The Student Room Group

Hungarian town invites all white christians & white Brits - bans muslim & gay

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cherub012
So what about (white) British gay people - those who want to hold hands whilst walking down a street?

From what I read, they wouldn't allow that either.

LOL, you and your BF should try it in Tower Hamlets i'm sure you'll be able to feel the tolerance just flowing all over you!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/8550178/Muslim-fanatic-fined-100-for-gay-free-zone-stickers.html

It is funny how SJW condemn this village for its homophobia while supporting the importation of the most homophobic culture in the history of the world into Europe!

You're confused to say the least.
Original post by joe cooley
Much.

What colour do you believe Muslims are by the way?

They don't all fit the same clothes :colonhash:
Really, you're happy to import such primitive behaviors as FGM?

Such tolerance!

#NotAllMuslims do fgm
Original post by cbreef
They don't all fit the same clothes :colonhash:

Excellent, we have now established that your:

Or even better - anyone who isn't the right colour amirite?

Was the standard attempt to paint those who oppose Islamic immigration as racists.

Standard stuff, and quite pathetic.
Reply 44
Original post by JohnGreek
The reason for that is that we expect them to integrate into our culture rather than vice versa, which is of course resisted by these communities.

While "two-way" integration can be fairly harmless in simple cases such as expanding R.E. lessons to cover Islam or allowing women to wear a headscarf at work, any deeper integration fundamentally exposes the difference in mentality between the secular, liberalised West and more conservative people. I don't see a reason as to why we should effectively move backwards in time and change our beliefs/teachings when they are the ones being accommodated by us in our countries.

Look, why does everyone here think Muslims don't intergrete with 'our culture', we do or atleast try to. In some aspects your right, sometimes Muslims don't intergrete but that's because a huge part of British culture is drinking alcohol. If your expecting Muslims to go to your local pub to enjoy a pint, that frankly will not happening anytime soon (disclaimer: I'm saying most Muslims don't drink, I obviously know people who do and idgaf).

Oh and sometimes Muslims aren't welcomed in particular areas and on some occasions, get verbally abused by people shouting 'GO BACK TO WHERE U CAME FROM YA FKIN PAKI'

I think you should go out and just observe your local multicultural community, ok some people who come here struggle to adapt but people like me who are born here or like my dad who moved when he was 17 have adapted really well because we...are...British.

Like, people from my parents country are vastly different from me, so tell me what should people like me do to make folks like you feel more comfortable?
(edited 7 years ago)
Excellent, we have now established that your:

Or even better - anyone who isn't the right colour amirite?

Was the standard attempt to paint those who oppose Islamic immigration as racists.

Standard stuff, and quite pathetic.

That was really supposed to be a joke but I digress.
The vast majority of muslims are arab/asian and have the corresponding skin pigment :rofl: . It's pretty clear to me anyway that you do have a problem with different cultures and practices.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ua3142
Look, why does everyone here think Muslims don't intergrete with 'our culture', we do or atleast try to. In some aspects your right, sometimes Muslims don't intergrete but that's because a huge part of British culture is drinking alcohol. If your expecting Muslims to go to your local pub to enjoy a pint, that frankly will not happening anytime soon (disclaimer: I'm saying most Muslims don't drink, I obviously know people who do and idgaf).

Oh and sometimes Muslims aren't welcomed in particular areas and on some occasions, get verbally abused by people shouting 'GO BACK TO WHERE U CAME FROM YA FKIN PAKI'

I think you should go out and just observe your local multicultural community, ok some people who come here struggle to adapt but people like me who are born here or like my dad who moved when he was 17 have adapted really well because we...are...British.

Like, people from my parents country are vastly different from me, so tell me what should people like me do to make folks like you feel more comfortable?

Well said.
Original post by jambojim97
#NotAllMuslims do fgm

No they don't, and no one has suggested they do.

However,which religion in the UK practices FGM more than any other, do you suppose?
Original post by cbreef
They don't like them either :rofl:

...for religious reasons.

LOL, you and your BF should try it in Tower Hamlets i'm sure you'll be able to feel the tolerance just flowing all over you!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/8550178/Muslim-fanatic-fined-100-for-gay-free-zone-stickers.html

It is funny how SJW condemn this village for its homophobia while supporting the importation of the most homophobic culture in the history of the world into Europe!

You're confused to say the least.

No you're just immature.

You do know you can condemn all homophobic behavior right, including that done by the village and that done by certain Muslims?

According to you I have to flip a coin and choose which ones to condemn.
Original post by cbreef
That was really supposed to be a joke but I digress.
The vast majority of muslims are arab/asian and have the corresponding skin pigment :rofl: . It's pretty clear to me anyway that you do have a problem with different cultures and practices.

A joke?

Of course it was, what was i thinking!

You dont have a problem with a culture that practices FGM and is rabidly homophobic?
A joke?

Of course it was, what was i thinking!

You dont have a problem with a culture that practices FGM and is rabidly homophobic?

Everyone should be judged individually. I don't agree with a lot of stuff in the quran, but we should not discriminate based solely on the premise of a person's religion.
(edited 7 years ago)
...for religious reasons.

No you're just immature.

You do know you can condemn all homophobic behavior right, including that done by the village and that done by certain Muslims?

According to you I have to flip a coin and choose which ones to condemn.

Insults, a good sign!

Yes indeed you could condemn all homophobic behaviour, but the left can seldom bring themselves to condemn anything Muslim.
Insults, a good sign!

Yes indeed you could condemn all homophobic behaviour, but the left can seldom bring themselves to condemn anything Muslim.

Hmmm, your initial response wasn't so warming either...
Original post by cbreef
Everyone should be judged individually.

Obviously you are in no way obliged to answer my question.

Now, i do not for one second believe you condone FGM or homophobia.

However, your fear of appearing Islamophobic is so great you simply can not bring yourself to condemn any aspect of Islamic culture.

Sad and scary at the same time.
Hmmm, your initial response wasn't so warming either...

What!

How so?
Obviously you are in no way obliged to answer my question.

Now, i do not for one second believe you condone FGM or homophobia.

However, your fear of appearing Islamophobic is so great you simply can not bring yourself to condemn any aspect of Islamic culture.

Sad and scary at the same time.

I literally just said I disagree with verses in the quran in my last post.
Original post by cbreef
I literally just said I disagree with verses in the quran in my last post.

Indeed you give an answer to:

Do you agree with everything in the koran?

That wasn't my question.

No matter, i didn't for one moment ever believe you could bring yourself to answer the question actually asked.

It was fun watching you weasel out of answering though!
Original post by cbreef
They'd make an exception for you I think. :rofl:

Lol. Nah,I'll tell them my mum's side of the family is Syrian and they'd send me packing
Original post by Mathemagicien
How dare you use that continental term to refer to our Most British leader of the United Kingdom's finest Party. :pierre:

Je suis désolé!, non, Es tut mir leid...oh crap.
Reply 59
Original post by JohnGreek
Well, it could be any of: don't send your kids to faith schools (this applies to Christians too, but it doesn't negate the point regards to Muslims either), don't hang out in exclusively Muslim/Pakistani/whatever cliques, don't teach your kids homophobic or misgynist cultural views, don't make an effort to stand out or be special because of your "cultural garments" (particularly burkhas), don't pressure your child into following your religion after a certain age (let him/her make a choice, and try to allow it to mingle with people of other faiths), don't tolerate extremists in your places of worship, don't apologise for Islamic acts of terrorism, and don't keep moralising the West about how "degenerate" and "corrupt" it is when you actively chose to move to it for financial and material gain.

This is in addition to not excluding yourself, or female members of your family, from certain professions, or creating the expectation that a women's education is just that and that she should be expected to forsake her career and marry and raise children at a ripe young age. Finally, while I understand the reasons behind grouping together of certain ethnicities (see Luton, Bradford, Tower Hamlets etc in London), don't let your geographical position limit where you want to study or work. Be willing to venture out into the wild a bit rather than isolating yourself in often deprived neighbourhoods with limited opportunities for personal development.

These obviously apply to different communities and ethnicities to varying degrees, and I imagine that the most secular Muslims in the UK consider what I've posted above a given.

Disagree with some, agree with others, you make good points I guess. Err...yeah you make good points.

I can go into more detail, but I'm eating. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending