The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Which applicant day should I go to...residential or day?

I can't decide whether or not to go do the residential or Day applicant visit. I don't really want to miss any college and all the residentials are during term time so I want to kmow if it is any better than the day information wise or not?
Reply 1
I don't really see the point in the residential trip. Just stay in a youth hostel for a night sometime and you'd get the idea surely? Unless you for real cannot choose between two uni's and you think that this will swing it, it probably wouldn't be worth missing college for
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
I personally would highly recommend the residential trip. I went on one last year and it what made me pick Durham over UCL when I was pretty set the other way before I went. We had a formal meal, then a quiz in the bar and then just partied really. It was an amazing, student-led experience and really made me feel welcome and gave me a sense of how welcoming the colleges are. I personally think it was an excellent experience, far more than you will ever get just looking round the university. However, I can only speak for that one college.
Reply 3
Original post by Tortoises172
I personally would highly recommend the residential trip. I went on one last year and it what made me pick Durham over UCL when I was pretty set the other way before I went. We had a formal meal, then a quiz in the bar and then just partied really. It was an amazing, student-led experience and really made me feel welcome and gave me a sense of how welcoming the colleges are. I personally think it was an excellent experience, far more than you will ever get just looking round the university. However, I can only speak for that one college.

Which college was it?
Original post by alba1357
Which college was it?

University College :smile:
Reply 5
Hi, I went to Josephine Butler last year for the residential open day and had the exact same experience as Tortoises172 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending