The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jneill
Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 18.23.20.jpg

YES!!!! :lol:
Reply 1261
Guess what (although not at the moment it seems....)

The 12 most popular universities on The Student Room
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4549184
Original post by jneill

Oxford be like "we would have won if it wasn't for the 30 or so thousand illegal posts"
Original post by jneill

Surprised we're up there after the last couple of weeks' slowdown! I'm sweating revision as much as the next guy, but just where is everybody? I'm sure we nearly went 24 hours without a single post - a couple of months ago we were doing a page a day!
Original post by HolyRomanEmpire
Surprised we're up there after the last couple of weeks' slowdown! I'm sweating revision as much as the next guy, but just where is everybody? I'm sure we nearly went 24 hours without a single post - a couple of months ago we were doing a page a day!

I've neglected this thread so much tbh and honestly it is because im sweating it so much 😂 Got to that stage where I feel completely overwhelmed by a level content 😭😭
Original post by Ruthie2267
I've neglected this thread so much tbh and honestly it is because im sweating it so much 😂 Got to that stage where I feel completely overwhelmed by a level content 😭😭

Me too. Learning last year's History all over again has been a pain - and the coursework too, don't get me started! At least my offer has given me much needed motivation.
Me too. Learning last year's History all over again has been a pain - and the coursework too, don't get me started! At least my offer has given me much needed motivation.

I'm considering offering year 12s history revision tbh because I can't even make myself look at it 😭 I can't wait until this coursework is done ngl - how are you getting on with yours?

Last years content + this years content = 🔫🔫

I'm thinking of printing out a picture of my college tbh to remind me of why I need to revise 😂 I'm currently staring at psychology revision though for an assessment I have on Thursday and there is a lot to remember 👀 Who on earth thought Linear A Levels were a good idea?!??
I'm considering offering year 12s history revision tbh because I can't even make myself look at it 😭 I can't wait until this coursework is done ngl - how are you getting on with yours?

I'm thinking of printing out a picture of my college tbh to remind me of why I need to revise 😂 I'm currently staring at psychology revision though for an assessment I have on Thursday and there is a lot to remember 👀 Who on earth thought Linear A Levels were a good idea?!??

Yeah I think after we've finished Unit 3(?) in class we're going to have lessons and revision sessions with the Year 12s, hopefully it helps - we certainly need it. As for coursework we're all about a third to half way through, I really need to try and get it sorted over half term. Getting a bit sick of hearing about "Wannsee Conference", "Einsatzgruppen" and "Ian Kershaw" at the moment! I'd recommend printing out a picture of Cam or even photocopying your offer letter just for motivation - a Cambridge student I spoke to at an Oxbridge outreach event said that it worked for her. I'm debating changing my desktop and phone wallpapers to pics of the Uni as well just to keep it in my mind...
Yeah I think after we've finished Unit 3(?) in class we're going to have lessons and revision sessions with the Year 12s, hopefully it helps - we certainly need it. As for coursework we're all about a third to half way through, I really need to try and get it sorted over half term. Getting a bit sick of hearing about "Wannsee Conference", "Einsatzgruppen" and "Ian Kershaw" at the moment! I'd recommend printing out a picture of Cam or even photocopying your offer letter just for motivation - a Cambridge student I spoke to at an Oxbridge outreach event said that it worked for her. I'm debating changing my desktop and phone wallpapers to pics of the Uni as well just to keep it in my mind...

How far through are you with your Paper 3 topic? We finished ours before Christmas because our teacher's having to leave soon which was incredibly fast and not much has gone in unfortunately 😂 Also do you have any tips for the source questions because I feel like that's where I'm falling down a lot :frown:

Oh gosh tell me about it - if I have to write Madagascar Plan ever again I s2g 😂 The first thing I got asked in my interview was about thencoursework it was actually quite fun - but that was before I had to trawl through numerous interpretations trying to find something I could use 😓 You sound about the same stage as me though thank god!!

I think I'll definitely do the print out thing, but I don't want to change my phone wallpaper in case I desensitise myself :wink: it's so scary though isn't it, that we have an offer but it could slip through our grasp 😩

IMG_0020.jpg
Here's my motivational wall :wink: also have a picture as my phone background so whenever I get distracted I feel somewhat guilty for procrastinating (but not enough to stop)
Original post by liziepie
IMG_0020.jpg
Here's my motivational wall :wink: also have a picture as my phone background so whenever I get distracted I feel somewhat guilty for procrastinating (but not enough to stop)

TSR is telling me I can't rep you even though I've not been on this site in weeks 🙄

I like your wall! I might steal your idea of the calendar - there's nothing better to instil a sense of foreboding and dread than an easily viewable countdown to exams 👌💯💯❗️👌

Edit: just realised I'll have to take down my postcard collection to make room for this - the things im willing to do for Cambridge :wink:
IMG_0020.jpg

This is pretty much exactly what I've done :tongue: no idea if it's going to actually help lol i'm quite good at wilfully ignoring my guilt
TSR is telling me I can't rep you even though I've not been on this site in weeks 🙄

I like your wall! I might steal your idea of the calendar - there's nothing better to instil a sense of foreboding and dread than an easily viewable countdown to exams 👌💯💯❗️👌

Edit: just realised I'll have to take down my postcard collection to make room for this - the things im willing to do for Cambridge :wink:

Don't take your postcards down just move them to your other walls!! :tongue: nice to know someone else collects postcards hahaha

Thank you :h: :h: It certainly does help to see how little time we have left for revision :smile: Then again, it's a countdown to summer and (hopefully) Cambridge, so it's not too bad :wink: Was supposed to plan my revision on it but haven't done that yet as you can see LOL. Please show us your postcards, would love to see em :biggrin:
IMG_0020.jpg

Ooh where did you get the postcard of Selwyn? Me likey...
Original post by peachykeen
Don't take your postcards down just move them to your other walls!! :tongue: nice to know someone else collects postcards hahaha

Nice to know I'm not the only one 🙌 It's really annoying though because I don't actually go anywhere exciting 😭 I actually bought a cheeky cork board from the works when they were having a sale so might put that up and then I can have everything on there :wink:

Thank you :h: :h: It certainly does help to see how little time we have left for revision :smile: Then again, it's a countdown to summer and (hopefully) Cambridge, so it's not too bad :wink: Was supposed to plan my revision on it but haven't done that yet as you can see LOL. Please show us your postcards, would love to see em :biggrin:

You put a smiley face so I'm just imagining you smiling but crying inside :smile:
I've given up on revision timetables tbh I can never stick to them :frown:((

I'm at my dads rn and tomorrow night but I'll take a picture of my wonderful desk and postcards for you on Thursday if you really want to see 😂 (I've built it up too much now there's only a couple because I always forget to buy postcards until the last day :frown: I do have a cool wooden postcard though depicting one of the battles of one of the Anglo-Dutch wars!)
I swear, you guys seem to be putting in more work than I put in last year and this year combined. :lol:
Reply 1277
Original post by Zacken
I swear, you guys seem to be putting in more work than I put in last year and this year combined. :lol:

They're so keen.
Original post by Zacken

Haha, how much work did you do?!
When you need to work but all you can do is gorge yourself on Uncle Ben's risotto at nearly midnight and watch twitch streams.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending