The Student Room Group

Good sex is actually important in a relationship

people may think it's shallow but it's a real thing, size and good sex can keep you going back to that one person also it can make you leave someone if it sucks.

I never thought sex was important because the first bf I did it with sucked, I didn't really know what good sex was until my second bf who just happens to be a grade A *******, he was pretty decent in the sack. Started seeing a new guy, slept with him and nope I cannot see him again. It actually blows my own mind how something like that can turn you off from someone.

There's a lot of people like this actually. Does sex matter to you if their have other amazing qualities?

And FYI, you can only teach them what you like to a certain extent and they still can't perform.
It's entirely down to preference. I'm sure there's a ton of people who are like you and feel like a good sex life is important to a relationship, others may not value this so much.

I'm one of those people who honestly couldn't stomach the idea of sleeping with a person I'm not with. I'd also have to be already emotionally attached to them and couldn't give a flying toss about performance. Personality, communication and a similar moral compass is what matters to me and the rest falls into place.
Original post by ShannyMorrison
It's entirely down to preference. I'm sure there's a ton of people who are like you and feel like a good sex life is important to a relationship, others may not value this so much.

I'm one of those people who honestly couldn't stomach the idea of sleeping with a person I'm not with. I'd also have to be already emotionally attached to them and couldn't give a flying toss about performance. Personality, communication and a similar moral compass is what matters to me and the rest falls into place.

Sex is probably better with those you feel more emotionally attached to too.

Or maybe it's strictly just a feeling.
Original post by xobeauty
Sex is probably better with those you feel more emotionally attached to too.

Or maybe it's strictly just a feeling.

Again, it'll vary from person to person. I don't know what it feels like to even kiss someone I'm not emotionally attached to, I'm one of 'those' girls :angelblush: haha! Some people are just more physical, I happen to be emotional. I guess folk like you and I are just after different things.

Chances are you're cool with it and are secure in yourself, but just in case you aren't, don't be ashamed for valuing sex in a relationship. A lot of girls I know get treated like dirt for it when it's something they probably can't help, I mean, I know I can't help needing to be cuddled all the time, I just do!
I agree sex is very important in a relationship but I think if you've only had sex once it's a bit early to discount him.
Sometimes it takes a few goes to get used to a new partner and what works for both of you. If you like everything else about him I'd give him another chance.
Sex is definitely important, it just differs between individuals how important
I think, although most people wouldn't agree, that the more time you spend in a relationship, the more important sex becomes. And if it isn't good, and you and your partner do not work on it, one of you will start looking for it with other people eventually.
I agree. I never saw it as a big deal till I had amazing sex.
Reply 8
Sex is really important.

I can't be romantically involved with that person if we don't have chemistry in bed.
Reply 9
Original post by Ella-keturah
I agree. I never saw it as a big deal till I had amazing sex.

This is so accurate. :lol:
What exactly would be the point of a relationship without sex?
Well done for stating the obvious?

Imo it's very hard to be bad at sex. As long as you put the effort in and know certain tricks, you're sorted.
Original post by Chad-Thundercock
What exactly would be the point of a relationship without sex?

Maybe I haven't had good partners, but I'm perfectly happy without sex. Sure, I'll try to shag at least one guy in uni, but I'm not sure how much of a difference it'll make. I prefer to pleasure myself, you know?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending