The Student Room Group

LGBTQ+ Survey

Hi I'm researching for my EPQ and I'd really appreciate if you could answer a few questions.

EPQ Survey

Title: How has increased understanding of the transgender community allowed for increased understanding of the transgender community?

If you do not wish to answer any of the questions just put blank next to the number.

Questions:

1) Age?
2) Gender?
3) In your opinion what constitutes a person’s gender?
4) Are you yourself transgender/gender non-conforming?
5) Do you know anyone who is transgender/gender non-conforming?
6) Do you believe there is currently enough transgender/gender non-conforming role models/representation in today’s media?
7) If not why do you believe this is the case and how do you think increased representation could be achieved?
8) Do you believe there is enough information available for those in the transgender community?
9) Do you think there should be increased education in schools regarding those who are gender non-conforming?
10) Would you feel comfortable sharing the bathroom with a transgender/gender non-conforming individual?
11) Do you believe enough is being done to support/protect transgender individuals? Why?
12) Do you believe acceptance towards transgender individuals has increased or decreased? Why? What do you think caused this?
1) 28
2) Non-binary
3) Self concept
4) Yes - the latter
5) Yes
6) No
7) I don't know enough to give a definite answer - possible lack of transgender/gender non-conforming people applying for roles in the media, or discrimination against those who do?
8) If you are computer literate and have access to the internet, yes
9) Yes
10) Yes - it would be hypocritical not to!
11) I believe more can always be done, until (hopefully) the time comes when stigma against them is reduced.
12) Increased (here in the UK at least) compared with when I was younger, due to new anti-discrimination laws, and society becoming more accepting of each others differences in general.
Original post by CielPhant0mhive
Hi I'm researching for my EPQ and I'd really appreciate if you could answer a few questions.

EPQ Survey

Title: How has increased understanding of the transgender community allowed for increased understanding of the transgender community?

If you do not wish to answer any of the questions just put blank next to the number.

Questions:

1) Age?
2) Gender?
3) In your opinion what constitutes a person’s gender?
4) Are you yourself transgender/gender non-conforming?
5) Do you know anyone who is transgender/gender non-conforming?
6) Do you believe there is currently enough transgender/gender non-conforming role models/representation in today’s media?
7) If not why do you believe this is the case and how do you think increased representation could be achieved?
8) Do you believe there is enough information available for those in the transgender community?
9) Do you think there should be increased education in schools regarding those who are gender non-conforming?
10) Would you feel comfortable sharing the bathroom with a transgender/gender non-conforming individual?
11) Do you believe enough is being done to support/protect transgender individuals? Why?
12) Do you believe acceptance towards transgender individuals has increased or decreased? Why? What do you think caused this?

1. 16
2. Female
3. What the believe they are - e.g mental state of personal ideology :tongue:
4. No
5. No
6. Idk :s-smilie:
Reply 3
1) Age? 17
2) Gender? Male
3) In your opinion what constitutes a person’s gender? Whatever that individual believes themselves to be.
4) Are you yourself transgender/gender non-conforming? No
5) Do you know anyone who is transgender/gender non-conforming? Not personally
6) Do you believe there is currently enough transgender/gender non-conforming role models/representation in today’s media? Could be more
7) If not why do you believe this is the case and how do you think increased representation could be achieved? If more people accepted it, people wouldn't be as afraid to admit their true belief.
8) Do you believe there is enough information available for those in the transgender community? No idea, as I'm not apart of it.
9) Do you think there should be increased education in schools regarding those who are gender non-conforming? I suppose there could be so that people can understand each other better.
10) Would you feel comfortable sharing the bathroom with a transgender/gender non-conforming individual? Sure, why not
11) Do you believe enough is being done to support/protect transgender individuals? Why? Probably not, most people that are transgender are generally ridiculed for what they harmlessly believe in.
12) Do you believe acceptance towards transgender individuals has increased or decreased? Why? What do you think caused this? Increased, people are slowly becoming more open-minded which is probably why.
Reply 4
1) 17
2) Male
3) Their gender assigned at birth (by biology)
4) No
5) Yes
6) Yes
7) N/A
8) Yes
9) No
10) No
11) Yes. Although, as I say in the next question, media attention has caused more division among society, the attention has brought more awareness to issues with transgender people and has raised more support for them. This is especially present in the education system.
12) Decreased. I believe this is because of the division caused by media and politics which has caused less tolerance in society towards these people. From my experience, nobody really speaks out about the division that is caused by being afraid of being ridiculed but when in a safe, private area they share their private views on transgender people which is less accepting.
(edited 4 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending