The Student Room Group

Which is the best country for master in Chemistry?

Which is the best country for master in Chemistry, Netherlands or England?
Reply 1
That is like asking which the best country to go shopping in is.

I think the shopping is better in Birmingham than in Wigan.

Likewise, I expect the shopping in Arcen will be not as good as in Utrecht.
If you're looking for 'degree quality', the country is probably immaterial for you at this stage.

If you want to go to university in the Netherlands, do it. If you just want a high quality/well renowned degree, then apply for Oxbridge/whatever good university in this country. There are many world-class universities in this country. No doubt there are universities of equal quality in the Netherlands. But that shouldn't really be the basis of your decision.
Reply 3
I have been accepted to Manchester, Edinburgh, Sheffield and Birmingham in UK and in a uni in the Netherlands which is not so high in rankings but the programme take place in industrial site which is very important for job oppurtunities. Also, financially despite the fact that tuition fees in UK are much higher, with the student loan and the fact that the master is for one year, finally it is more economical. Which Uni from these four in UK do you think is better for a chemistry master or has better degree quality and give you job opportunities?
Original post by Nikos D
I have been accepted to Manchester, Edinburgh, Sheffield and Birmingham in UK and in a uni in the Netherlands which is not so high in rankings but the programme take place in industrial site which is very important for job oppurtunities. Also, financially despite the fact that tuition fees in UK are much higher, with the student loan and the fact that the master is for one year, finally it is more economical. Which Uni from these four in UK do you think is better for a chemistry master or has better degree quality and give you job opportunities?

They're all good, so far as the UK ones.

Don't be so scared about job opportunities. I can guarantee you that it isn't the uni you go to that will decide your success at getting a job.

Quick Reply

Latest