The Student Room Group

Possible to get a B in Biology without A2 coursework?

My friend is studying her A2 spec as an external candidate having already completed the AS portion (including coursework) in school. However, because she isn't in school for the A2 part, she is missing out on the coursework.

I was wondering if it would be possible to achieve a grade B with just AS coursework + exams? Or if it is too optimistic...

The exam board is CCEA, if that is any help. AS units are 40% of final grade and A2 are worth 60%.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Amusing Elk so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Original post by Craffertyful
My friend is studying her A2 spec as an external candidate having already completed the AS portion (including coursework) in school. However, because she isn't in school for the A2 part, she is missing out on the coursework.

I was wondering if it would be possible to achieve a grade B with just AS coursework + exams? Or if it is too optimistic...

The exam board is CCEA, if that is any help. AS units are 40% of final grade and A2 are worth 60%.

She really needs to make arrangements with a local centre to complete the coursework part of the course. Even if the maths added up to a B, getting a zero for these assessed parts of the course would make a B grade pretty useless anyway - it's a crucial part of the course which needs to be passed well, regardless of other unit marks.

Centres which take external candidates can often arrange for the coursework element of the course to be taken, and I advise you tell her to get on with this, before it's too late.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending