The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

fashion journalism- london college of fashion and CSM 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I received the portfolio submission from CSM but it won't let me log into my account 😩 I think we should start hearing back from LCF next week hopefully!
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Original post by hallston
I received the portfolio submission from CSM but it won't let me log into my account 😩 I think we should start hearing back from LCF next week hopefully!

I hope so it's been so hard waiting!!!
I've been offered a place at LCF omg!!!!!!!
Reply 23
I've just been offered an unconditional place at LCF as well?!?!? Can't believe it!
Reply 24
Original post by rooneyniamh
I've been offered a place at LCF omg!!!!!!!

omg congratulations I'm so happy for you!!
omg congratulations I'm so happy for you!!

Thank you!!!!
Aww that's great news guys, well done!!
I'm still waiting, but since you've both heard back I might find out today too! Exciting omg
Reply 27
Original post by fashion-journey
Aww that's great news guys, well done!!
I'm still waiting, but since you've both heard back I might find out today too! Exciting omg

good luck I'm sure you'll hear back soon, I think they must reply in batches!
good luck I'm sure you'll hear back soon, I think they must reply in batches!

Thank you!
I've just been offered an unconditional place at LCF as well?!?!? Can't believe it!

INSANE!
LCF only just sent their decision but I got a conditional offer!!!! I'm over the moon omg!!
LCF only just sent their decision but I got a conditional offer!!!! I'm over the moon omg!!

Well done!
Congratulationsss to all of you who got in!!!! I was wondering if you guys had to go in for interviews before you received your offers. And also do any of you have any advice on how to tackle the journalistic piece we have to write for CSM because I am completely lost
Reply 33

thats amazing congratulations!!
Reply 34
Original post by danakamel
Congratulationsss to all of you who got in!!!! I was wondering if you guys had to go in for interviews before you received your offers. And also do any of you have any advice on how to tackle the journalistic piece we have to write for CSM because I am completely lost

I didn't have to go in for an interview for LCF which really surprised me because I know they normally conduct interviews for this course, but I'm not complaining haha. For the CSM piece I'd say do a lot of reading of articles, business of fashion and the fashion law are good websites to look at! When I write mine I kind of plan it out beforehand and write down anything that comes to me, then piece it together from there. Good luck!
thats amazing congratulations!!

Thank you so much!
Original post by danakamel

No I didn't have an interview which was surprising! The brief for the article is quite vague so you have a lot of choice when it comes to finding a topic. I looked at key words in the brief to narrow it down a bit. Orginally I was going to write an article on some sort of fashion history but then I noticed the question said "contemporary fashion" . I made an idea mind map on some paper and chose topics that interested me, like sustainablility. I think if you choose something that interests you, the writing you produce will show off your skill better as you will seem more confident in what you're talking about :smile:
Hi all,

I was just wondering what are you all going to do in terms of accommodation. I'm aware that for halls UAL offer over 13 places of residence but which one do you think is the best for LCF and CSM? Or are you all thinking about renting privately?

Just curious X.

H
Original post by harryarcher
Hi all,

I was just wondering what are you all going to do in terms of accommodation. I'm aware that for halls UAL offer over 13 places of residence but which one do you think is the best for LCF and CSM? Or are you all thinking about renting privately?

Just curious X.

H

Personally I think that The Costume Store would be best for LCF and Sketch House would be best for CSM, based on the distance to each campus and the quality of the rooms. There are more central halls like Cordwainers Court but they're a lot smaller and dated as far as the interior goes. That's just my opinion though :smile: I might rent privately with friends in second and third year, but I'm not certain yet. At least there is the option to live in halls for all three years if necessary x
Thank you so much!

H x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending