The Student Room Group

Hungarian town invites all white christians & white Brits - bans muslim & gay

Scroll to see replies

Original post by biglad2k16
Good idea. Nothing wrong with wanting to preserve your native culture and people

How does inviting Britons to move to Hungary achieve that?
Original post by Mathemagicien
There are villages like this all around Europe. As far as they go, this is pretty tame.

The villagers sound like they were triggered by the masses of migrants on their way to Austria.

Scared of people fleeing war. Idiots.

Lets trigger them some more!

Isn't that the one Monsieur Farage used?
Reply 22
Original post by joe cooley
Imagine not wanting to benefit from the cultural enrichment immigration brings, simply shocking!

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/female-genital-mutilation-fgm-case-per-hour-uk-nhs-circumcision-a7564571.html

Or is it?

Well it does make it more hygienic and aesthetically pleasing.
Original post by cambio wechsel
Indvidually they can be nice enough blokes, but I wouldn't want my daughter to marry one.

What about Riley Dennis though?

:if:
Original post by cbreef
:facepalm: Let's stop all immigration immediately because FGM is a problem :facepalm:

Did someone suggest stopping ALL immigration because of FGM?

When?
Tell you what i'll make it easier for you:

Can you tell me what unique benefits Muslim immigration brings to the West.

A better understanding of the Islamic faith for one, but in all honesty, it doesn't have to bring entirely unique benefits. Contributing to society via taxes is enough imo.
Original post by Goat Boy
Well it does make it more hygienic and aesthetically pleasing.

Do you even know what FGM is?
Original post by JohnGreek
Both of us know that that's a terrible distortion of the causal relationship between the general lack of integration of Muslims in Europe and the reaction from this village,

Not really, the village is just a particularly extreme example. People complain about Muslims and or immigrant groups not integrating, but have little interest in such integration actually taking place.
Did someone suggest stopping ALL immigration because of FGM?

When?

Muslim immigration - better?

Or even better - anyone who isn't the right colour amirite?
(edited 7 years ago)
Wait why not atheists too? They're the biggest threat to Christianity in the UK - far bigger than Muslims and homosexuals.
Original post by Cherub012
Wait why not atheists too? They're the biggest threat to Christianity in the UK - far bigger than Muslims and homosexuals.

I don't think it is actually about religion tbh...
Reply 31
Do you even know what FGM is?

Yeah, I mean who wants stinky, discharge catching flaps all over the place.
Original post by cbreef
I don't think it is actually about religion tbh...

I understand the Muslims and lack of integration thing but banning gays seems wholly for religious reasons.
Reply 33
Tell you what i'll make it easier for you:

Can you tell me what unique benefits Muslim immigration brings to the West.

Why do the benefits have to be unique? We bring many benefits; food, medical practitioners, taxi drivers, businesses, culture, architecture, art... not sure what the point is here.

No one group of people brings anything 'unique' and to group people based on religion is absurd. The reason being, each 'Muslim' country have their own culture and interpretation of Islam that are vastly different from each other.
Original post by biglad2k16
Nothing wrong with wanting to preserve your native culture and people

And they're free to do that. In fact, more than free - their "native culture and people" make up the overwhelming majority of the population, and their national language and symbols hold official constitutional status. How any of this requires them to ban anyone Muslim or gay is beyond me.

Besides which, as another poster noted, inviting white brits is hardly "preserving" the Hungarian-ness of the village, is it?
I understand the Muslims and lack of integration thing but banning gays seems wholly for religious reasons.

No, they just don't like people of other cultures/from other countries. Simple as that.
Original post by cbreef
No, they just don't like people of other cultures/from other countries. Simple as that.

So what about (white) British gay people - those who want to hold hands whilst walking down a street?

From what I read, they wouldn't allow that either.
Original post by cbreef
A better understanding of the Islamic faith for one, but in all honesty, it doesn't have to bring entirely unique benefits. Contributing to society via taxes is enough imo.

Apart from the highly dubious benefit of a better understanding of the Islamic faith there are none, are there?

Contributing to society via taxes is enough imo.

Not really.

https://www.mcb.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/MCBCensusReport_2015.pdf

1 in 5 (19.8%) of the Muslim population is in full-time employment, compared to more than 1 in 3 of the general population (16-74 years old).

Excluding students, the rate of unemployment for Muslims is nearly double that of the general population (7.2% compared to 4.0%).

People living off benefits tend not to pay any taxes.
Original post by cbreef
Muslim immigration - better?

Or even better - anyone who isn't the right colour amirite?

Much.

What colour do you believe Muslims are by the way?
So what about (white) British gay people - those who want to hold hands whilst walking down a street?

From what I read, they wouldn't allow that either.

They don't like them either :rofl:

Apart from the highly dubious benefit of a better understanding of the Islamic faith there are none, are there?

Contributing to society via taxes is enough imo.

Not really.

https://www.mcb.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/MCBCensusReport_2015.pdf

1 in 5 (19.8%) of the Muslim population is in full-time employment, compared to more than 1 in 3 of the general population (16-74 years old).

Excluding students, the rate of unemployment for Muslims is nearly double that of the general population (7.2% compared to 4.0%).

People living off benefits tend not to pay any taxes.

Even if your statistics are correct, they still contribute far more than they take out.
I don't understand why they chose to exclude students either.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending