The Student Room Group

Donald Trump wrongly accuses the media of covering up terrorist attacks

New story here http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-media-terrorist-attack-coverup-president-muslim-ban-a7566131.html

“You’ve seen what happened in Paris and Nice. All over Europe it’s happening,” he said. “It’s gotten to a point where it’s not even being reported. And in many cases, the very, very dishonest press doesn’t want to report it.

“They have their reasons, and you understand that.”

Mr Trump’s boastful lie that the US press failed to cover terrorist attacks ignores the hours and days of wall-to-wall coverage of both of the attacks he cited.

Thoughts?

I think there are some big events/ attacks that aren't given hardly any press... but is this what Trump is referring too?

What do you think?
Original post by Mathemagicien
I think Trump has been confused by Cologne and many other *crimes* which migrants have commited. I can't think of an actual terrorist attack that was unreasonably unreported.

Unless he's not referring to terrorism, which is possible, his grammar seems confused and his tweets aren't as professionally worded as we usually expect from these figures (word limit? Sad!). E.g. when everyone mocked him for "thinking Paris was in Germany" or something, when his grammar was a little confusing, but did not actually appear to say that.

I can. There were molotov cocktails used to blow up buses in downtown Paris which the BBC never covered.
Original post by SnowflakeFurnace
I can. There were molotov cocktails used to blow up buses in downtown Paris which the BBC never covered.

So how did you hear about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
So how did you hear about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

On YouTube :wink:

Also, note the inclusion of the acronym 'BBC.' I don't care about any other MSM organisation, they are private sector and can report what they like.
Original post by She-Ra
New story here http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-media-terrorist-attack-coverup-president-muslim-ban-a7566131.html

Thoughts?

I think there are some big events/ attacks that aren't given hardly any press... but is this what Trump is referring too?

What do you think?

Which big events/attacks are you referring to?
Reply 5
There's been one allegedly in the American midwest (which I refuse to look up now) that his spokesperson has been getting a lot of mileage out of mentioning. Which seems to be a fiction of the alt-right.

But seriously, when I see a sentence that begins "Donald Trump wrongly..." I always want to finish it with "starts breathing every morning." What a stupid, hateful, douchebag.
Original post by tehforum
Which big events/attacks are you referring to?

What have you read on about swimming pool bans instituted in Germany? What have you read about migrant sex attacks on NGOs on border lines? What have you read about migrant sex attacks perpetrated at Swedish music festivals? What have you read about the fact just 3% of newly arrived migrants (the last two years) have found work?

What have you read about the recent arrest of 80 ISIS infiltrators in Austria? What have you read about the three Afghan migrants who sexually assaulted a German woman on New Year's Eve? The list is endless...
On YouTube :wink:

Also, note the inclusion of the acronym 'BBC.' I don't care about any other MSM organisation, they are private sector and can report what they like.

YouTube right. I was expecting that. Get all your factual news from YouTube?

Posted from TSR Mobile
YouTube right. I was expecting that. Get all your factual news from YouTube?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, but I can watch Arabic men launching molotov cocktails at a bus and running off screaming 'Allahu Akbar.' Unlike your 'white privilege' theory, moving images are actual reflections of reality.
What have you read on about swimming pool bans instituted in Germany? What have you read about migrant sex attacks on NGOs on border lines? What have you read about migrant sex attacks perpetrated at Swedish music festivals? What have you read about the fact just 3% of newly arrived migrants (the last two years) have found work?

What have you read about the recent arrest of 80 ISIS infiltrators in Austria? What have you read about the three Afghan migrants who sexually assaulted a German woman on New Year's Eve? The list is endless...

Nothing really. I don't go out my way to seek news.
Just another day in America.
I remember what he's referring to - it was veery far from a terrorist attack, it was just a bus being attacked by a group of (arabic) youths. Not uncommon in France for cars to be set on fire - IIRC hundreds are every New Year - although this bus had tourists on it at the time.

It's the precise definition of terrorism.

1. Politically or religiously motivated.
2. Unlawful use of violence and intimidation.

It's exactly why those at Berkeley should be prosecuted for acts of terrorism.
But we are talking about terrorist attacks, not crimes (no matter how shocking) nor terrorists themselves being arrested.

I know. He asked for, I quote, 'big events/attacks', so I gave them to him.
It's the precise definition of terrorism.

1. Politically or religiously motivated.
2. Unlawful use of violence and intimidation.

It's exactly why those at Berkeley should be prosecuted for acts of terrorism.

Can you prove that it was religiously motivated?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can you prove that it was religiously motivated?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The whole throwing a firebomb and witnesses hearing them scream 'Allahu Akbar' thing wasn't a giveaway?
The whole throwing a firebomb and witnesses hearing them scream 'Allahu Akbar' thing wasn't a giveaway?

Were you there?

Unless there was video footage, how do you know what happened? Especially as it wasn't covered by the 'mainstream media'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Were you there?

Unless there was video footage, how do you know what happened? Especially as it wasn't covered by the 'mainstream media'.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Again, 'it wasn't reported by the BBC', an organisation with 4x the reach of any other media organisation in the UK.

There is video footage. It's all over YouTube.
Again, 'it wasn't reported by the BBC', an organisation with 4x the reach of any other media organisation in the UK.

There is video footage. It's all over YouTube.

I've seen the footage on YouTube. I don't know if people are hearing things but I didn't hear Allahu Akbar or anything of the sort, just angry French phrases. It looked like your typical group of criminal arsonists trying to create trouble. Nobody was killed. I'm sure criminal acts like these are common to some extent, add that to the fact that nobody died and you can see why this wasn't reported.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest