The Student Room Group

Drake tells hijabi muslim fans to take their scarf off at a concert!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cherub012
why is the thread title so cringe?

cause i made it bruh
Original post by uws
is this news?

headline news!
Original post by CorpusLuteum
Lets be real here, what's the point of being modestly dressed at a drake concert.

This is what I was gonna say :colonhash: like if they are proper Muslims then they shouldnt have even gone to the concert!!
Original post by PrincessBO$$
if you dont give a **** why did you post here?
and yh its up to do but do you think he had any right to tell them to take their hijab off?

I posted here because you asked for my opinion.
He has a right to free speech.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Lychee627
This is what I was gonna say :colonhash: like if they are proper Muslims then they shouldnt have even gone to the concert!!

100% agree
Never liked him in the first place anyways.
Why are people who wear the hijab which is meant to apparently protect their modesty or whatever going to a drake concert?

I never understood the logic
A person shouldn't say anything like that to anyone. They are allowed to wear what they want. Drake wouldn't say that on the street because he would get smacked. But at a safe concert stage with security, Hell yeah!
Oh calm down. This is such a lie that she was muslim, how would anyone know that Where's the proof? Clickbait video title and thirsty thread title and that lie about knowing those girls he told to take the scarf off. Bwahaa then she says SHE'S shocked by tsrian's logic. Pfft. Cringing so strong right now I wanna puke.

But if it is true..

Drake went 0 to 100 real quick
not surprised
We can't even see who he's talking to and he didn't tell the person to take of the scarf anyway, he said you might want to take it off. If I say to someone "it's getting warm, you may want to take off your coat" I'm not telling them to take off their coat, I'm suggesting it. He most likely only said it for effect although obviously I acknowledge the difference between a coat and 'religious' clothing.
I want the 4 seconds I spent reading that title back
a drake concert?ok....
He has a right to tell somebody else to take their HIJAB of? :gasp:

1st Amendment. Give it a read.
Original post by Willy Pete
1st Amendment. Give it a read.

This happened in London.
Original post by STEMisSuperior.
This happened in London.

Well that doesn't really change things. It doesn't break any laws.
Well that doesn't really change things. It doesn't break any laws.

I didn't say it does break rules. But bringing in the 1st amendment is irrelevant.
Original post by STEMisSuperior.
I didn't say it does break rules. But bringing in the 1st amendment is irrelevant.

How the **** should I know where Drake holds his concerts?

Define proper muslim :colonhash: Ngl im a hijabi and there was 80% i would have went, nearly bought the ticket but my parents said no :colonhash: Im glad i didnt go tho :yep:
Original post by CorpusLuteum
Lets be real here, what's the point of being modestly dressed at a drake concert.

Its seems odd the be covered and go to a Drake concert yes i agree.

It's seems more odd to me that people suggest if you are doing one bad thing, you should do more bad things; such as dress immodestly.
How the **** should I know where Drake holds his concerts?

That's not our problem. Point is that the 1st amendment is irrelevant.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending