The Student Room Group

2017 Oxford Prospective Students [part 2]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by Kalikumar
One of my friend requested for feed back after his rejection and the college came back and said to him his decision is now under consideration. The college made some mistake and he will hear back before 31st.

Conversely, is some poor person about to have their offer withdrawn?
Original post by MJ6987

I hope they won't do that! I think they'll over offer in these circumstances, but not sure :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MJ6987

i don't think they can do that. Some people could miss offers/choose not to go so it could even out. However, if it does end up they have more anticipated for that course it's their own fault for messing up admin in the first place
Reply 323
Has anyone not gotten their track updated? I've gotten an offer but it hasn't shown up on track yet.
Original post by felecita
Is the FB offer holders group very active? For some reason my request to join hasn't been approved... not that is has been rejected or anything, it's just been a week or so since I requested to join and I can see the membership count has gone up

Maybe this is a sign I shouldn't go to Oxford :dontknow:

Same! I've joined one of the groups that's had quite a bit of activity and 1k+ members (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1806349706278661/) but the other one with more members hasn't added me either
Original post by k0g
Has anyone not gotten their track updated? I've gotten an offer but it hasn't shown up on track yet.

Mine was only updated Thursday evening, so perhaps yours will be done early next week?
Original post by Lauren1498x
thanks for replying, do you know how he requested the feedback? wondering if i should just reply to the rejection email. what college and subject was your friend?

He applied for Physics. I do not know the college.
Original post by k0g

Same. Nothing through on track yet. Did you get an offer from a different college than the one you applied to?

edit: The offer on UCAS has now come through 😄
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 328
Original post by jweath
Same. Nothing through on track yet. Did you get an offer from a different college than the one you applied to?

edit: The offer on UCAS has now come through 😄

same for me!
Hello! I am new to this site, and discussion. My name is Ashley and I applied to the Mst. Creative Writing program for the January 20th deadline. I was wondering how long it typically takes to be offered an interview, if you are going to be. Should I stop holding my breath if I haven't heard anything by now? :-/
Original post by admartin0616
Hello! I am new to this site, and discussion. My name is Ashley and I applied to the Mst. Creative Writing program for the January 20th deadline. I was wondering how long it typically takes to be offered an interview, if you are going to be. Should I stop holding my breath if I haven't heard anything by now? :-/

Hi Ashley :smile:

This thread is usually for undergraduates, I think there is a postgraduate thread somewhere on this site.

Good luck with your application *^O^*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh, Thank you! I'll try to find it.

Original post by wolfmoon88
Hi Ashley :smile:

This thread is usually for undergraduates, I think there is a postgraduate thread somewhere on this site.

Good luck with your application *^O^*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by admartin0616
Ahh, Thank you! I'll try to find it.

No problem :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey!
Stupid question- but is there any way Oxford could withdraw their offer?
Like what if you apply for a scholarship and in case you don't get it, you still hold your offer right?
Original post by blehxxx
Hey!
Stupid question- but is there any way Oxford could withdraw their offer?
Like what if you apply for a scholarship and in case you don't get it, you still hold your offer right?

You still hold your offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wolfmoon88
You still hold your offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! :smile:
This thread is so dead compared to the other place's! Oh the shame
Original post by drriversong

:biggrin: guilty!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Duh-di-diddly-diddly, duh-di-diddly-diddly, dum, dum-dum-dum!

(I felt the need.)
Reply 339

(2 days later....)
We need to liven it up!! How are you guys doing? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending