The Student Room Group

My ex boyfriend feels I have cheated on him

Okay, so this is a really rubbish situation to be in, but I got myself into. Basically I have been in a very intense relationship with a guy for three year, and lived together for 2. He was my best friend, we live together, work together and do majority of things together. But he broke up with me about a month ago, for a week and I slept with a close mutuel friend. As far as I was concerned he had broken up with me for good, he didn't want to know me. I had tried everything to get over him and I stupidly resported to sleeping with a friend. It was the biggest mistake I have made. And the stupidest thing I have ever done. He has now found out from someone else. And asked me to my face did I do it and I admitted it because I don't want to lie to him. He broke up with me over it. I really don't want to loose him because I love and care for him so much but I have obviously really hurt him. And don't know what I can do to make it right, or even if I can make it right?

Scroll to see replies

You guys broke up. You could do whatever you want. His ego is just hurt.
Original post by Anonymous
Okay, so this is a really rubbish situation to be in, but I got myself into. Basically I have been in a very intense relationship with a guy for three year, and lived together for 2. He was my best friend, we live together, work together and do majority of things together. But he broke up with me about a month ago, for a week and I slept with a close mutuel friend. As far as I was concerned he had broken up with me for good, he didn't want to know me. I had tried everything to get over him and I stupidly resported to sleeping with a friend. It was the biggest mistake I have made. And the stupidest thing I have ever done. He has now found out from someone else. And asked me to my face did I do it and I admitted it because I don't want to lie to him. He broke up with me over it. I really don't want to loose him because I love and care for him so much but I have obviously really hurt him. And don't know what I can do to make it right, or even if I can make it right?

Hang on he dumped you right and now he is upset you slept with his friend, sorry he has only himself to blame. This is why an ex is an ex, you are better off without him.
What ever the case, I don't think sleeping with a 'friend' straight off the bat is the solution.

Who knows, maybe he was going to come back to you after he got his head straight, but it seems the relationship is now soiled for good.

Your both to blame, one for being childish, and the other for being stupid.
Attachment not found
Original post by blameitontiffany
You guys broke up. You could do whatever you want. His ego is just hurt.

This.

Ignore him, he can't break up with you twice lmao. You weren't together as far as you were concerned, OP. Don't worry about it, I'd say.
Original post by Anonymous

You were broken up and that was clear according to you. You cant have cheated if that was the case..He also cant break up with you again because it was already done. Stop beating yourself up over it. You did nothing wrong. His pride is wounded. Give him time. maybe write him a letter pointing out the fact he broke up with you for good and only then did it happen. You didnt cheat. You can point out you are sorry that he feels bad about it and if he is interested you would like to work things out. It is then up to him. He either decides despite his pride he can deal with it (if he cared about you he would) or he cant, in which case find someone else.
Reply 7
Yeah he broke up with me, then I slept with our friend. (I would be a lot closer to him) Me and my boyfriend got back together again. And he recently found out about it. And he broke up with me again. And won't even give me the time of day to explain myself, without calling me all of the names under the sun. Dunno how to edit the original post.
Did he give a reason for breaking up with you the first time?
Reply 9
He said he didn't feel the same anymore, and he was fed up with us arguing over stupid stuff. But instead of talking to me about it, he just broke up with me.
The only way anyone can defend your bf is if he 'broke up' with you the first time as in he just meant he wanted some space and put a pause on the relationship...
That's the only way I can see why he reacted like that when finding out.

But since he didn't say it out loud to you and just walked away, it's his fault for not being clear.

And if he just broke up properly the first time, then why the hell is he upset that you slept with someone else lmao.
Ross: WE WERE ON A BREAK!!!
Original post by JordanSpratt
Ross: WE WERE ON A BREAK!!!

It's funny because that's the joke I keep making! Haha but we were broke up!

:tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Google22
The only way anyone can defend your bf is if he 'broke up' with you the first time as in he just meant he wanted some space and put a pause on the relationship...
That's the only way I can see why he reacted like that when finding out.

But since he didn't say it out loud to you and just walked away, it's his fault for not being clear.

And if he just broke up properly the first time, then why the hell is he upset that you slept with someone else lmao.

He ended things with me, he told me to my face we were done, he also messages me it, and then blocked me on everything! How was I supposed to know it wasn't over for good. I just feel so bad that I have hurt him so much. And I want to at least try and make it right. Because he does genuinely feel I have cheated on him. Even though we didn't get back together until after I slept with our friend. But I get it was a shi**y thing to do after only a few days of breaking up.
There's nothing you can do now. If he doesn't like it then it's done and you can't take it back. I second the fact you did nothing wrong though. You should only break up with someone if you genuinely mean it's forever.
He's just butthurt, you couldn't have cheated on him when he broke it off beforehand. You deserve better, he's doing you a favour :smile:
Hold on so he broke up with you, then you ****ed someone else, then he broke up with you again? How can he break up with you twice, did he mean he wanted a break the first time not an actual break up? I don't think you cheated he's just jealous.
Reply 18
Had sex with someone else after breaking up.

It's not cheating.

/thread
Original post by UWS
/trhead

Indeed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending