The Student Room Group

If a girl you asked out just wanted to be your friend but ...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kenni12
Well friends help out each other when they can right, so why wouldn't she if she could.

I'd do the same for any friend if I could and if she asked, since it's clear that there's no possiblity of mutual attachment between us.

plenty of reasons not to do so! if the relationship goes sour then that could affect her friendship with both of you
Reply 21
Original post by 27FT
Um no. Firstly, you only accepted to be her friend in hopes of being more in the future then when you realised that you weren't going any further you asked her to hook up with her friends. You're only using her either way here, seems like you're the bad friend, sorry bud.

Original post by Rock Fan
Not saying you are a bad guy but don't say she is in the wrong here.

Original post by UWS
Did you come across as desperate? How long did you wait between asking her out and asking her to hook up? Just because she didn't want to hook you up with her friends it doesn't make her a bad friend, maybe she legitimately doesn't know anyone to hook you up with or she's just not the matchmaker type.

"OK,...got anything else with anyone coming up", how's that for a more friendly way of responding to a friendzone:smile:
Reply 22
Original post by doodle_333
plenty of reasons not to do so! if the relationship goes sour then that could affect her friendship with both of you

OK, then how about friends of friends(e.g. some random girl in a social event that she never invited herself or she has no clear intentions of befriending)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Trinculo
Yeh, she's not a being a friend at all.

Friends help friends hook up. She's being a cockblocking, selfish, princess. She thinks you're not good enough for her (only fit to be her jester), and not even good enough for her friends.

Ask her why she's being such a btich.

Agreed.

OP is she actually your friend? Or is she just a girl you asked out that used 'lets just be friends' as an excuse? I'm guessing it's the latter, so you can't be surprised if that is the case.

Ignore everyone else in the thread lmao. If she was actually your friend she'd be supportive about that stuff. I and my female friends would hook each other up with people we thought would be a good match for each other. It's a standard thing normal people do. I have a female friend that's been kinda desperate to get a decent boyfriend for ages. If I knew anyone that I thought would be good for her I'd send them her way immediately lol.

Got another hot female friend who's always saying she'l wingman for me on nights out if I want as well. But I'm not into pulling at clubs so never taken her up on it.
Original post by kenni12
OK, then how about friends of friends(e.g. some random girl in a social event that she never invited herself or she has no clear intentions of befriending)

Frankly I still wouldn't wanna do it. She's still going to run into these people and tbh it would look weird to be recommending a BF to a friend of a friend. You also seem really persistent on this issue so perhaps she's also concerned that your behaviour might be strange if she invites you to things.
Reply 25
Original post by ChickenMadness
Agreed.

OP is she actually your friend? Or is she just a girl you asked out that used 'lets just be friends' as an excuse? I'm guessing it's the latter, so you can't be surprised if that is the case.

Ignore everyone else in the thread lmao. If she was actually your friend she'd be supportive about that stuff......

This is an old friend of mine that I've never talked to for more than 5 years now, I deleted her contacted details because I came to her house 2 or 3 times and asked her to come to mine, but she never did. Also, It got to a point where she didn't even call me like she used to and me with my "pay as you go" budget would always call her. I don't know if it had to do with the fact that we grew up with more responsiblities(e.g.jobs) or she just didn't find me important anymore.

One time, when we went to the cinema with another girl, one of them because she couldn't see one particular movie, at the end we didn't see anything :angry:and went home like nothing happened. Now me being the "nice guy" at the time, didn't complain about it and swallowed the frustration, even after what I paid to use the bus to go there,. This was like the only time we went out together, everything else as far as I was concerned was being organised/started by only me.

Although none of them are part of my life anymore, I just felt the need to bring this up because it's made me more hesistant in seeing a friendzone as a dating opportunity as far as my sexual needs are concerned.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by kenni12
This is an old friend of mine that I've never talked to for more than 5 years now, I deleted her contacted details because I came to her house 2 or 3 times and asked her to come to mine, but she never did. Also, It got to a point where she didn't even call me like she used to and me with my "pay as you go" budget would always call her. I don't know if it had to do with the fact that we grew up with more responsiblities(e.g.jobs) or she just didn't find me important anymore.

One time, when we went to the cinema with another girl, one of them because she couldn't see one particular movie, at the end we didn't see anything :angry:and went home like nothing happened. Now me being the "nice guy" at the time, didn't complain about it and swallowed the frustration, even after what I paid to use the bus to go there,. This was like the only time we went out together, everything else as far as I was concerned was being organised/started by only me.

Although none of them are part of my life anymore, I just felt the need to bring this up because it's made me more hesistant in seeing a friendzone as a dating opportunity as far as my sexual needs are concerned.

She sounds like she doesn't care about you anymore. I would ditch and move on and get some better friends lol.

Quick Reply

Latest