the UK tax System . If you would like Further Information on repaying your loan , you can visit www.studentloanrepayments .co.uk
Reply 9
In terms of parent's income what tax year is needed if I'm applying for 17/18?
Original post by Shado123
My mother and father are married, but my father doesn't live with us...

I understand i will have to declare my Mothers income, but will i have to declare my fathers income as well?

If your Mother and father as still together as a couple ,then we would require both your Parents income details. If you only live with your mother and she is separated from your father , then we would just require your Mother's income along with Marital status evidence.
Reply 11
Hi

I am going to do my first bachelor's degree and I am an EU student who has been living in the UK for 5 years by the start of my course.

However, I have no idea how I could prove that I have lived in the UK for 5 years because during the first year I didn't have a bank account, bills or anything. All the bills were on my mums name. Is there a possibility that I can send in my moms bank statement or something else to prove that I have been living together with her?

Also, if there is no way that I can prove my residence and I choose to apply as a migrant worker. When I get the full support (tuition and maintenance) am I classed as a UK student?

It states this on the university website "Eligible UK students are those that are classed as UK (England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland), as assessed for student support purposes, as determined by Student Finance England". I would get a quite a generous bursary from the university If I would be classed as a UK student which I should get if I would able to provide evidence for the first year.

Kindest Regards
prog7795
Original post by nubiahbella
Hello,

Can you confirm for EU nationals that been living in the UK over 5 years?

We will need to provide the following

ID/Passport both student and parents
Parents P60/proof of employment, payslip etc...
Proof of residency for the past 5 years ?
Student birth certificate

Let me know if there are other documents to send

The evidence that you would need to provide as an EU national and have been Living in the UK for over 5 years is as follows
ID for Student
Parents Income information/ Evidence
and Proof of 5 years residency to apply to SFE..
Original post by BBhardwa
In terms of parent's income what tax year is needed if I'm applying for 17/18?

We would require tax year information for 2015/2016 , when applying for 17/18
Reply 14
Original post by Louise Egan
We would require tax year information for 2015/2016 , when applying for 17/18

What will I need to do if a parent has gotten a better paying job (a different job from 15/16) and one parents income has stayed the same due to not changing job?
Original post by prog7795
Hi

I am going to do my first bachelor's degree and I am an EU student who has been living in the UK for 5 years by the start of my course.

However, I have no idea how I could prove that I have lived in the UK for 5 years because during the first year I didn't have a bank account, bills or anything. All the bills were on my mums name. Is there a possibility that I can send in my moms bank statement or something else to prove that I have been living together with her?

Also, if there is no way that I can prove my residence and I choose to apply as a migrant worker. When I get the full support (tuition and maintenance) am I classed as a UK student?

It states this on the university website "Eligible UK students are those that are classed as UK (England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland), as assessed for student support purposes, as determined by Student Finance England". I would get a quite a generous bursary from the university If I would be classed as a UK student which I should get if I would able to provide evidence for the first year.

Kindest Regards
prog7795

As an EU student you would be asked to provide evidence of 5 years residency to apply for SFE funding . If you were a minor or under 18 years , we would accept , a letter from a school or College confirming that you in attendance or if your Mother claimed Child benefit/ Tax credits for you we would also accept these as evidence. If you cannot provide 5 years residency and are working in the Uk . You maybe eligible to apply as a Migrant Worker , so yes it would be SFE funding and you would have to provide evidence of your employment.
Original post by Haider12
What evidence is needed for students who have setteled in the uk on asylum basis and have limited leave to remain and what fees
would be applied to them

If you have LLR in the Uk granted due to Asylum or Humanitarian Protection , you can apply for SFE along with evidence of your Status .
Original post by BBhardwa
What will I need to do if a parent has gotten a better paying job (a different job from 15/16) and one parents income has stayed the same due to not changing job?

We would still use the 15/16 tax year Figures to assess your SFE application. we would only re-assess your Funding if the was an income drop of 15% or more.
Thanks to Louse for answering our questions.

We'll have another live webchat about evidence tomorrow at 4pm, leave your questions for Jonathan now.

Latest

Trending

Trending