The Student Room Group

MPhil Finance / Finance & Economics 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hope668899
Congratulations! When did you apply? Do you mind sharing your profile?

Thanks! I submitted my app for F & E and Finance the day before the funding deadline (4th Jan), so I'm surprised that I got a response so quickly. I havent heard about my F & E app yet.

Profile: BSc Eco & Finance at top 20 UK uni, 73% first year and 83.5% second year, award for highest 2nd year grade in my school. Got 80+% for every 2nd year module, and am getting 80-90% in third year modules which are quantitative. Worked for Bloomberg, HSBC and recently a PwC internship.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by midlandeast
Thanks! I submitted my app for F & E and Finance the day before the funding deadline (4th Jan), so I'm surprised that I got a response so quickly. I havent heard about my F & E app yet.

Profile: BSc Eco & Finance at top 20 UK uni, 73% first year and 83.5% second year, award for highest 2nd year grade in my school. Got 80+% for every 2nd year module, and am getting 80-90% in third year modules which are quantitative. Worked for Bloomberg, HSBC and recently a PwC internship.

Thank you! So you have received offer for Finance , and still waiting for Finance and Economics, right? I have no update about my F & E application. Anxious!!!
Thank you! So you have received offer for Finance , and still waiting for Finance and Economics, right? I have no update about my F & E application. Anxious!!!

Yeah thats right. My F & E app is 'Under Consideration by Degree Committee'. I think the eco faculty review apps differently to JBS, so we should hear from them this month or next.
Yeah thats right. My F & E app is 'Under Consideration by Degree Committee'. I think the eco faculty review apps differently to JBS, so we should hear from them this month or next.

What's your 1st choice? Finance or F& E in Cambridge? Have you got any offer from other universities?
What's your 1st choice? Finance or F& E in Cambridge? Have you got any offer from other universities?

Finance is my first choice (lower cost and more interested in it). Was going to apply to Durham's MSc Finance and Investment course, but have decided not to now that I have an offer at Cambridge. So them two courses are the only applications I've done. Where have you applied?
Finance is my first choice (lower cost and more interested in it). Was going to apply to Durham's MSc Finance and Investment course, but have decided not to now that I have an offer at Cambridge. So them two courses are the only applications I've done. Where have you applied?

I applied Cambridge F & E and IC Finance. Camb F & E is my 1st choice. Do you have any friend who applied IC Finance?
Original post by lovelondonlife
First overall and final year 70% average

Are you sure about this? I've just recieved my conditional offer and have a requirement of 80% in the third year?
Are you sure about this? I've just recieved my conditional offer and have a requirement of 80% in the third year?

That sounds about right for MPhil Finance, very competitive.
That was insane! 80% is so high. By the way, congratulations!

Mind's for F&E so it's probably different from Finance (they're part of a different dept too) :smile:
Huge congrats to your offer!!
Do you know any one has got Mhil F & E status update in February? Thanks.
Hello everyone!

From what I see, 1 person (midlandeast) has gotten an offer for MPhil Finance. Has anyone other else gotten an offer for this program?

Reply 52
Got an email from the Chair of the Admissions Committee about a week ago recommending that I recieve a conditional offer, CamSIS at BOGS but not recieved a formal offer via email yet. Anyone else in a similar situation/waiting for a formal offer?

Hey, I also received the same email on Jan 30th from Judge Business School, but currently my CamSIS status is still 'Awaiting for Approval by Board of Graduate Studies.' I am not sure if there is still any chance that the application will be rejected at this stage. Nearly two weeks has passed and this makes me quite anxious.

Have you received the formal offer yet? If so, can you tell us how long have you waited during the BOGS stage? Thank you!
Original post by Piosight
Hey, I also received the same email on Jan 30th from Judge Business School, but currently my CamSIS status is still 'Awaiting for Approval by Board of Graduate Studies.' I am not sure if there is still any chance that the application will be rejected at this stage. Nearly two weeks has passed and this makes me quite anxious.

Have you received the formal offer yet? If so, can you tell us how long have you waited during the BOGS stage? Thank you!

Congrats! What's your profile?

It took a week to two weeks from when I replied to the email. I think once its at BOGS stage its 99% confirmed but are probably just busy atm.

I've recieved my formal offer letter, email and CAMSIS says conditional offer. It took a few days on BOGS status until it all came through.
Reply 54
Congrats! What's your profile?

It took a week to two weeks from when I replied to the email. I think once its at BOGS stage its 99% confirmed but are probably just busy atm.

I've recieved my formal offer letter, email and CAMSIS says conditional offer. It took a few days on BOGS status until it all came through.

Thank you for your reply!

My Profile Overview:
Education: Australia Top 3 University Bachelor of Commerce (with 1st Class Honours) and dual bachelors (Management & Arts) from a Chinese university with 3.84 GPA (note: my undergraduate studies were based on an international 2+2 program).

Experience: two thesis projects, two research assistanships, one year of teaching assistantship (academic tutor); various industry internships though most in start-up enterprises; several extra-curricular positions (e.g. university student ambassador).

Hope everything goes smoothly and I will see you at Cambridge!
Do you know any one has got Mhil F & E status update in February? Thanks.
Reply 56
I received this email yesterday and have no idea is this good or bad or too bad?

Dear xxxx,

I am contacting you to update you on the status of your application.

Our Admissions Committee has considered your application and at this
stage no final decision has been made. Your application has, therefore,
been put on hold until all the MPhil applications have been assessed.
Once this has been done all applications that are on hold will be
reconsidered and a final decision made this will be during
March/April. I will contact you by e-mail if we are going to make you
an offer, but please also keep a check on your CamSIS self-service page
for the status of your application.
Original post by dkey12
I received this email yesterday and have no idea is this good or bad or too bad?

Dear xxxx,

I am contacting you to update you on the status of your application.

Our Admissions Committee has considered your application and at this
stage no final decision has been made. Your application has, therefore,
been put on hold until all the MPhil applications have been assessed.
Once this has been done all applications that are on hold will be
reconsidered and a final decision made this will be during
March/April. I will contact you by e-mail if we are going to make you
an offer, but please also keep a check on your CamSIS self-service page
for the status of your application.

It means you haven't been rejected but they haven't seen enough applications to make a decision. It's relatively positive news as a bunch of rejections will also be going out now, but you may not hear back until even into may. Best of luck!
Is this for F&E?
Reply 58
Original post by DCRsilver
It means you haven't been rejected but they haven't seen enough applications to make a decision. It's relatively positive news as a bunch of rejections will also be going out now, but you may not hear back until even into may. Best of luck!

Is this for F&E?

Nah just Econ one, what about you?
Reply 59
Applied in late Jan to MPhil F&E, currently on Under Consideration by Degree Committee, when should I expect a decision?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending