The Student Room Group

If a girl you asked out just wanted to be your friend but ...

...refused to hook you up with her other female friends when you ask, even though it's obvious some of them are single, would it be justified to count her as a bad friend.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No, just because she rejected you or friendzoned you, whatever you want to call it, it doesn't mean she's obliged to hook you up with her female friends. Why you'd even ask is beyond me... Not surprised she said no to that.
Reply 2
Original post by UWS
No, just because she rejected you or friendzoned you, whatever you want to call it, it doesn't mean she's obliged to hook you up with her female friends. Why you'd even ask is beyond me... Not surprised she said no to that.

What's wrong with asking, I'm not saying she should introduce me to them directly(in case it doesn't work out and she gets blamed for it), I'm just saying she should let me know when she got some fun event with them and bring me over.

After all she knows that I want to go out with someone, so like a good friend she should recommend someone/something for me rather than just giving a straight no, I'm sure any guy friends would have done the same.
Reply 3
Original post by kenni12
What's wrong with asking, I'm not saying she should introduce me to them directly(in case it doesn't work out and she gets blamed for it), I'm just saying she should let me know when she got some fun event with them and bring me over.

After all she knows that I want to go out with someone, so like a good friend she should recommend someone/something for me rather than just giving a straight no, I'm sure any guy friends would have done the same.

Did you come across as desperate? How long did you wait between asking her out and asking her to hook up? Just because she didn't want to hook you up with her friends it doesn't make her a bad friend, maybe she legitimately doesn't know anyone to hook you up with or she's just not the matchmaker type.
Original post by kenni12
...refused to hook you up with her other female friends when you ask, even though it's obvious some of them are single, would it be justified to count her as a bad friend.

no but you shoudnt use her to get other girls either
Original post by kenni12

No, why would she have to introduce you to her friends? :erm:
Reply 6
She didn't want to be your friend at the first place, "we can be friends" are the meaningless words used so people don't feel too bad. Furthermore, it's her social circle, and she doesn't want you to enter it.
Reply 7
Original post by UWS
Did you come across as desperate? How long did you wait between asking her out and asking her to hook up? Just because she didn't want to hook you up with her friends it doesn't make her a bad friend, maybe she legitimately doesn't know anyone to hook you up with or she's just not the matchmaker type.

OK, if I asked why and she gave me that excuse, I'd get it
Reply 8
Original post by CleverSquirrel
no but you shoudnt use her to get other girls either

Original post by shadowdweller
No, why would she have to introduce you to her friends? :erm:

Well friends help out each other when they can right, so why wouldn't she if she could.

I'd do the same for any friend if I could and if she asked, since it's clear that there's no possiblity of mutual attachment between us.
(edited 7 years ago)
Yeh, she's not a being a friend at all.

Friends help friends hook up. She's being a cockblocking, selfish, princess. She thinks you're not good enough for her (only fit to be her jester), and not even good enough for her friends.

Ask her why she's being such a btich.
Original post by kenni12

No she is not a bad friend and nor is she obliged to try and hook you up with her friends.
Original post by Rock Fan
No she is not a bad friend and nor is she obliged to try and hook you up with her friends.

There used to be a Swiss company that made cameras equipment. It was called Bolex, and that's what the statement above is.

A friendzoney girl wants to have a bloke be her friend - like she's a dude, or he's a girl. No romance - just friends. Well, there's no way she wouldn't be doing as much as she could to hook her girlfriends up. Equally, if she were a man, she'd be a pariah for not helping his boys out.

She wants to be his mate and give him a load of *look but don't touch*, full well that he has been sexually interested in her - and not only that, doesn't want him to start anything with one of her friends either.

The way this goes down is that he goes off and finds himself a gf somewhere else, and lo and behold, friendzone girl gets drunk and makes out with him one time.
Ask them yourselves lmao this is why you got friendzoned in the first place.
Reply 13

I'm not saying that I'm entitled to her friends.

I'm basically just asking if she can't give you the good company similar to that of your male friends and she's does more of bringing up topics about her relationships/crushes(which she knows I can't even relate to) than helping you get into a relationship, should you avoid keeping company with her?

It's almost like having a rich friend who always talks more about being rich than helping you as a poor guy to get rich(especially after you asked him to recommend a job and he refused), it's emotionally torturing.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by kenni12
Well friends help out each other when they can right, so why wouldn't she if she could.

I'd do the same for any friend if I could and if she asked, since it's clear that there's no possiblity of mutual attachment between us.

She has no obligation to, however, and it's not making her a bad friend if she doesn't. It may also give a bad impression if she rejected you and you immediately asked her to hook you up with her friends; it doesn't make it seem like you're in it for the right reasons.
Original post by kenni12
I'm not saying that I'm entitled to her friends.

I'm basically just asking if she can't give me the good company similar to that of my male friends and she's does more of bringing up topics about her relationships/crushes(which she knows I can't even relate to) than helping you get into a relationship, should you avoid keeping company with her?

It's almost like having a rich friend who always talks more about being rich than helping you to get rich(especially after you asked him to recommend a job and he refused), it's emotionally torturing.

Like I said she doesn't have to hook you up, to be honest if you think you should avoid her completely for that then she deserves a better friend than you.
Reply 16
Original post by shadowdweller
She has no obligation to, however, and it's not making her a bad friend if she doesn't. It may also give a bad impression if she rejected you and you immediately asked her to hook you up with her friends; it doesn't make it seem like you're in it for the right reasons.

Respond to post #14 please
Reply 17
Like I said she doesn't have to hook you up, to be honest if you think you should avoid her completely for that then she deserves a better friend than you.

So because I'd rather focus on getting into a relationship then hearing about someone's relationship/crush, that makes me the bad guy, is that what you're saying?.
Original post by kenni12

Um no. Firstly, you only accepted to be her friend in hopes of being more in the future then when you realised that you weren't going any further you asked her to hook up with her friends. You're only using her either way here, seems like you're the bad friend, sorry bud.
Original post by kenni12
So because I'd rather focus on getting into a relationship then hearing about someone's relationship/crush, that makes me the bad guy, is that what you're saying?.

Not saying you are a bad guy but don't say she is in the wrong here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending