The Student Room Group
Hi, Could you kindly advise on Adult Dependent Grant, I have read that if you are over 25 and live with a partner and have dependent children you can apply for this, My question is what if you don't live with a partner are 25 and have dependent children, are you automatically not entitled to applying for this grant. Also what other help is available if this is the case?

I am 25 and have children no partner, what grants or loans will I be entitled to, providing I am entitled to any funding from student finance that is?

I started adult nursing in march 2012 and withdrew either 2014 or early January 2015, I have received 2 years of reduced loans from student finance alongside my NHS bursary. I am unsure if I will be entitled to student finance again to support me on another 3-year degree nursing program. Please advise thanks.
Reply 2
Hello,

I am a parent of three school age children and I've applied to study graduate entry medicine next year. I am wondering what support is available to help cover childcare costs. What level of household income is this support available for?

Thankyou
Hi,

I am starting to study for my BSc Nursing in Sept but it is my 2nd degree. I know I am entitled to tuition fee loans, but under the ELQ rules am I also eligible for any help with childcare or dependents grant (I have a husband who will continue working full-time, children will be in nursery, they will be 3 and 1 1/2 when I start my course)?

Thank you in advance
Original post by nelfran29
Hi, Could you kindly advise on Adult Dependent Grant, I have read that if you are over 25 and live with a partner and have dependent children you can apply for this, My question is what if you don't live with a partner are 25 and have dependent children, are you automatically not entitled to applying for this grant. Also what other help is available if this is the case?

I am 25 and have children no partner, what grants or loans will I be entitled to, providing I am entitled to any funding from student finance that is?

I started adult nursing in march 2012 and withdrew either 2014 or early January 2015, I have received 2 years of reduced loans from student finance alongside my NHS bursary. I am unsure if I will be entitled to student finance again to support me on another 3-year degree nursing program. Please advise thanks.

Hello

Many thanks for your post.

Each application is assessed on an individual basis, but as a new student starting an Adult Nursing course, you would not be subject to the general previous study rules and would be eligible to apply for the full range of Grants / Loans including Tuition Fees.

As a lone parent, over 25 with dependant children, you would be eligible to apply for the following:

* Tuition Fee Loan
* Higher Tier Maintenance Loan including the Special Support element.
* Parental Learning Allowance
* Childcare Grant (care must be provided by a registered provider)

For more information, you may wish to take a look at the following guidance which should answer any further questions you may have.

Here's the link: http://tsrmatters.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/SFE_1617_MAINGUIDE_DEP_GRANT_D_A.pdf

Hope the above helps.

Emma x
Original post by Blofeldz
Hello,

I am a parent of three school age children and I've applied to study graduate entry medicine next year. I am wondering what support is available to help cover childcare costs. What level of household income is this support available for?

Thankyou

Hello

Thanks for your post.

As a new student studying a Graduate Entry Medicine course, entering Yr 1, you would be entitled to the following support:

Full year maintenance loan in year one
Partial Tuition Fee loan of up to £5785 in Y1 (the first £3465 of your fees in Yr 1 are self funded)
Grants for Dependants which include: Adult Dependants Grant, Parental Learning Allowance and Childcare Grant.

In Yrs 2 - 4, you will receive a reduced rate maintenance loan.
Partial Tuition fee loan of up to £5535 (the first £3715 of your fees in Yrs 2-4 are paid by the NHS.
As you will be in receipt of an NHS Bursary, no Grants for Dependants will be available.

Please take into account, that each application is assessed on an individual basis.

I would suggest you submit an online application as soon as the application process opens. You will then receive a Notification of Entitlement detailing your award. This can be cancelled at anytime, should you decide not to pursue your chosen course. Simply let us know.

For more information, you may wish to take a look at following guidance which should answer any further questions you may have. Here's the link: http://tsrmatters.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/SFE_1617_MAINGUIDE_DEP_GRANT_D_A.pdf

Hope the above helps.

Emma x
Original post by Greatestnerd
Hi,

I am starting to study for my BSc Nursing in Sept but it is my 2nd degree. I know I am entitled to tuition fee loans, but under the ELQ rules am I also eligible for any help with childcare or dependents grant (I have a husband who will continue working full-time, children will be in nursery, they will be 3 and 1 1/2 when I start my course)?

Thank you in advance

Hello

Thanks for your post.

Each application is assessed on an individual basis, but as a new student starting an Adult Nursing course, in receipt of a previous ordinary / hons degree, you would not be subject to the general previous study rules and would be eligible to apply for the full range of Grants / Loans including Tuition Fees.

As a married student with dependant children, you would be eligible to apply for the following:
* Tuition Fee Loan
* Maintenance Loan
* Adult Dependants Grant
* Parental Learning Allowance
* Childcare Grant (care must be provided by a registered provider)

All of the above are naturally subject to the usual eligibility criteria and are based on your household income.

For more information, you may wish to take a look at following guidance which should answer any further questions you may have. Here's the link: http://tsrmatters.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/SFE_1617_MAINGUIDE_DEP_GRANT_D_A.pdf

Hope the above helps.
Emma
Reply 7
A big thanks again to Emma for taking part in our webchat. And thanks to everyone who got involved.

You can go back and look through the many conversations had throughout this week here - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=27532-Student-Money-Week-2017

Latest

Trending

Trending