The Student Room Group

DO you like the royal family?

Scroll to see replies

Kinda bland but good cultural icons I guess.
I've learnt to really respect the monarchy over the last few years. My irrational hatred of them was an infantile disposition that I grew out of.
I see the royal family as benefit scroungers, and should be demolished. They supported Hitler and his cause.
Original post by katierosemason1
I personally hate them, what are your views?

The queen should be made to retire at 60 then the throne passsed on to her son, i mean first of all what is the point of royalty as they don't actually do anything appart from bring in tourists and money and two it's like the queen sneezed once and they declare her ill, I think she should at least be making more appearances rather than eating off of gold plates and living in a house with around 600 rooms when refugees aren't allowed and people complain saying there is no space for them.

So NO I dislike the royal familly.
Original post by erkutakgok
I see the royal family as benefit scroungers, and should be demolished. They supported Hitler and his cause.

There was a 'private' picture released of the royal family making the Hitler sign and the result of this wasn't 'Why are they doing this?'

https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.UP2FwkCqp68NVjdCXthmaAEsDV&w=256&h=178&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&pid=1.7

It was 'It's unfair to publish a personal family photo'

The royal familly are of German blood so why are they rulers of Britain?
Original post by Sunshine1512
There was a 'private' picture released of the royal family making the Hitler sign and the result of this wasn't 'Why are they doing this?'

https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.UP2FwkCqp68NVjdCXthmaAEsDV&w=256&h=178&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&pid=1.7

It was 'It's unfair to publish a personal family photo'

The royal familly are of German blood so why are they rulers of Britain?

The royal family should be demolished along with the national anthem. Why should a fairtale character save a german nazi...
The royal family should be demolished along with the national anthem. Why should a fairtale character save a german nazi...

Exactly and now what with what has been going on with Donald Trump and the Queen visit, I couldn't agree more.

It's not like the country will fall apart if the royal familly is gone, they don't do much anyway.
The queen should be made to retire at 60 then the throne passsed on to her son, i mean first of all what is the point of royalty as they don't actually do anything appart from bring in tourists and money and two it's like the queen sneezed once and they declare her ill, I think she should at least be making more appearances rather than eating off of gold plates and living in a house with around 600 rooms when refugees aren't allowed and people complain saying there is no space for them.

So NO I dislike the royal familly.

That is now the point of the royal family. To bring in tourists and continue with traditions. The money then goes to the government.

And you are complaining that the queen isn't making more appearances because she "sneezed once and they declare her ill". She is 90 years old. Of course she isn't making many appearances.
Original post by stoyfan
That is now the point of the royal family. To bring in tourists and continue with traditions. The money then goes to the government.

And you are complaining that the queen isn't making more appearances because she "sneezed once and they declare her ill". She is 90 years old. Of course she isn't making many appearances.

Instead of relying on a bunch of german nazis, the government should just make amazon, google etc pay their share of f***ing taxes. With May as pm, the country has no hope of returning to its former glory. If J.Corbyn stands up and becomes more active the country might one day.
Instead of relying on a bunch of german nazis, the government should just make amazon, google etc pay their share of f***ing taxes. With May as pm, the country has no hope of returning to its former glory. If J.Corbyn stands up and becomes more active the country might one day.

Becuase apparently since 1 or 2 people from the Royal family did the hitler salute, all of them must be Nazis.

You gotta love that generalisation.
I think the queen has been good in her role. She has provided us with a stable system of government over her rein and has secured our constitutional system for the future. The role underpins all the institutions of state in our country.

I don't really care about personalities, the institution is much more important than that. They can spend all they want and sneer at us commoners till their heart is content. It doesn't change the fact that we need the monarchy.
Exactly and now what with what has been going on with Donald Trump and the Queen visit, I couldn't agree more.

It's not like the country will fall apart if the royal familly is gone, they don't do much anyway.

They are totally intertwined into our constitutional system. The country would completely fall apart. The entire system of government and law would need to be redesigned. You can't have parliament without the monarchy. You would need to write the constitution from scratch which would lead to huge political instability.

Sorting out Brexit is easy administratively compared to getting rid of the monarchy.
Don't love or hate em, ain't really bothered 😂

Under Jeremy Corbyn we could really sort out this country, I mean the royals get the best private doctors and people are dying, This is where we are going people, soon the NHS wll be privatized and then there are racist idiots out there blaming immigrants and refugees.

It is just ridiculous, We are supposed to be a democracy but are we really?
Original post by Sternumator
They are totally intertwined into our constitutional system. The country would completely fall apart. The entire system of government and law would need to be redesigned. You can't have parliament without the monarchy. You would need to write the constitution from scratch which would lead to huge political instability.

Sorting out Brexit is easy administratively compared to getting rid of the monarchy.

Why? They have no power in parliament. Getting rid of the monarchy is not a difficult task; just those daily mail readers to get rid of.
Under Jeremy Corbyn we could really sort out this country, I mean the royals get the best private doctors and people are dying, This is where we are going people, soon the NHS wll be privatized and then there are racist idiots out there blaming immigrants and refugees.

It is just ridiculous, We are supposed to be a democracy but are we really?

In jezza we trust.
Original post by RF_PineMarten
You apparently haven't noticed how much work the royal family do as diplomats. Some of them are involved in charities, and a number of them have served in the military.

"some of them", some of the time.
and they have an absolute abundance of time to do what they want
and obviously they'll attempt to do things that will make the monarchy look flashy
I mean, really, it's all water under the bridge
in whatever they do in life, they will be pampered and bum-kissed. prince harry in the military was probably on a deck chair with a martini while the other privates were actually training. I'm exaggerating, but the point I'm making is still real.
prince william got into st andrews uni (better than mine by a few league table positions) with far worse a levels than me - but his father's situation was way worse. he got a B and a C and got into cambridge. how is that justified? this is emblematic of the lives they lead, even in their "charitable" lives ffs.

Prince Charles has some involvement with organic farming, and William is qualified as a search and rescue pilot for example.

don't you think they could be doing WAY more than merely this with all the time and money they have?!

They are not "lazy" and they do not "do nothing and say nothing".

well you're just simply wrong
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 37
Love them.
Original post by zayn008
Love them.

Obvious troll is obvious.
Yes I loved the royal family omg that episode where nana died :cry2:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending