UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

London college of fashion application 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Kagiaa
Omg tell me about it 😂😭 I'm just hoping all this dreaming about London is for a reason as like you it's all I want tbh too.
I have a lot to do for college too but I'm putting it off for uni haha. As I know I can do all my mood boards for college in march. In college we do all our practical in college as they don't allow you to use work you've done outside (so annoying) so the only thing really are the assignments which I have done most by now and the mood boards so I don't have as much to do lucky with my course. And I am not happy with what we have to do for college anyway.
I'm sure they would be fine as it's the same idea but for college so they will be able to see how you work either way. I don't see a problem it's just I hate how dumbed down we are in our college system.
Aw thanks haha. My own makeup I do on myself is on my intagram @bekkaharvey_mua and if you wanna see my photoshoot work it's on www.bekkaharveymua.wixsite.com/portfolio
I'd love to see your stuff! I love photography too really. Have a little Sony a5100.

you're not allowed to use stuff outside of college?? That just seems really frustrating omg. For us we get given a type of subject to work on and we can put in whatever we want as long as it relates to the topic, for example we're doing dreams and nightmares right now. Literally same, with college work and sketchbooks you have like a structured look to it and it doesn't look creative at all 😂 Hopefully they'll see the potential in my work but you never know what theyre looking for

Oh my god, your stuff is actually amazing. I didn't expect that, I'll be really confused if they don't accept you tbh. I don't really have a website at the moment, I just have a flickr I've been using to send to my tutor. www.flickr.com/photos/145584394@N08/?
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Which uni is better Southampton, LCF or U for the creative arts. What do you think? :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by weronikaiglewska
Which uni is better Southampton, LCF or U for the creative arts. What do you think? :smile:

Honestly, I don't really know. They all kind of have their own thing to them, if you get what I mean?? I did look into Southampton for fashion photography but overall I just felt that LCF would get me what to where I want better. So I think it all depends on where you want to go with your course and weighing out the pros and the cons of them all. For example LCF is all fashion and for me that's exactly where I want to work in and I feel like they have some really good connections. But I don't think it matters to much where you go, just as long as you like it. I've also applied for Coventry University and Leeds College of Art
Reply 23
Original post by paige458
you're not allowed to use stuff outside of college?? That just seems really frustrating omg. For us we get given a type of subject to work on and we can put in whatever we want as long as it relates to the topic, for example we're doing dreams and nightmares right now. Literally same, with college work and sketchbooks you have like a structured look to it and it doesn't look creative at all 😂 Hopefully they'll see the potential in my work but you never know what theyre looking for

Oh my god, your stuff is actually amazing. I didn't expect that, I'll be really confused if they don't accept you tbh. I don't really have a website at the moment, I just have a flickr I've been using to send to my tutor. www.flickr.com/photos/145584394@N08/?

Nope, so all the shoots you seen on my website I can't use haha so I have to use silly iPhone pics in the makeup room we work in 🙃.
Yeah I think that too with college sketchbooks but depends on the course I think idk. Just do like a couple for yourself so you can show them you've done a few for personal use? As you don't have time one or two would do the job
Yeah basically we just have to think they like us , until the interviews we will have to wait haha.

Aw thank you! I am pretty happy with what I've done considering I've only started doing shoots since September.
Well I'll hope the people over at the uni think so too 😭
I love your photos! I can definitely see you have a style and it suits lcf well I'd say so you shouldn't have anything to worry about and you have a range of photos too.
I don't have flicker. Is it good?
Reply 24
Original post by Kagiaa
Nope, so all the shoots you seen on my website I can't use haha so I have to use silly iPhone pics in the makeup room we work in 🙃.
Yeah I think that too with college sketchbooks but depends on the course I think idk. Just do like a couple for yourself so you can show them you've done a few for personal use? As you don't have time one or two would do the job
Yeah basically we just have to think they like us , until the interviews we will have to wait haha.

Aw thank you! I am pretty happy with what I've done considering I've only started doing shoots since September.
Well I'll hope the people over at the uni think so too 😭
I love your photos! I can definitely see you have a style and it suits lcf well I'd say so you shouldn't have anything to worry about and you have a range of photos too.
I don't have flicker. Is it good?

Ugh, that sucks because it's like surely at the end of the day you're still doing make up and it's for work purposes so you'd think it would count 🤔🤔🤔🤔 and taking it on an iPhone camera, that blows cause you'd loose detail
I think I might just print a whole load of photos and use magazines and just make a ton of moodboards and plans. I think it's like 3/2 weeks left until the supposed time for the interviews 😪

Like I said I'd be surprised if they didn't consider you. You're stuff is really good and so pretty 😭 You've also done work on photoshoots so that counts as experience, I'm assuming. I really do hope you get in!
I'm low-key worried that they say I'd be better suited for the photography course and not fashion photography because I don't want to anything BUT fashion photography. Like I said I've only just started a year ago and I've had to do all the make up, hair and clothes by myself so I feel like I'm at a disadvantage, but we'll have to see. And I don't really use Flickr, so I wouldn't know. I was just using it to email my teacher potential portfolio photos over half break because it was faster than sending through email
Reply 25
Ugh, that sucks because it's like surely at the end of the day you're still doing make up and it's for work purposes so you'd think it would count 🤔🤔🤔🤔 and taking it on an iPhone camera, that blows cause you'd loose detail
I think I might just print a whole load of photos and use magazines and just make a ton of moodboards and plans. I think it's like 3/2 weeks left until the supposed time for the interviews 😪

Like I said I'd be surprised if they didn't consider you. You're stuff is really good and so pretty 😭 You've also done work on photoshoots so that counts as experience, I'm assuming. I really do hope you get in!
I'm low-key worried that they say I'd be better suited for the photography course and not fashion photography because I don't want to anything BUT fashion photography. Like I said I've only just started a year ago and I've had to do all the make up, hair and clothes by myself so I feel like I'm at a disadvantage, but we'll have to see. And I don't really use Flickr, so I wouldn't know. I was just using it to email my teacher potential portfolio photos over half break because it was faster than sending through email

Have to do it in college for the teacher to see us doing it. Especially for formatives and summatives which give us our mark 😭
Have all my camera and lighting equipment at home but would never bring it in as don't want to leave it by accident and too much stuff. Just annoying tbh.
Yeah I'm doing that atm and it's actually giving me ideas for looks and things. Been enjoying scrap booking.

Ah that means a lot honestly! I really hope they think that. As I don't want to go anywhere else so.
I wouldn't think they'd do that as I can see how you'd be suited for the fashion photography but if you get the interview just keep stressing to them how you enjoy the fashion side! That would definitely help them see that's what you want. You should say you do all that as it shows you're not just a photographer.
Do you have an Instagram?
I got my offer today for fashion marketing so happy !!!
Reply 27

Ahh, I'm so happy for you! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Is London your first choice??
Ahh, I'm so happy for you! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Is London your first choice??

I'm not sure. I'm also thinking about Southampton. I really don't know which one I should choose.
Reply 29

Well done! did you have an interview? What did you have to do for ual?
Original post by Kagiaa
Well done! did you have an interview? What did you have to do for ual?

No, they don't do interviews for fashion marketing. I'm in the best high school in Poland, I have quite a good marks and work placement as the editor in fashion and lifestyle (on polish website for bloggers), social media assistant and hr manager assistant
Hey, anyone applying for fashion management at LCF ? Haven't heard anything yet .. are they doing interviews for management ?
Original post by frederike.e
Hey, anyone applying for fashion management at LCF ? Haven't heard anything yet .. are they doing interviews for management ?

Hi, I applied for fashion management and got an unconditional offer a couple of days ago :smile: and no as far as I know they do not do interviews for fashion business courses.
Reply 33
I did interview last month... but haven t got any massages yet
Original post by Miao Cat
I did interview last month... but haven t got any massages yet

How was your interview going ? What did they want to know ?:wink: good luck 🎉
Reply 35
Original post by frederike.e
How was your interview going ? What did they want to know ?:wink: good luck 🎉

I don't know.. really don't, I just asked some questions like y r choose this course, wt do you want to do in the future.....
Well....I still waiting for the results, by the way I am international student, so I did the interview in international office
Original post by Miao Cat
I don't know.. really don't, I just asked some questions like y r choose this course, wt do you want to do in the future.....
Well....I still waiting for the results, by the way I am international student, so I did the interview in international office

For what course did you do an interview?
Reply 37
Original post by busranergiz
For what course did you do an interview?

Fashion management
I didn't know they did interviews for fashion management at LCF?
Reply 39
Original post by busranergiz
I didn't know they did interviews for fashion management at LCF?

I don't know, I think because I am international student.....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending