The Student Room Group

MSc Management Cass vs Warwick vs UCL vs Imperial - and Why?

Hi,

I have been made an offer for the Cass MSc Management and Warwick MSc Management for Business Excellence program. After reading the previous posts online, I am of the opinion that Warwick is better than Cass, based on reputation, job opportunities, and school community/student community.

I am awaiting a decision from LSE and UCL, for their MSc Management programs. I feel confident that they will accept me. However, CASS needs a response within a couple of days and in this time, I might not get a reponse from UCL and LSE. The tuiton costs are fairly similar for all alternatives.

Imperial put me on their waiting list 08.02.17.

I would be very glad if someone could share your views and help me make a list from 1-5 (one is the best alternative), and why.

PS: I am from Norway, and my primary interest is in business development jobs. I am aspiring to get an internship in the UK during or after graduation within retail, operations or strategy.

Kind regards,
Hans-Magnus A. O.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by HansMagnusAO
Hi,

I have been made an offer for the Cass MSc Management and Warwick MSc Management for Business Excellence program. After reading the previous posts online, I am of the opinion that Warwick is better than Cass, based on reputation, job opportunities, and school community/student community.

I am also awaiting a decision from Imperial (had my interview 11 days ago) and UCL, for their MSc Management programs. I feel confident that they will accept me. However, CASS needs a response within 8 days and in this time, I might not get a reponse from UCL and Imperial. The tuiton costs are fairly similar for all four alternatives. CASS granted me a academic scholarship of 2000 GBP.

I would be very glad if you could share your views and help me make a list from 1-4 (one is the best alternative), and why.

PS: I am from Norway, and my primary interest is in business development jobs. I am aspiring to get an internship in the UK during or after graduation within retail, operations, consulting, marketing or strategy.

Kind regards,
Hans-Magnus A. O.

Moved to Applications :yy:
I'd suggest waiting. Warwick>>>>Cass and accepting Cass then finding out you have an offer from Imperial would be tragic.
Hi,

I am also awaiting a decision from Imperial (had my interview 11 days ago) and UCL, for their MSc Management programs. I feel confident that they will accept me. However, CASS needs a response within 8 days and in this time, I might not get a reponse from UCL and Imperial. The tuiton costs are fairly similar for all four alternatives. CASS granted me a academic scholarship of 2000 GBP.

I would be very glad if you could share your views and help me make a list from 1-4 (one is the best alternative), and why.

PS: I am from Norway, and my primary interest is in business development jobs. I am aspiring to get an internship in the UK during or after graduation within retail, operations, consulting, marketing or strategy.

Kind regards,
Hans-Magnus A. O.

It is unfair of Cass to push you into a decision. You could get your own back by accepting them, then rejecting them if you get another offer which you prefer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5

Original post by ageshallnot
It is unfair of Cass to push you into a decision. You could get your own back by accepting them, then rejecting them if you get another offer which you prefer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

^this.

Accepting Cass is not binding.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by STEMisSuperior.
I'd suggest waiting. Warwick>>>>Cass and accepting Cass then finding out you have an offer from Imperial would be tragic.

Not for Management. All three are on a par.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
"jneill", are you sure about this? They are stating that I would have to pay a 2000 GBP deposit fee, which I won't get refunded if I decide to reject my offer.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
"jneill", are you sure about this? They are stating that I would have to pay a 2000 GBP deposit fee, which I won't get refunded if I decide to reject my offer.

Ah well that's different then.

Miserable *******s! Hmmm would you want to attend an institution which acts like that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by ageshallnot
Miserable *******s! Hmmm would you want to attend an institution which acts like that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It seems Imperial (invoiced 5 days after accepting offer) and Warwick (payable within 4 weeks) do similar.

Must be a nasty business school trick...
Yeah, its something alot of the universities do

Update: Imperial just put me on their MSc Management waiting list. Do you guys know anything about the chances of getting in, being on this list?

I will turn down CASS while waiting for LSE and UCL.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 12

Update: Imperial just put me on their MSc Management waiting list. Do you guys know anything about the chances of getting in, being on this list?

No, sorry. Maybe ask in the Postgrads forum. This particular forum is mostly used by undergrad applicants.

Postgrad forum is here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=100

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jneill
Not for Management. All three are on a par.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im talking about future employment prospects. Warwick is a strong target.
Im talking about future employment prospects. Warwick is a strong target.

Cass has the advantage of being located in London and Imperial is a target as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wolfmoon88
Cass has the advantage of being located in London and Imperial is a target as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Imperial and possibly even UCL will be better choices. But Warwick has a good business school and location has little advantage since banks visit and host networking events in Warwick anyway. Besides, it's only an hours train journey from London.
Imperial and possibly even UCL will be better choices. But Warwick has a good business school and location has little advantage since banks visit and host networking events in Warwick anyway. Besides, it's only an hours train journey from London.

Imo Cass is a better choice than UCL but slightly worst than Imperial and LSE.

True Warwick has a business school that world renowned.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wolfmoon88
Imo Cass is a better choice than UCL but slightly worst than Imperial and LSE.

True Warwick has a business school that world renowned.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well UCL is a target whereas Cass is a semi target. Perhaps the dept is better but reputation matters for employment. But yeah I get where you're coming from.
Well UCL is a target whereas Cass is a semi target. Perhaps the dept is better but reputation matters for employment. But yeah I get where you're coming from.

Isn't that just for Investment Banking though? I mean Cass definitely has a better department in management compared to UCL in the business realm. It all depends on international connections. People know about Cass around the globe (I am from Asia which is a reputation driven place, they place Cass higher than UCL's business school for sure).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19

Hi, I am in a similar situation here, I've been put on the waiting list for Mcs Management (applying for 2018-2019) - just wondering if you got an offer from IC after all?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending