The Student Room Group

Me trying to sing

Yeaaaa I'm one of those insecure people who's just about to post vocaroo links of themselves attempting to sing because I'm like that

http://vocaroo.com/i/s05xoq5sCnU0
http://vocaroo.com/i/s19DofpYO9LU

Also I've never really 'sung' in public before and I know I've messed up at least a dozen times so yeah, just warning you

Can this thread be kept in Everyday Issues btw? I really want to stay Anon :/

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Am I really that bad? :redface:
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Am I really that bad? :redface:

Your voice is great for karaoke.

Take some singing lessons if you're that passionate, that's what I did. It's really fun and you learn a lot.
Yas b1tch SLAY
You're actually really good
I sing, if you love it then stick with it :h:
Reply 5
Original post by EC

Take some singing lessons if you're that passionate, that's what I did. It's really fun and you learn a lot.

Hi, thank you for the response! I've been considering singing lessons except there's also a part of me that's very self-conscious when singing in front of actual people :redface: Is there any other way I could improve?

Also sorry about the microphone quality, the laptop microphone was the only one I could use
Reply 6
Original post by A-LJLB
You're actually really good
I sing, if you love it then stick with it :h:

Thank you!

I do love singing, but I don't exactly see myself having a career with it or even taking it further even though a part of me wants to :/
Thank you!

I do love singing, but I don't exactly see myself having a career with it or even taking it further even though a part of me wants to :/

You don't have to have a career in it, I'm not, but if it's something you love then just continue doing it :smile:
Reply 8
Hi, thank you for the response! I've been considering singing lessons except there's also a part of me that's very self-conscious when singing in front of actual people :redface: Is there any other way I could improve?

Also sorry about the microphone quality, the laptop microphone was the only one I could use

You could learn by yourself how to improve your singing technique and your voice. But you don't have to be ashamed, seriously.

I'm sure people would appreciate your voice.
Reply 9
Original post by A-LJLB
You don't have to have a career in it, I'm not, but if it's something you love then just continue doing it :smile:

Fair enough, and I guess I could :tongue: Would I be able to join choirs at uni or something?
WOW....that is rly good!
while i sound like a dying pig
Original post by EC
You could learn by yourself how to improve your singing technique and your voice. But you don't have to be ashamed, seriously.

I'm sure people would appreciate your voice.

Lol I can't help it because I just am that insecure in general

Can you recommend any exercises I can do or anything?
Original post by tamil fever
WOW....that is rly good!
while i sound like a dying pig

Lmao I'm sure you don't

Singing is one of those things that improves with practice. Literally anyone can become a good singer with dedication. :smile:
You sound pretty good.

I just played back myself, the result was definitely not good. ****ing lisp. :frown:
Fair enough, and I guess I could :tongue: Would I be able to join choirs at uni or something?

Of course you could!
Original post by cbreef
Singing is one of those things that improves with practice. Literally anyone can become a good singer with dedication. :smile:

Anyone might be able to become a good singer, yes, but what about a great singer?

I just wish I was naturally really good at singing so that maybe with practise I could have been able to maybe perform somewhere or something idk
Original post by EC

That is such an insult :rofl:
Original post by Sabertooth
You sound pretty good.

I just played back myself, the result was definitely not good. ****ing lisp. :frown:

Thanks, any suggestions for improvement?

One of my friends has a lisp...
Also I made another recording if it helps at all

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0dQtviicngx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending