The Student Room Group

Business Administration Level 3

Can anyone help with B&A40 communication in a business environment... just cant get my head around it!

1.1 Analyse the communication needs of internal and external stakeholders.

1.2 Analyse the different communication models that support administration.

1.3 Evaluate the effectiveness of different communication systems. 7

Thanks in advance!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by tamfleming
Can anyone help with B&A40 communication in a business environment... just cant get my head around it!

1.1 Analyse the communication needs of internal and external stakeholders.

1.2 Analyse the different communication models that support administration.

1.3 Evaluate the effectiveness of different communication systems. 7

Thanks in advance!

1.1 Do you know what internal and external stakeholders are? That bit is important. If you do, you then should think about what they "need" when being communicated to. So they need information to be correct, timely, easy to understand etc - internal and external stakeholders will have some similar needs, but there will be some differences. A customer (external stakeholder) may not understand some business jargon, so may need information to be presented in a different way that they can understand.

1.2 You should have studied different models of communication (eg Shannon and Weaver model of communication and the Berlo model of communication) and you need to talk about these.

1.3 You need to talk about different things used for communication - email, phone etc - and discuss how they are good and bad. So you might say that a phone call is really good for some information, but not the best way to inform others about spreadsheets.
Reply 2
Hi All, I too am studying Business and Admin level 3. Am on Communicating in a business environment and struggling to find places to research, particularly bespoke documents. I will keep looking and will share if I find anything but if anyone else has any looks I would be very grateful. TIA. Genxx
Reply 3
Original post by Genw1
Hi All, I too am studying Business and Admin level 3. Am on Communicating in a business environment and struggling to find places to research, particularly bespoke documents. I will keep looking and will share if I find anything but if anyone else has any looks I would be very grateful. TIA. Genxx

The main problem is that lots of people ask questions about business studies, but very few will actually come back and answer when other people ask questions. If everyone was as willing to give help as to receive it well you'd really find the resources you're looking for.
Reply 4
Can anyone help I have completed unit 325 - Resolve customer complaints but they are asking for a separate statement on customer complaints, my tutor has retired and at that moment they don't have a replacement so I don't really have an guidance? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Reply 5
Original post by bailz24x
Can anyone help I have completed unit 325 - Resolve customer complaints but they are asking for a separate statement on customer complaints, my tutor has retired and at that moment they don't have a replacement so I don't really have an guidance? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

What exactly have you been asked to do?!
Reply 6
Original post by Juno
What exactly have you been asked to do?!

Hi Juno,

I don't know if your familiar with the questions in this unit but they have asked for a statement on customer complaints including questions 1.1 to 1.8.

I have already completed this unit but they need more information and im stuck with what else to write.

Thanks in adavance.
Reply 7
Original post by bailz24x
Hi Juno,

I don't know if your familiar with the questions in this unit but they have asked for a statement on customer complaints including questions 1.1 to 1.8.

I have already completed this unit but they need more information and im stuck with what else to write.

Thanks in adavance.

If you cba to post the exact question, I cba to look up what that unit number relates to and try to guess where you're stuck. If you want help then make it possible to help you.
Reply 8
Original post by Juno
If you cba to post the exact question, I cba to look up what that unit number relates to and try to guess where you're stuck. If you want help then make it possible to help you.

Unit 325 - Resolve Customers Complaints

1.1 assess the suitability of a range of monitoring techniques for customers complaints?

1.2 explain how to identify those complaints that should prompt a review of the service offer and service delivery?

1.3 explain negotiating techniques used to resolve customers complaints?

1.4 explain conflict management techniques used in dealing with upset customers?

1.5 explain organisational procedures for dealing with customers complaints?

1.6 explain when to escalate customers complaints?

1.7 explain the cost and regularity implications of admitting liability on the basis of a customer complaint?

1.8 explain the advantages and limitations of offering compensation or replacement products and/or services?

This is the unit they would like me to write a statement on customer complaints?
Reply 9
Hi!
Just started Level 3 Business administration. Anyone else new at this?
Had a break from any form of education/ training and finding it is really hard getting back into it.
Currently on the module Communicate in a Business Environment.
I really wish they'd give a little more guidance instead of one or two vague bullet points :confused:
I've bought the city and guilds textbook for this course and it's been a bit of a help but not as much as i'd have thought :rolleyes:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 10
Hi, I am currently working on the unit 'Evaluate the provision of business travel and accomodation'. Can anyone help with learning outcomes 2-3 please?
Reply 11
Anyone studying Level 3 Business Admin with ACT and have had an email to attend workshop days?
Hi did you get any help with this unit as I am struggling on the knowledge questions.
Reply 13
Original post by Yafton176
Hi did you get any help with this unit as I am struggling on the knowledge questions.

Hello, what unit do you need help with? Abbie
Hello Everyone,

Has anybody completed Unit 332 - Promote equality, diversity and inclusion in the work place??

Any help would be much appreciated :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by GemmaDM21
Hello Everyone,

Has anybody completed Unit 332 - Promote equality, diversity and inclusion in the work place??

Any help would be much appreciated :smile:

:banghead:

If you don't post the questions you're stuck on you won't get an answer.

However, some diversity questions have already been answered in the megathread.
Original post by Juno
:banghead:

If you don't post the questions you're stuck on you won't get an answer.

However, some diversity questions have already been answered in the megathread.

I posted the unit that I am stuck on wondering what anybody had done for it.........
Reply 17
I posted the unit that I am stuck on wondering what anybody had done for it.........

So you're expecting someone to figure out what the unit number relates to (bearing in mind that many business qualifications have similar unit numbers), figure out what the questions are, then try to figure out where exactly you're stuck. And then they'll post the answer, and you'll say "oh no, I wasn't stuck on that - I just didn't know if we wrote in paragraphs or bullet points".

No, that aint gonna happen.

There are hundreds of people asking for help for business questions, and very few people actually answer them. If you want help, make it easy for people to help you.
Original post by Juno
So you're expecting someone to figure out what the unit number relates to (bearing in mind that many business qualifications have similar unit numbers), figure out what the questions are, then try to figure out where exactly you're stuck. And then they'll post the answer, and you'll say "oh no, I wasn't stuck on that - I just didn't know if we wrote in paragraphs or bullet points".

No, that aint gonna happen.

There are hundreds of people asking for help for business questions, and very few people actually answer them. If you want help, make it easy for people to help you.

Wow chill out.

I will look elsewhere with that attitude, Thank you.
Reply 19
Wow chill out.

I will look elsewhere with that attitude, Thank you.

Do you think you're the first person who's tried this today? No, you're about the 5th. Why should I help you when you can't even ask a question?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending