The Student Room Group
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website

Roehampton University Applicants & Offer Holders 2017 !

Haven't seen a thread like this for people applying to Roehampton this year so I thought I might start one :smile: Here's a template you can use (obviously replace my answers with yours LOL) but feel free to talk about whatever! :tongue:

Which course(s) have you applied for? Mass Communications

Have you got an offer? Yup! Conditional however if I firm it'll be unconditional.

What other unis have you applied to? West London, Kingston, Uni of Arts London and London Met (this was a last minute filler, really wish I chose Goldsmiths instead but oh well!)

Have you visited the uni yet? What do you think? I haven't visited it yet (I'm planning on going to the Offer Holder Day in February) but I've watched plenty of videos, seen lots of pictures and read lots and lots of things about it. I love how it's an actual campus and so close to central London. My course modules are also really interesting.

Are you planning to live in halls? If yes, are you thinking about any specific college? Yes- my course is under Southlands College however I like Digby College's accommodation etc more so I think I'll be applying to that. Whitelands College is probably the nicest but I'm too lazy to walk that far :biggrin:

What are you most looking forward to? Studying the subject I love, meeting new people and being even more independent.

Scroll to see replies

Which course(s) have you applied for? Creative Writing and Journalism

Have you got an offer? I've also got and unconditional offer if I firm Roehampton.

What other unis have you applied to? Lincoln, Chester (twice), Bath spa

Have you visited the uni yet? What do you think? I'm visiting in February, so excited! It looks like a wonderful university, especially with it being near the centre, as I don't live near London.

Are you planning to live in halls? If yes, are you thinking about any specific college? I would really like to live in Lee House, as I'll be in Digby Stuart and it would definitely be easier.

What are you most looking forward to? Independently studying in a city full of culture.
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website
Which course(s) have you applied for? Psychology c:
Have you got an offer? unconditional offer if I firm Roehampton.
What other unis have you applied to? UEA, Bedfordshire, Essex and Loughborough
Have you visited the uni yet? What do you think? I visited last year and they were super friendly. The grounds are so beautiful and the teachers actually seemed to care about their subjects c: (if anyone has any other questions please feel free to ask ^-^)
Are you planning to live in halls? If yes, are you thinking about any specific college? Yes, probably Whitelands because its closest to the psychology block where i will be studying ^-^
What are you most looking forward to? Studying interesting modules and being independant at uni, terrifying but hopefully the people around me will be nice c:
Which course(s) have you applied for? Criminology
Have you got an offer? Unconditional offer if I firm Roehampton.
What other unis have you applied to? West London, Surrey, St Mary's, London South Bank
Have you visited the uni yet? What do you think? I visited last year and I loved it! Everyone seemed really kind and friendly, even though it was chucking it down with rain that day XD haha
Are you planning to live in halls? If yes, are you thinking about any specific college? No, I'll be living at home since I live about 30-40 mins away from the campus
What are you most looking forward to? Studying interesting modules, learning new things, hopefully meet a good group of people and just enjoy my time there. If anyone else is going to Roehampton in Sept 2017 please feel free to chat to with me :smile:
Which course(s) have you applied for? Human Resource Management

Have you got an offer? Got an unconditional offer.I am going to accept it.

What other unis have you applied to? Greenwich,Middlesex,Westminster and UEL

Have you visited the uni yet? What do you think? Not yet but will do very soon on a next open day hopefully.

Are you planning to live in halls? If yes, are you thinking about any specific college? I would probably live in unis accommodation as its the best way to enjoy the student life at its peak.

What are you most looking forward to? Be in that educational environment after a 2 year gap in my studies,and obviously meet new people out there.
Reply 5
Ping me any questions you have
Which course(s) have you applied for? Business Management

Have you got an offer? I accepted an unconditional offer soon after I received it! :biggrin:

What other unis have you applied to? Goldsmiths, Queens, Chichester, Aston

Have you visited the uni yet? What do you think? I haven't had a chance to visit just yet but I will be attending the offer holder day in February and I'm pretty excited for it!

Are you planning to live in halls? If yes, are you thinking about any specific college? That's the plan! I will likely stay in Southlands as that's where my course is but it's all dependent of finances

What are you most looking forward to? There's a hell of a lot but I'd say things of note are meeting new people, the independence of uni life, and being in London!

If anyone is looking to build some bridges before the year starts I'm always open to chatting with friendly folks! Feel free to send a message my way!
Reply 7
Don't worry about getting the accommodation where your lectures are. Mine are on Southlands and I got Digby accommodation, I can wake up at 8:45 and be showered and on time to a 9am lecture, literally a minute walk. Only one that is longer is Whitelands, which is a 10/15 minute walk.
Original post by luke.spencer98

Have you got an offer? I accepted an unconditional offer soon after I received it! :biggrin:

What other unis have you applied to? Goldsmiths, Queens, Chichester, Aston

Have you visited the uni yet? What do you think? I haven't had a chance to visit just yet but I will be attending the offer holder day in February and I'm pretty excited for it!

Are you planning to live in halls? If yes, are you thinking about any specific college? That's the plan! I will likely stay in Southlands as that's where my course is but it's all dependent of finances

What are you most looking forward to? There's a hell of a lot but I'd say things of note are meeting new people, the independence of uni life, and being in London!

If anyone is looking to build some bridges before the year starts I'm always open to chatting with friendly folks! Feel free to send a message my way!

Hay Luke.I have also accepted an unconditional offer and my course is HRManagement.i wanna know that have you received their response after accepting that offer and have u got the offer pack??i will also be in southlands.hopefuly see u there.:smile:
Original post by sufianimtiaz605
Hay Luke.I have also accepted an unconditional offer and my course is HRManagement.i wanna know that have you received their response after accepting that offer and have u got the offer pack??i will also be in southlands.hopefuly see u there.:smile:

I received a few emails but nothing specifically acknowledging that I have accepted the offer other than what's on UCAS. I don't think there have been any issues because I still get updates from them but I plan to confirm that on the offer holder day. Your best bet would be to either ask at an open day/offer holder day or email them if you're not planning to attend any of those before September.
I received a few emails but nothing specifically acknowledging that I have accepted the offer other than what's on UCAS. I don't think there have been any issues because I still get updates from them but I plan to confirm that on the offer holder day. Your best bet would be to either ask at an open day/offer holder day or email them if you're not planning to attend any of those before September.[/QUO

OK thanks for your quick reply.I have booked my place on offer holder day and received their confirmation.Did you find this best out of your 5 choices?and if you dont min telling that on which basis?
[QUOTE="sufianimtiaz605;69991982"]
I received a few emails but nothing specifically acknowledging that I have accepted the offer other than what's on UCAS. I don't think there have been any issues because I still get updates from them but I plan to confirm that on the offer holder day. Your best bet would be to either ask at an open day/offer holder day or email them if you're not planning to attend any of those before September.[/QUO

OK thanks for your quick reply.I have booked my place on offer holder day and received their confirmation.Did you find this best out of your 5 choices?and if you dont min telling that on which basis?

Well each of my choices had pros and cons, but Roehampton was in London which was one thing I really wanted, they offered me an unconditional, and they have a study abroad program. All of these factors basically made it my best option out of those I picked, though I wouldn't necessarily say it's the best academically (one of my options was a russell group university)
[QUOTE="luke.spencer98;69992236"]
Original post by sufianimtiaz605

Well each of my choices had pros and cons, but Roehampton was in London which was one thing I really wanted, they offered me an unconditional, and they have a study abroad program. All of these factors basically made it my best option out of those I picked, though I wouldn't necessarily say it's the best academically (one of my options was a russell group university)

Sounds quiet reasonable.And ranking doesn't matter too much as far as i think.The thing which matters is what you wanna get as all of them offers more or less the same.Hope for the best and its really beautiful and leafy campus with allot of classical sceneries.Will enjoy allot.Tc.See u
Reply 13
Which course(s) have you applied for? Criminology.

Have you got an offer? Yes, conditional.

What other unis have you applied to? Glyndwr, Derby, Birmingham City and Keele.

Have you visited the uni yet? What do you think? I haven't had a chance to visit just yet (i'm living 5hrs away from London) but I will be there in two weeks.

Are you planning to live in halls? If yes, are you thinking about any specific college? Yep! I will choose any that can provide an en-suite bedroom and make me possible stay there all the three years...

What are you most looking forward to? Living in London (i never been there) and try to find nice societies to make new friends.

Anyone knows if Roehampton have any club/society of Martial Arts/ Combat Sports? ;-)
As Portuguese will be difficult for me to integrate on the Roe's environment?

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by Alex Pt
Which course(s) have you applied for? Criminology.

Have you got an offer? Yes, conditional.

What other unis have you applied to? Glyndwr, Derby, Birmingham City and Keele.

Have you visited the uni yet? What do you think? I haven't had a chance to visit just yet (i'm living 5hrs away from London) but I will be there in two weeks.

Are you planning to live in halls? If yes, are you thinking about any specific college? Yep! I will choose any that can provide an en-suite bedroom and make me possible stay there all the three years...

What are you most looking forward to? Living in London (i never been there) and try to find nice societies to make new friends.

Anyone knows if Roehampton have any club/society of Martial Arts/ Combat Sports? ;-)
As Portuguese will be difficult for me to integrate on the Roe's environment?

Fair few Portuguese speakers here iirc and there is a kickboxing society. Also a boxing club that takes place just down the road one week and at the uni the next week.
(edited 7 years ago)
Which course(s) have you applied for? Film and creative writing

Have you got an offer? Yes!!! Unconditional

What other unis have you applied to? University of Hertfordshire, Leeds University ,De Montfort and Kingston University

Have you visited the uni yet? What do you think? I haven't visited it yet, but I'm planning to in April on the offer hold days. It looks lovely

Are you planning to live in halls? If yes, are you thinking about any specific college? Yes hopefully living at Digby College's accommodation

What are you most looking forward to? Studying the subject I love, meeting new people and being even more independent and being in control of my own success.

I was wondering if anyone else was applying for the same course on me, on the same day. I'm going on y own and it would be helpful if i knew someone before i go, especially since i live about 3 hours away bu train.
Which course(s) have you applied for? English Literature
Have you got an offer? Yes, I have a conditional offer :smile:
What other unis have you applied to? Southampton Solent University, University of Birmingham, University of Kent, University of Edinburgh
Have you visited the uni yet? What do you think? I went to an Open Day in November and at first even though I was stunned by how beautiful the campus is and how nice everything is - I just couldn't see myself there. However, after I spoke to a lector about my course I immediately loved it. I love how passionate the professors and students are about the subjects they are teaching/studying. I'm not absolutely sure if I'll choose to go to Roe as I'm a bit sceptical about my chances for employability in the future.
Are you planning to live in halls? If yes, are you thinking about any specific college? Yes. Maybe Digby College? idk
What are you most looking forward to? Studying what I'm passionate about in my favourite college, meeting fun new people and just basically uni life :3
Reply 17

Have you got an offer? Yes, but it's a conditional offer.

What other unis have you applied to? Greenwich, South Bank

Have you visited the uni yet? What do you think? Yes and I love it!

Are you planning to live in halls? If yes, are you thinking about any specific college? Yes- but I don't know yet where exactly.

What are you most looking forward to? Meeting new people and studying what I like.
Which course(s) have you applied for? Film and Creative Writing

Have you got an offer? Unconditional if I firm

What other unis have you applied to? Southampton, Sussex, Reading and Kent University

Have you visited the uni yet? What do you think? I visited on one of the open days and absolutely loved it! So much greenery for a part of London.

Are you planning to live in halls? If yes, are you thinking about any specific college? Yeah, hoping to go into one of the Southlands accomodations!

What are you most looking forward to? Meeting everyone, and also studying a very theoretical side to film.
Which course(s) have you applied for? Classical Civilisation and History

Have you got an offer? Unconditional

What other unis have you applied to? Kent, UCL, Kings college , royal Holloway

Have you visited the uni yet? What do you think? Nope but happy with Roehmapton

Are you planning to live in halls? If yes, are you thinking about any specific college? No I live here in london

What are you most looking forward to? Learning more interesting things with history and meeting new people ! Is anyone going to be doing classics or history ? Also what's the deal with freshers the fb page has me baffled ? XD
Thank you !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending