The Student Room Group

Drake tells hijabi muslim fans to take their scarf off at a concert!

[video="youtube;HwBFjopMgXE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwBFjopMgXE[/video]

Edit: Through my extensive research and knowing a few people who went to that exact concert there are rumours thegirls were infact somali.
How out of like 10k audience does he notice a few hijabis there and has the audacity to tell them to take it off. :curious:

OPINIONS MY TSRians!!!!
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think he was right to do that.
LMAAAOOOO Jrake is me when @ 3 am doing my essays
No proof it's a Muslim.

Nothing to see here.
Original post by RedManc
I think he was right to do that.

He has a right to tell somebody else to take their HIJAB of? :gasp:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by PrincessBO$$
He has a right to tell somebody else to take their scarf of? :gasp:

Yes.
I dont give a **** what happened to be honest.
Its up to them if they want to do it or not. It was up to them to be a fan or not.
(edited 7 years ago)
One of the benefits of free speech is that people can say whatever they want. And you are free to judge them on that, but you are not free to dictate what they can/cannot say.
Original post by RedManc
Yes.

So if you came to one of my shows for example and you wear a crucifix i have a right to tell you to take that necklace off.
Reply 9
[video="youtube;HwBFjopMgXE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwBFjopMgXE[/video]

How out of like 10k audience does he notice a few hijabis there and has the audacity to tell them to take it off. :curious:

OPINIONS MY TSRians!!!!

It really saddens me to think that most non Muslims think that the hijab is a sign of oppression where it is actually a symbol of your love for Allah :/
Reply 10
In the muslim faith the hijab is not a required article of clothing it does not say anywhere in the Qu'ran that women must wear a hijab so being told to take one off is like being told to take your hat off should drake have done it i don't care just thought I'd clear that little misconception up
Original post by Naveed-7
I dont give a **** what happened to be honest.
Its up to them if they want to do it or not. It was up to them to be a fan or not.

if you dont give a **** why did you post here?
and yh its up to do but do you think he had any right to tell them to take their hijab off?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 12
So if you came to one of my shows for example and you wear a crucifix i have a right to tell you to take that necklace off.

Yes. I'm not a christian by the way.
Original post by Azraall
In the muslim faith the hijab is not a required article of clothing it does not say anywhere in the Qu'ran that women must wear a hijab so being told to take one off is like being told to take your hat off should drake have done it i don't care just thought I'd clear that little misconception up

"...and not display their beauty except what is apparent, and they should place their khumur over their bosoms...”
There are two issues about this sentence.
What is the meaning of “khumur” used in this verse?

Khumur خُمُرٌ is plural of khimarخِمَارٌ , the veil covering the head.
Lets be real here, what's the point of being modestly dressed at a drake concert.

Yes lol.

Doesn't mean he has to take it off wtf?
Im actually shocked about some people's logic on TSR.
Original post by CorpusLuteum
Lets be real here, what's the point of being modestly dressed at a drake concert.

Its seems odd the be covered and go to a Drake concert yes i agree.
Reply 18
Is this news?
Why is the thread title so cringe?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending